Tom's Recolouration Factory

The city terrain is from various sources that are already available. The bulk of the city terrain is by Yoda Power; the trees are from MEMII and the roads were made by Vuldacon for the EFZI2 scenario (I've recoloured them slightly). I am using the terrain including the BMW in my super-hero scenario which I've been tinkering with of late.

tom2050 - let me consult with the other team members re. Abe and I'll get back to you asap.

Per Wolfhart's Request...

Blue Harpy (my recolouring of Aaglo's Harpy)

BlueHarpy.jpg

Download here... View attachment BlueHarpy.rar

Tom

Here are a couple previews for you... It's tough to get a direct golden or bronze look, but I can adjust either of these colors if need be to get a closer look to what you are aiming for.
tom2050 - let me consult with the other team members re. Abe and I'll get back to you asap.
Sorry to make you go back to work on Lincoln. The second preview is better, but seems more golden than brass. You were right that it's not a lot of pixels to work with.From our private dialog:
Blue Monkey said:
Could recolor Lincoln's suit as well. Maybe civ-color? Or make the whole thing Brassy - like the Tin Man in Oz.
After looking at your previews maybe making the coat & hat civ color & all of the rest brass would give you more space to work on the color. The vest & legs would be all of a color with the hands & head. As if the Tin Brass Man found a top hat & dandy's coat to wear.

I apologize again for asking you to put so much work into this.

Sorry to make you go back to work on Lincoln. The second preview is better, but seems more golden than brass. You were right that it's not a lot of pixels to work with.From our private dialog: After looking at your previews maybe making the coat & hat civ color & all of the rest brass would give you more space to work on the color. The vest & legs would be all of a color with the hands & head. As if the Tin Brass Man found a top hat & dandy's coat to wear.

I apologize again for asking you to put so much work into this.

I was going partially off of the golden plot units, which seemed to be a brighter golden color. I have gotten some images from online such as this piece of Brass:

Brass.jpg

I can use this color, and I will post another preview. Please note though, recoloring is usually made quick and easy due to being able to target the different colors of a unit and thus be able to quickly recolor a unit in pieces (the divide and conquer tactic :)). With Abe, recolouring his top hat and coat, but leaving the pants black is entirely possible, but takes a great amount of time (because initially the hat, coat and pants are all black which means the colors cannot be seperated via the palette: so to do this, the hat and coat portions would have to be copied out and recolored seperately, and pasted back in. The main time-consuming portion is accurately selecting the correct pixels of the coat and hat pieces, which would have to be done by hand. There are only 4 flc's so that is a low amount, and I could check it out, but I'll re-post a preview of a brass color along the lines of the above pic with head and hands... and see how that is first.

Tom

Great work on all the recolouring Tom! The BMW looks great. I'd love to use that somehow.

Since you seem to be taking requests a possible project would be, to recolour some of the units in Muffins' Ultramarines pack to make them civ coloured like his other 40K Spacemarine units he made.

I'm not sure if any work is still being done on the 40K mod (check with Virote Considine) but if no one has already recoloured some of these units then I'm sure they will be needed.

The units thread

The Marine Captain and the Assault Marine would be first candidates. The other three units were made in Civ colour by Muffins. Personally I'd like to see the Missile Marine recoloured too as he has a different style of rocket launcher to the civ colour one Muffins did.

A further request would be to remove the Ultramarines 'U' symbol if it isn't too much trouble.

Of course if you have more important things to do Tom please ignore this request. I'd hate to see work on your fantastic HOMM3 Mod slow because you were inundated with recolouring requests.

Cheers

Nick

Ok KingArthur and Blue Monkey :) Check this out. To help bring out the bronzish color of the skin, the black of the coat is slightly brownish, but still dark. The skin is not as gold, and not as dark, but you can see more easily a bronze color than the others.

Lighter Colored Clothes with more Yellow in Skin Tone than both ones below
x_Abe death5th.gif

Darker Clothes with sligtly lighter Skin Tone than the one below
x_Abe death4th.gif

Lighter Clothes with slightly darker Skin Tone than the one above
x_Abe death3rd.gif

Previous ones for comparison

nick0515 said:
Since you seem to be taking requests a possible project would be, to recolour some of the units in Muffins' Ultramarines pack to make them civ coloured like his other 40K Spacemarine units he made.

Sure, I can get to it soon. If I have any questions on any of the specifics I will leave a post before I get started.

Tom

tom, if that's all the work you want to do, I understand. It's certainly better than what we've got to work with now. If you're willing to take another pass, I'd say make the clothing & hair very close to the same color as the skin. Think of a clockwork man wearing metal clothes - with only a civ-colored vest to contrast. Brass, but as monochrome as the Tin Man (image1, image2, image3)

Thank you very, very much, Tom! :thanx:
This will be the first replacing unit for the CCM main file.

Top Bottom