Deity/Domination or Violent Culture/Large Map

I saw in one of Marbozir's LPs the brilliant use of naval units for clearing out the enemy, he took out a coastal expo, moved out, waited for them to swarm their military to take the city back and picked them all off from the seas. Perhaps that's the way to deal with Germany?

As said, yes.
Yeah, missed that before I posted. Our carrier battle group should be across the pond in another 2-3 turns, plus a turn of upgrade and we should be at war just in time for Storm Trooper to deliver the :hammer:

Turn 216 (con’t) – Lightbulb the rest of radar. We enter a new era and get a new spy. I’m going to put the new spy in Berlin to act as a spotter for our aircraft. If we get to steal something, even better. I doubt he will be there long enough to steal something.

A caravan that was sending food to New York is now sending production to New York. It will take five turns for our carrier to get across.

We also have a new social policy. I debate on whether or not to go with science from factories or added production. I go with production. (five-year plan)

IBT - :sleep:

Turn 217 – 1535 AD – Lisboa: battleship => battleship
Washington: artillery => airport
Philly: carrier => carrier

Bismarck has battleships. A focused battleship task force could wipe out the German navy in a few turns. The only danger is submarines. Bismarck also has panzers. One is right on the frontier.

I saw in one of Marbozir's LPs the brilliant use of naval units for clearing out the enemy, he took out a coastal expo, moved out, waited for them to swarm their military to take the city back and picked them all off from the seas. Perhaps that's the way to deal with Germany?

That's essentially what I have been doing with Polynesia. I was going to suggest that with Frankfurt. First you will have to deal with the German navy.

IBT – Bismarck completes the Pentagon for us in Berlin.

Turn 218 – 1540 AD – We have our first range 4 battleship.

IBT – Everyone is denouncing Germany - Korea, Morocco. Morocco wants open borders so their settler can come ashore and settle in an inconvenient place for us. No thank you.

Turn 219 – 1545 AD – Boston: Great war infantry => zoo

IBT – The Doge wants to be friends. Since he doesn’t have is capitol anymore, we won’t go to war with him, so I say yes. The Doge does declare war on Maria.

Turn 220 – 1550 AD – Carthage: zoo => B17
Kill three Polynesians.

Sell oranges to Darius for 5 gpt.

Here is the Polynesian tactical situation:

Polynesian units have been coming down the road from Samoa toward Tonga. I would suggest making peace with Kamehameha when you start the war with Bismarck. That will free up units to go south. Note the carrier and its air wing to the east.

Here is the situation at Berlin:

I would suggest focusing on the German navy first, then on land units, then finally on Frankfurt. You will have an airport in Washington to air lift units across the pond. Nevertheless, you will also have to deal with a few German units that are around Bonn, just south of New York. I have seen a few Great War infantry and a least one artillery over there.

Attachments

• Washington_0220 AD-1550.Civ5Save
    1.5 MB · Views: 67
Ugh, do we even have enough units to fight on two fronts? If Germany walks in to capture the coastal cities we just took, I can theoretically set up a kill zone to thin them down, buuuuuuuuuut it's not going to be pretty and I honestly don't think we can clear out the map without the UU and rocket arty.

Also, why don't we annex those cities if it's free

If we got the free courthouse we should annex. You should have 0 problem defending against Polynesia. You can even make a temporary peace with him if you can get gold.

Also we need gold for upgrading our anti air and you will have to make sure everything is ready. You can rebase the planes on turn 220 to upgrade them on turn 221. Then I'd put them back in the carrier. It's very likely you'll have to be very careful and play on the defensive first.

Edit: nevermind, the free courthouse is on capture and you must select annex for it to appear. Not for previously captured.

Alright, Hawaii are willing to give 2 cities in a peace deal. That probably amounts to all of their 120 gpt and a pair of luxes. We now have 208 gpt and +12 happiness before hitting Germany

Germany has 19 cities and Persia 12. We don't actually have the free courthouses unlocked, my mistake

Turn 221: Paid Germany to go to war with Korea, Persia and Hawaii. That should spread him out a bit

for the Airlift to work, both source and destination cities have to have Airports, so that plan is out the window

I also bullied 200 gold out of a city state, tee hee. Writer is due in 4 turns, policy ion 9. I will bulb him to speed up the free courthouses. Only then can I build airports across the pond and airlift

Turn 222: Morocco wants a DoF. We decline. I can attack Germany now as they seem to have started to spread around

Turn 223: All of our cities are now building units. We have 3 arties ready in 2 turns, just in time to upgrade to rockets. I think I'll DoW Germany and annex the Hawaiian cities across and start working on Airports there for airlifting while arties fend off the attack on the homeland

Turn 224: Germany moved their navy in our reach. They're sitting ducks and I think I will attack now. Wish me luck

Turn 225: Plundered a pair of their routes, and killed a number of ships in the crossfire. I have blown all money on upgrading to rocket arty. I will airlift them as soon as possible. Happiness is down to -3 because ideology

Turn 226: Germany's army was estimated in the 650k area at the beginning of turn, it's now at 530ish, so we're doing alright in thinning them down. Happy back to +9 because thanks Korea

Turn 229: Back to unhappy. I have captured Frankfurt and I'm gonna sell it to Koreans for cash considerations

Done. I think I did reasonably well, Germany's army is not in particularly good shape, especially since they've been duking it out with Persia up north. Berlin is ripe for taking, and rocket artillery is just crazy good

Last points: I refused DoFs from Hawaii and Persia as they will be next to go down.

Attachments

• ww3.jpg
    ww3.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 121
Well done. I wouldn't have considered selling Frankfurt, but that was a good move. I'm going to have to try that in the future.

I know you guys aren't into telling the story of what's going on, but how about a little bit more about the action?

We also need to find Venice. Germany controls Venice and we need that for the win.

What happened with Bonn, the German city just south of our lands? Any action?

Where are the two Polynesian cities that we got in the peace deal? I don't see those on the map.

How much German attacks did you see moving into our Polynesian cities? Do we need those battleships there or can they be moved south?

Did we ever get airports built on the Polynesian side of the pond?

One last observation: we will need to get the happies under control before taking Berlin. We'll have at least 12 added to our -6 now.

Ok, from the top:

1. Bonn will be captured by our city state ally and would be out of the game after this turn. (tee hee)

2. I didn't get the pair of Polycities because that would have sunk the happies. Instead I took all of their gold and two luxuries. Hopefully Germany will take Honolulu and we won't get to break that deal by DoWing Hawaii ourselves

3. A lot of Panzers crashed and burned in the assault. I kept the ships parked just outside so we can keep mowing them. They are losing units at a rate of 4-5 per turn. I mean, I totally whooped them :lol:

4. Airports would require annexing first and I couldn't do that due to unhappy. The Iron Curtain perk IS NOT RETROACTIVE i.e. you don't get free courthouses when you annex a previous puppet. Once we clear out German shores, I think it can be used to annex and control Berlin quickly. One of their cities also has Prora built but I don't know which one

I have to hand it to you guys, you've done a really good job so far. I'm proud of all of you! :)

Looks like you can wrap this up in a few more rounds :)

Yeah, especially nice of Acken and Bugsy to have built me an army so that I could commit complete genocide :)

Is Acken up or am I up? This game is turning around fast.

I'm sure Aiken will have already thought of this, but I think we need to annex a city in Polynesia and get at least one airport over there. Preferably two. We already have an airport in Washington. Did we build a second?

That would allow us to go to build military/industrial complex mode and send units across the pond quickly.

Top Bottom