MOD: The Balancer

Well, I am not sure how the conquests bonus disk installs them since I already had it installed...but the file you can download has an autoextractor with it. If you want from there you can select the directory. Also this is still in development and we are hitting it pretty hard now that Conquests is here. Let me know if you want to sign up for beta testing or anything.

Glad you like the mod, we certainly enjoy making it...sometimes more than playing it.

Kingpin,

Great mod! :thumbsup:
I suppose you should start a new thread sinse TBX-R is quite different from previous versions.

I have the balancer that come on civ3 complete. the vresion is 3.1xp . My problem is that I cant get the game to make setllers . Is ther a patch that I can down load to fix it

That version is a little on the buggy side. You're better off downloading one of the later versions from the forums. I'm not sure if there is a patch for that particular version. I haven't been involved in the previous versions of the Balancer, just the Balancer Reloaded.

Go here: http://www.evo-games.net/Home/viewforum.php?f=104

Make sure you start a new game downloading and installing.

Have TBX-R and enjoy it but there are missing descriptions of wonders. Don't know whether to build them or not yet I find the AI is building them.
Is there a patch which gives these details?

My mistake. I have TBX3. Am now downloading TBX-R :blush:

kevin2350 said:
Have TBX-R and enjoy it but there are missing descriptions of wonders. Don't know whether to build them or not yet I find the AI is building them.
Is there a patch which gives these details?

My mistake. I have TBX3. Am now downloading TBX-R :blush:

Have just spent 12 hours [dialup] downloading TBX-R and Stuffit will not open it. What was used to compress this file? Since I will now have to get that programme to use the download.

Feel free to leave your comments here or at the Evo-Games Balancer forums.[/QUOTE]

Have had three goes. Found two problems.
Iron never appeared as a resource, even by the time I had feudalism..
Game froze each time when at some stage I opened the civilopaedia and there were too many links.

Darn! Does anybody happen to know where I can download version 3.1 XP of The Balancer mod? The version included with Civ 3 Complete (Mac) does not work (file size is only 4 MB when I noticed that it was supposed to be 56 MB, so files are missing) and whenever I tried to use TBX-R, it freezes after loading at 76%.

Thanks in advance.

kevin, those two problems are not something that can be fixed as they are problems with the game's coding. All I can say is, tough luck on the iron... and don't open up those civilopedia links.

MulletRobZ, I don't know where you can get TBX 3.1. TBX-R has not been tested for use with the Mac version of Civ3 Complete. Firaxis moved files around in the PC version of Civ3 Complete making TBX-R a bit of a challenge to get working.

is this new or old?

This is the old one man. Still good but you got to fire up "Reloaded" (on this same page) for all the goodies and 100% completeness.

oh wait, theres no custum soundtrack, just what ya got on winamp ol friend.:D (though I might give you a early warning this time) ;)

I have the Civ III complete and tried playing the balancer mod.....however when I build my city the game ends and I have an embarrassing defeat. What do I need to download to fix this?

michapr77, what version of the balancer are you trying to play?

As far as I know, the city limit is hard-coded.

I have the Civ III complete and tried playing the balancer mod.....however when I build my city the game ends and I have an embarrassing defeat. What do I need to download to fix this?

IM just curious michapr77 I see you have CivComplete/conquest so why arn't you playin the latest release Balancer Reloaded. Is it cuz you saw the Balancer mod in your Civcontent files? Thats how I found Kingpins's TBX-R mod an this place aswell.

Have you seen the link in Kingpin's Siggy? Its completly finished with more everything but less bugs along with better pedia. That mod in your hands is not finished in many areas. Though still better then many of its day, its no Reloaded thats a promise

Unless you have already played Reloaded and are looking for something along the same lines, I highly recommend you give it a try. No lie, its actually one of the best out there. True to the original rules, making it an X Pak approach to the massive expansion, you will play this one and truly appreciate the wotk thjats gone into it

Goodluck
T.A

Top Bottom