Least favorite time to War

I don't like warring in the...

• Ancient Era ("Damn hills!")

Votes: 25 21.4%
  • Classical Era ("They are getting Iron for Pig... FML")

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Medieval Era ("Wonder if I'll fall asleep by the time defenses reach 0")

• Renaissance Era ("Where the hell did you pull those Rifles from?")

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Industrial Era ("We're doing fine on our own... No you're not!")

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Modern Era ("Holy crap it lags so bad... just gonna nuke everyone")

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • Future Era ("I still haven't won yet??? Nuke everyone!")

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • I am a pacifist, thus I dislike any of this savage behavior

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • There is no bad era; you're all peacemongering cowards

• Never! (Defy Resolution)

Votes: 12 10.3%

• Total voters
It would be nice to play multiplayer against you... I'd like to see you saying that if in a single turn I razed several of your cities :lol:

Why? I would say "$%@#@!, you %$^@$^!!!"
What's interesting about that? :)

Even hippie screams, when somebody is standing on his toe.

Technology is evil though.

Are you making fun or is it some general rule, like:
"don't research, if you don't have immediate use for technology"

Or is it just: "atomic bomb is wrong, so we should climb the trees and stay there.":)

Unless you are count cataphracts, I almost never war in the Medieval.

Why? I would say "$%@#@!, you %$^@$^!!!"
What's interesting about that? :)

Even hippie screams, when somebody is standing on his toe.

Are you making fun or is it some general rule, like:
"don't research, if you don't have immediate use for technology"

Or is it just: "atomic bomb is wrong, so we should climb the trees and stay there.":)

technology has transformed our society into a depraved madhouse of hedonism, nihilism and cultural marxism - therefore it is evil;)

technology should be limited to the amount needed to defeat your neighbours and liberate their citizens of their technologically driven nightmare. if you research any more than that then you are probably a sociopath.

technology has transformed our society into a depraved madhouse of hedonism, nihilism and cultural marxism - therefore it is evil;)

technology should be limited to the amount needed to defeat your neighbours and liberate their citizens of their technologically driven nightmare. if you research any more than that then you are probably a sociopath.

People would have so much fun with this in Off-Topic. :)

People would have so much fun with this in Off-Topic. :)

Actually world history would be the correct forum, since in order to discuss the veracity of my claim you would have to contrast our society with other societies of varying levels of technological development throughout history. They'd probably just spam it with stupid holocaust jokes at world history though - that's what they always do to independent thinkers.

I'm a pacifist, so I don't attack often. when I do attack I prefer it to be in the Renaissance Era. Conqistudors baby! :lol:

I loathe early wars as I'm usualy behind in tech.

Actually world history would be the correct forum, since in order to discuss the veracity of my claim you would have to contrast our society with other societies of varying levels of technological development throughout history. They'd probably just spam it with stupid holocaust jokes at world history though - that's what they always do to independent thinkers.

If you're in the mood to and have time you could make a new thread in the history forum and elaborate on your point.
I would gladly discuss it with an open mind, probably learning a bit. Post a link, if you decide to do it.

I prefer going to war when I get either rifles or my UU if it's good. However, I hate going to war in Ancient Era. Once I get swords... :mwaha:

Don't want to derail this too much, but there are a couple different ways you could take this. The political nature of the comment would be more appropriate for the OT, I think, and in many threads in OT we do talk about historical data.

World History has been pretty dead--the Holocaust joke phase gave way to the Zheng He'ing of threads. Now, not much is going on there.

Being able to intercept the enemy zeppelins is a huge plus. Airships are a little too powerful in Civ4.

Yes it is fun watching all the zeppelins go down in flames once you have a few fighters up.

Wouldn't work, city would still have 99% of the other culture, because culture remains ;)

I still do that so I can rebuild my enemy's empire in my own image. It doesn't matter who has the cultural majority of a tile (or a bunch of them) if there aren't any foreign cities around to contest your claim. ;)

To answer the question, I'm one of maybe 4 people on the planet who hates early rushes, so I would say ancient warfare. I try to avoid fighting until I can get scads of riflemen and going on a killing spree.

For me:

Ancient Era - Great time to war. Worker stealing and all that. Love it.
Classical Era - Horse archers.
Medieval Era - Yeah, I voted for this one. I hate medieval era. Longbowmen and bombarding takes forever.
Renaissance Era - Cavalry or Draft rifles/cannons. Awesome.
Industrial Era - Great time to war if you're behind just because infantry/artillery have such long shelf lives.
Modern Era - Nukes.
Future Era - Errrrr... yeah. Game should be over by now.

I veto this resolution, i go at war only if necessary. Example, i was playing France in Europe, and Spain settles a city over the line of Pyrenees, it's war for sure baby.

I still do that so I can rebuild my enemy's empire in my own image. It doesn't matter who has the cultural majority of a tile (or a bunch of them) if there aren't any foreign cities around to contest your claim. ;)

To answer the question, I'm one of maybe 4 people on the planet who hates early rushes, so I would say ancient warfare. I try to avoid fighting until I can get scads of riflemen and going on a killing spree.

I'm one of the four!

Classical, first of all my economy cant support a large army or my conquests very well (not at least without falling behind anyway and the bombardments still take a while if the enemy has walls. although if you playing as Rome its not so bad because Praets make it alot easier

Modern era. Ancient era can rush with just about anything, Classical gives you CR Swords or HAs, medieval gives you those CR maces you're going to promote to rifles for the renaissance era, industrial gives you cannon/arty.

Transport/Destroyers/Stealth Bombers/Fighters/Tanks/Marines/Paras/crap upgrades for cavs? Unless you have a tech lead it's a pointless arms race. Enemy Cultural Borders that mean you can only raze cities? What's the point?

Nukes are nice though...but not enough to sway it to the medieval slow.

I'll have to admit, warring in Civ 4 is.. tedious. I usually always rage quit when the war bells come, and I find no fun in it. Is that wrong?

Top Bottom