Download, installation instructions & troubleshooting

Free Opener has stopped working.
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.
Edit: Fixed it!:D I put the archived file into a different folder, then pasted it into the sid meiders civilization v folder, and it works!!!:woohoo:

Yep, it is asking me if I want to replace the existing one but in-game I'm still being told that the R.E.D. DLL is not activated.

when did you download the DLL ?

I already had version 4 of the data files, but I deleted it and downloaded it again. I then downloaded version 31 and deleted version 30. Then I downloaded the DLL. I couldn't find the file to extract the DLL so I opened Civ and hoped that it might work anyway, but to no avail. So then I asked and found out from you where to extract the DLL to. By then version 4 and version 31 had downloaded on the Mods screen in-game. I extracted the DLL, it asked me if I want to replace a file, I said yes. Opened Civ, still said that the R.E.D. DLL was not active.

Perhaps I played around too much.

try to delete the cache folder.

And then open the game? Or delete cache then redo the process of getting verion 4, 31, then DLL and extracting?

and open the game.

ok, can you post your lua.log please ?

Wait! I just extraced again and moved some files, and it worked!!!! :woohoo:

Thanks Gedemon for you're help :)

For some reason might still won't active. I wondering am I putting it the right place. Where is the original CvGameCoreDLLFinal Release.dll file?

in civ5 folder in : C:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\ or wherever is your steam common folder.

you have to replace the original version.

no, you have to replace one single file, and not in "common" but in civ5 folder in : "..\steam\steamapps\common\"

Which could possibly be this path if you're using Win7 with standard installation option for steam:
C:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v

I hope I can figure out soon how to deal with this big modding restriction, maybe by converting the mod to G&K.

This is all the my common folder has in it.

Edit: I got it now

Attachments

• civ 5.1.png
    civ 5.1.png
    76.6 KB · Views: 291
Ho, ok, so you're the other mac user of the mod then.

I'm sorry, the last compatible version for mac is R.E.D. WWII Edition (v 31) beta4, the DLL can't be used on mac AFAIK.

Top Bottom