R.E.D. modpack

I saw a previous post regarding the Industrial era infantry that have the skins as spearmen, and I am also having the same issue. However, it isn't just limited to Industrial era infantry. My battleships also have the skins of spearment (o.O). The infantry I can deal with...but my battleships?! lol it's quite annoying.

Currently playing as the Japanese, obv in the Industrial era. As a list of possible mods that maybe causing the issues, if such a compatability issue exists between them, I am running the "Dive bomber, Surcouf, and I-400 Submarine skin mod, along with the King Tiger addon. Also I am currently running v7 of the R.E.D. modpack, not the new updated one. I didn't feel like starting a whole new game..as I am doing well on the one I'm in.

I do have a save game if you'd like to see it, although I don't seem to be able to find it here...it's not in the steam/civ5 folder, or the user/civ5 saved folders (o.O). I'd gladly attach it if I could find it...lol...

Edit: Also, Japanese Tank units are showing up skinned as Spearmen as well.

Nevermind, found it...sorry I'm freakin blind..it was right in my face. Attached the saved game. If your going to load it up, you'll need to know what mods im running, I can post the list. Thanks.

Attachments

• Oda Nobunaga_0872 AD-1853.Civ5Save
    1.7 MB · Views: 215
I was wondering if anyone could post some screen shots of what the new modern infantry looks like in this mod

I too am having this spearmen skin problem. Through a process of elimination (disabling one mod, and then starting a new game), I have found this mod to be the culprit :p
So far I have only built tanks and infantry (upgraded, rather) and as such am only experiencing their issue. Hearing that battleships have it too has prompted me to start a new game. I will try a re-install of the mod, if it fixes the issue, ill post a response.
Btw I was England
Here is the save file:

Attachments

• England.Civ5Save
    1.1 MB · Views: 190
Gedemon,

I've made a Single Unit Graphics mod. At the least, I will be making it compatible with the ethnic units provided by R.E.D. Obviously, it is the opposite of your mod in many ways, as the formations and rescales no longer make sense (though I'm toying with the extent to which I want semi-realistic fScales based on yours), but now it lets you really see the unique units.

Of course, as any mod that replaces the unit ArtDefines, it will need to be loaded last. So it'd be much easier to just include the R.E.D. resources, and I'd like your permission to do so. I'll leave your readme and spreadsheet crediting the artists/art importers.

Thanks!

no need to ask, you can use any parts of my mods as long as you keep/give credits for those parts.

I'm currently using Grave's History in the Making 2 overhaul mod, which is awesome...but I would also like to use this RED Modpack with it because I really like the way flavourful skins, in addition to the greater troop numbers and resizing. Only problem is both of these mods use the Civ5ArtDefines_Units.xml and Civ5ArtDefines_UnitMembers.xml files, which obviously causes conflicts (which I experienced myself, a lot of weird stuff happens with both mods enabled).

I just wanted to know if there was an easy way for me to merge both of these mods myself. I know how to basically edit xml files but I'm sure there is more to it than just that. Would this be too complex?

afaik, HISTORY IN THE MAKING II add only the marines unit, you can copy the corresponding code from the HiTM2 Civ5ArtDefines_UnitMembers.xml and Civ5ArtDefines_Units.xml files to the end of the RED's same files.

While you're at it, change fScale to 0.9 and MemberCount to 16 or 18 for the Marines.

Rename the two HiTM2 files to something else (I use to append a "_" like "Civ5ArtDefines_UnitMembers_.xml" to the files I want to disabled when testing my mods), et voilà, should be enough, try to enable both mod and launch a new game...

Don't forget to rename back the files from HiTM2 if you want to use it again without R.E.D.

Cool, I assume this will work for any mods that add new units?

Gedemon - I can't find your mod in the browser, specifically I can't find the latest version: The only mod that comes up is R.E.D Modpack v4 updated on the 29th of the 9th 2010. Is there a problem here?

I will try and start a game with Spain or Inca to see if it's just displaying the mod wrongly in the browser and it actually is v7.

Also, any chance of Polynesia being added? :p

Cool, I assume this will work for any mods that add new units?
It should, but for mod modifiying the units stat, you may have to make sure that R.E.D. is loaded last.

Sadly that doesn't work. All units lose their graphics when I try this.
I'll try to add this compatibility for next version.

Gedemon - I can't find your mod in the browser, specifically I can't find the latest version: The only mod that comes up is R.E.D Modpack v4 updated on the 29th of the 9th 2010. Is there a problem here?

I will try and start a game with Spain or Inca to see if it's just displaying the mod wrongly in the browser and it actually is v7.

