Has anyone made a terrain texture pack that changes the oceans to clouds?

Holy crap that looks amazing BM. Can't wait to see it finished.
Don't hold your breathe. If I counted correctly I've got 8 major projects going simultaneously - more if I count their larger components (terrain, cities, splashes, etc.). This I discovered wil mesh nicely into one of those - but one further down the pipeline.

Not to mention the way my trackball is giving suddenly out on me. Can't even drag something across the screen without weirdness sometimes. Makes dealing with dozens of layers difficult. That at least is an easy fix - buy a new one.
Wait, what ? What ? What do I have to do with all this ?
Supa = Extinct Fauna & help with unusual terrains. Therefore Supa = SkyWater + Pterosaurs. Your inspiration = my sweat. :p

Found a new toy in the toybox. Gimp's Fog filter. This is just a first experiment. Tried out a variation of Pounder's suggestion by creating 3 progressively darker layers. Can probably do some decent wispy clouds with it by adjusting some parameters. Also looking into doing some CnP and manipulation with photos from free sources.

Those are very nice, Blue.
When do you plan on releasing them?
:lol:

Welcome to the party, Dogman328. One of the first things to disappear around here is any semblance of a realistic deadline. The one decade award that wasn't handed out was for the project that came in ahead of schedule.

Don't hold your breathe. If I counted correctly I've got 8 major projects going simultaneously - more if I count their larger components (terrain, cities, splashes, etc.). This I discovered wil mesh nicely into one of those - but one further down the pipeline.

:coffee:

Might the blue bits in the attached SMAC .pcx help as an overlay? (Asked the Village Gfx Idiot ...)
There's nothing immediately useful there - most fundamentally because the tiling is square rather than our isometric "diamond" shape. But I'm grateful for the file, I see things that will be of use in several other projects. More terrain is always a good thing, for inspiration if nothing else.

In my fantasy terrain I made a cloud terrain which can be partially seen in an image from this thread.

Spoiler :

Of course, the terrain got no attention so I never uploaded it. I regret that because I lost the final work in a hard disk crash. I found some of the pieces though. If you can make use of the cloud tile I made, please feel free to use it.

View attachment single cloud tile.pcx
single cloud tile.png

In my fantasy terrain I made a cloud terrain ... I lost the final work in a hard disk crash. I found some of the pieces though. If you can make use of the cloud tile I made, please feel free to use it.
:( your loss is our loss. Your terrains have always been very inspirational. My style is quite different, but with your support added to that of other terrain creators I admire I really feel like I should move this project toward the top of the pile. Thanks for the encouragement.

:( your loss is our loss. Your terrains have always been very inspirational. My style is quite different, but with your support added to that of other terrain creators I admire I really feel like I should move this project toward the top of the pile. Thanks for the encouragement.

@wuhjah - :(
@Blue Monkey - :cool:

-Oz

Here is a preview of trying to get some variance in height on the grassland.

Haven't decided how much to add yet as I don't want it everywhere, hopefully I will get some time this weekend to work on it some more.

Is this included in any of your posted downloads? If not, but you still have the wip files after all these years, they would be of help in creating this custom terrain. Trying everything possible to give the "edge of the world" effect.

Top Bottom