Scenario: 1940AD on GEM

I have just loaded this Map 6.1 and am considering incorporating my "Unique Units" into it.

see details in my Road to War - Mini-Mod

I am keen WWII wargamer, but want a little bit more accuracy in the capabilities of the units. So All the major nations will be getting unique units to replace their generic units. And they will also be named.

I have just loaded this Map 6.1 and am considering incorporating my "Unique Units" into it.

see details in my Road to War - Mini-Mod

I am keen WWII wargamer, but want a little bit more accuracy in the capabilities of the units. So All the major nations will be getting unique units to replace their generic units. And they will also be named.

That's great! Good luck with it and let us know your progress.

Can't something be done about the civ/leaders list at the right of the screen? There are so many that some do not show up there. It gets kind of anoying, you need to open the Foreign Advisor to talk to them, and its much more complicated; also, it doesn't let you select other items in that menu (like Tech Tree), because there are names above them.

Ok so I have a question.

I'm playing as Canada (as Britain's vassal) in the latest 1940 scenario. I am at war with America (!) and I'm doing OK but something strange has happened- I cannot build ANY buildings ANYWHERE. Is this a bug, some sort of vassal limitation in wartime, or a result of their bombers' new options which I don't yet fully understand? They certainly have only bombed a few cities. Also I have never been a vassal before, so is it that?

Does anyone know how this is happening?

Take a look at the World 2009 Mod, Genghis made the Modern GEM for that and it is awesome. the mod still needs a bit of work before its released but it is getting there.

Genghis,
Any chance of a WWI scenario for this? Perhaps 1914 AD

He said he would love the mod to be expanded, but he does not have the time. I don't think it would be too hard to modify the 1940 AD scenario back to August 1914. Get the basics in place for instance, we would have to bring Austria-Hungary back. Rework colonies in Africa, and give the Germans control of Tsingtao. That's just for starters. We may have to change some city names. Anyway with a better unit selection, we could eventually create a really good WWI scenario for GEM. With RevolutionsDCM it would be quite addictive.

Played the WWII mod as the US took over Tokyo Turn 3 and Brest Turn 4.

I know it is hard to balance with a human in control of the US. Playing as an Axis is fun.

Just think it would be too hard to balance a AI and a Human USA without a specific set of starting units for each. AI is just lousy at Island defense.

the settler is set to 0 cost
you need to put it -1 cost
a bomb at least 400 cost
research in marathon at least 1000 %
and
Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_CITY_RAZING
Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_BARBARIANS
Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_VASSAL_STATES
Option=GAMEOPTION_AGGRESSIVE_AI
ForceControl=FORCECONTROL_SPEED
Victory=VICTORY_CONQUEST
Victory=VICTORY_DOMINATION
Victory=VICTORY_DIPLOMATIC

He said he would love the mod to be expanded, but he does not have the time. I don't think it would be too hard to modify the 1940 AD scenario back to August 1914. Get the basics in place for instance, we would have to bring Austria-Hungary back. Rework colonies in Africa, and give the Germans control of Tsingtao. That's just for starters. We may have to change some city names. Anyway with a better unit selection, we could eventually create a really good WWI scenario for GEM. With RevolutionsDCM it would be quite addictive.

if you can gather the information i can make the scenario.

I noticed a city named in pinyin Tianjin, is there a reason behind that? Wade-Giles is T'ien-chin and postal map spelling is Tientsin.
Ganchow, Tsingdao... more like Kanchow, Tsingtao?
For Taiyuan, Yichang a 1910 book "The cities and towns of China, a geographical dictionary" (http://www.archive.org/details/citiestownsofchi00playiala) gives spellings Tai-yuen, I-chang.

Thanks. Indeed, I wanted to stick to the Wade-Giles version of translation since it was the dominate translation back then.

But I am surprised how I could have so many modern names still. I thought I have converted all of them some time ago.

I have decided that my next version of Road to War - 2.0, will be based on this scenario and framework. It will save a lot of development time and I will only have to add unique units for each civ. I will miss the European-only scenario, but most of supporters of my mod would prefer a global map. The fact that it also includes all the features of BUG, RevDCM, et.al. will make this a good option for my development.

Top Bottom