Also, any chance of Polynesia being added? :p
Oups, I've deleted the download link in the first post during the last update... the mod is in the file database here : http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=15434

I've stopped using the in game browser when there was reports that only a limited number of upload (ie update...) could be made for a specific account...

I don't have the Polynesia DLC, but I can add it if I can get the content of the art defines xml files for the new unit(s).

I don't have the Polynesia DLC, but I can add it if I can get the content of the art defines xml files for the new unit(s).

Here's Civ5ArtDefines_Polynesia_UnitMembers.xml and Civ5ArtDefines_Polynesia_Units.xml.

Attachments

• DLC_03 Units.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 155
I'll try to add this compatibility for next version.

Man, if you could do this you would become my favourite person ever. I know it would take some effort, and a lot of liasing with Grave of HitM2, but I think you would make a lot of people happy.

Still, if it turns out to be a no go I'm sure I could make it work in the end. I am a CompSci student after all, it would be good practice for me lol. :mischief:

Here's Civ5ArtDefines_Polynesia_UnitMembers.xml and Civ5ArtDefines_Polynesia_Units.xml.
thank you, working on next version right now :goodjob:

no ETA, I'll like to add some of the new units done since last update (WW2 planes, german, french, english knights)

Man, if you could do this you would become my favourite person ever. I know it would take some effort, and a lot of liasing with Grave of HitM2, but I think you would make a lot of people happy.

Still, if it turns out to be a no go I'm sure I could make it work in the end. I am a CompSci student after all, it would be good practice for me lol. :mischief:

the method I've mentioned above seems to work on my dev version,I'll include it in next release anyway, I hope it will work for you too.

My battleships also have the skins of spearment (o.O). The infantry I can deal with...but my battleships?! lol it's quite annoying.

mmmmm.... Spearmint.... :yumyum: :D

I saw a previous post regarding the Industrial era infantry that have the skins as spearmen, and I am also having the same issue. However, it isn't just limited to Industrial era infantry. My battleships also have the skins of spearment (o.O). The infantry I can deal with...but my battleships?! lol it's quite annoying.

Currently playing as the Japanese, obv in the Industrial era. As a list of possible mods that maybe causing the issues, if such a compatability issue exists between them, I am running the "Dive bomber, Surcouf, and I-400 Submarine skin mod, along with the King Tiger addon. Also I am currently running v7 of the R.E.D. modpack, not the new updated one. I didn't feel like starting a whole new game..as I am doing well on the one I'm in.

I do have a save game if you'd like to see it, although I don't seem to be able to find it here...it's not in the steam/civ5 folder, or the user/civ5 saved folders (o.O). I'd gladly attach it if I could find it...lol...

Edit: Also, Japanese Tank units are showing up skinned as Spearmen as well.

sorry for the late reply, but yes, there is an incompatibility between mods using Civ5ArtDefines_UnitMembers.xml and Civ5ArtDefines_Units.xml files.

mods adding new units will use this files and won't be compatible with each others unless those file are merged.

I try to keep compatibility with some mods (City State Diplomacy Mod for example) by defining their units in my files, but that's not a perfect solution, and there won't be one until we could fake a DLC or until Firaxis give us the same ability in modding than they have with their DLC...

new version uploaded and available in the download section !

here's the changelog for v0.9 (Apr 17, 2011):

- compatibility : fix size for Housecarl and Highlander.
- include rescale for Polynesia DLC
- compatibility : define arts for Marines conversion as used in Hitm2.
- tweak : modern armor T90 now also used by India
- added 22 ethnic units :
--- modern armor T55 for Mongol, Siam (as Type69), China (as Type69)
--- modern armor T55 Desert version for Arabia, Babylone, Persia, Egypt
--- tank Sherman (civ4 default tank) for Iroquois, Aztec, Inca
--- fighter spitfire (civ4 default fighter) for India, Siam, Ottoman
--- fighter bf-109 for Spain
--- fighter Dewotine D.520 for France
--- fighter LaGG3 for Egypt
--- fighter P-40N for china
--- fighter Spitfire for Greece
--- knight reskin for Germany, England and France
--- bomber Amiot 350 for France
--- bomber B-24 for Egypt
--- bomber B-25 for China
--- bomber Blenheim for Greece
--- bomber G4M3 for Japan
--- bomber He111 for Germany
--- bomber Ju-88 for Spain
--- bomber Pe-2 for Russia
--- bomber SM.84 for Rome
--- bomber Wellington for england
- updated 6 ethnic units :
--- updated version of fighter P-51 for USA
--- tank IS-2 replaced by KV-1 for Russia
--- american, english, japanese and russian infantries replaced with danrell version

oups ! :blush:

v0.9.1 (Apr 17, 2011):
- bugfix : Bf-109 Spain is for Spain, not France.

Top Bottom