Fall Patch

It wasn't a ridiculous question, so there is no need to be poxy about it. Here is Australia - seasons start at the beginning of the month and continue for three months until changing over again. I literally had no idea it was different around the world until I clicked on that link.

I actually didn't know that until you mentioned it. Just goes to show that you learn a new thing every day!

I really really hope so. You know the devs dropped the ball entirely when you see noobs (no offense to nnobs, we were all noobs once) beating deity.

Spoiler :
Hyperbole is a wonderful thing.

Where, where are these supposed 'noobs' that are beating Diety? If you mean they don't play in the way you perceive as "optimum" then it is a matter of opinion not the qualifying criteria for being a 'noob'. A word which in itself has become interchangeable with "newbie" despite the vast differences between the two.

There are many players who cannot consistently beat Diety and the games overall difficulty is 'fine'. The main issues are RNG which can screw the player over
Spoiler :
not receiving a great prophet many turns after having the points for one, grossly taking more damage or dealing significantly less damage than the numbers represent, finding map after map in ruins
and the AI making bad choices due to having cheats on. I can't find it to reference but someone modded the AI to receive no bonuses at all, and it actually played better! It's over reliance/abuse of all the perks it get's leads it to do the same thing a lot of players would do when playing on settler difficulty, where it is harder to lose at all than it is to win.

We have many topics on this forum about how 'easy' the game is; most of the time they are either playing under their difficulty level or they are using mods which may or may not be the cause.
I am not saying the AI is super duper impossible, but if you are telling me beginner/really-bad players are beating Diety without baking the game settings first then I would like you to provide some evidence of this because I am not seeing it and neither are many of us on Civfanatics.

Ok about the autumn patch ((- hoping we don't fall for it...j/k))
Played same civ, same startup on same earth map, from same startup location (via restart option). Same opponents. Here are my observations of the differences between BNW with and without beta applied. With beta: Civs not quite as aggressive. CS sent there ships many hexes from home in beta (never saw this in any other civ5 game). Barbarians less likely to attack in beta (suicide attacks = good/self preservation) (barb bows = bad, free ranged damage to nearby civ units is preferable to just sitting there as the civ closes). Civs offered many combo trades combining GPT, lump sum, strategicPT (often obsolete), and open border. Observation: many civs with a religion now try to bribe you with GPT to open your border (while not opening theirs), and/or sneaking player opening border in a long list of items in a trade package.

BTW, agree ^
maps from ruins are almost always an *extremely* poor result for player - they should be eliminated. However, an ancient map showing ancient trade routes to multiple city states / perhaps a continent away might introduce some interesting decisions - but frequency of maps should be decreased very significantly anyway - or eliminated completely.
religion change so that pantheon and generation of great prophet are equal for all civs. The penalty for getting maps instead of religion from ruins is also too steep. Perhaps a civ might be designed with a bonus towards accumulating religion points? Excepting that - all civs should have same thresholds for getting a pantheon and great prophets.

couls sombody please provide a Civlopedia entry SS of the New german UB the "Hanse" or maybe the just the Portrait art. I didn't have the time to try the Beta.

SS of Hanse Civilopedia entry attached.

Attachments

• Hanse.jpg
    Hanse.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 267
Will the Fall patch upgrade God's and King's as well or does it improve Brave New World or Both or an over all patch for Civ V.

I am playing God's and King's which I got off the Summer Sale by buying the Gold Edition. Love the Summer Sale. Will learn more game techniques until next Summer sale and then purchase Brave New World with whichever new DLC material has been added at that time.

Thanks

Brew God

Top Bottom