Gallery for Great Works of Art/Music

Anubis1Anpu

Chieftain
I was curious what the community thought on the current method of displaying your great works. Currently, there is no display other than the console UI that allows you to view little, general icons in the buildings where the works are currently being stored by yours or any other empire.

Honestly, I, personally, find the lack of a gallery or ability to view, at least the works of art, a detraction from immersion. I would personally love to be able to see these great works of art in some sort of in-game "museum." Of course, you can just Wikipedia any of the works of art if you are curious what exactly might be up for offer, and to be fair, the game initially displays your own masterpieces at the time of their creation.

Obviously, this sort of feature would probably be superseded by the need to repair any defective gameplay elements, but it would certainly enrich the Civilization experience.

You can always click on the work of art and get it displayed, same way you can when it is first created (you just cannot do it out of the cultural victory screen, I believe, but you can do it I think in the city screen).

Still, I agree, it would be cool if there was a screen where you can view all the thumbnails of the works of art you have.

Great! I've never even found Hungarian dance 1 in game, I didn't know it was there.

Also, In the Hall of the Mountain King isn't in game, it was only in the demo used at pax. They took it out of the final version, sadly.

Top Bottom