Hulfgar's Modpacks - Industrial and Complete Edition

hello Samusxteen,

"not compatible with G&K" means not compatible if you have only G&K.

BNW (Brave New World) introduced some Lua functions that are not available in the G&K code and the mod needs them to run.

Some parts of the mod require feature from Gods and Kings (the airship for example).
If you have only Brave New World the mod will miss this features and either crash or make strange things like a broken tech tree.
This is why if you have only BNW and not G&K and BNW you need to disable the parts of the mod that require stuff from G&K.

So to make it short :

You can't play the mod if you have only Gods and Kings
You can't play the mod if you have only vanilla Civ5

You can play the mod if you have BNW and not G&K but in this case you have to disable some files (as listed in the 1st. post and readme file). The same is true if you don't have some DLCs.

If you have BNW, G&K and all the DLCs you can enjoy the mod without restrictions.

I will check my icon files on my side, just to be sure :)

I started a new game and when I got to submarines the issue was resolved because I disabled Thal's mod.

Some other bugs:

-Also like previously mentioned, when you discover a luxury resource when mining a bare hill your citizens and city states don't recognize it. You still get the production benefits but not the happiness.

-Another weird bug, I don't know if it is your mod or not, is when I am at war with a civilization and a neutral third-party civilization has a worker or settler stationed in a city that I am trying to take. If I try to take it, it will force me to declare war on the neutral civilization so I have to hold back so I don't start another war. Even when I get the neutral country to declare war on my side, the unit will still remain in the city unless an enemy unit moves in. Is it not supposed to automatically teleport to friendly territory when things like this happen?

-It seems in some games I can update my coastal batteries to coastal artillery but in others I have to tear it down and build the modern replacement.

Hello Scott,

when you discover a luxury resource when mining a bare hill your citizens and city states don't recognize it. You still get the production benefits but not the happiness.

I noticed the same thing in my current game. It's probably because the resource is spawned after the mine is build. I see only one solution for now :
when the mine is build remove it and put a new mine on the resource.
Of course you don't have to do it : I will change my code to do it automatically.

Is it not supposed to automatically teleport to friendly territory when things like this happen?
yes it should teleport automatically. I will try to test it with IGE but I really don't think that it comes from my mod : I have not touched the "zone of control" or diplomatic mechanics in the mod.

-It seems in some games I can update my coastal batteries to coastal artillery but in others I have to tear it down and build the modern replacement.
Strange.
As it is you can upgrade the coastal battery before you have the tech because the upgrade possibility is unlocked when you reach the era.
If you have a savegame with this I'd like to have a look into it.

Hello fellow Civ5 players,

the Industrial Edition has been updated to version 20 :

Units/Gameplay
- Maori Warrior moved to Tech Bronze Working, stats updated to match the Bronze Age Warrior
- Early Warrior moved to technologie Early Tools accordingly to the description for this Tech.
- Removed the resource requirements for the Airfields
- Set the Barracks as prereq for the Arsenal.

Bug correction :
- Correction in the Watchtower code
- Correction in the Airfield code

Unit skins :
- Carabinier Guard from Zwei833 added as ethnic Cavalry for Rome
- Vanilla Musketman skin used for the Arquebusier
- Former Arquebusier skin used as Musketman skin (Original Civ 4 unit by Gagonite, conversion by Wolfdog).
- Zulu scout uses the Sahul scout skin from Zwei833, Deliverator and RI mod team
- Zulu Warrior uses the Sahul warrior skin from Zwei833, Deliverator and RI mod team
- Added JTitan's skins for Songhai's units
- Native Rifleman from Deliverator used as Arquebusier for Shoshone and Iroquois

Ethnic units for New Zealand :
Bomber : Avro Lancaster
Fast Bomber : Westland Whirlwind
Divebomber : Hawker Tempest
Fighter : Hawker Hurricane MKII
Battleship : Admiral Class BB
Submarine : U Class U-Boot
Carrier :Illustrious
Helicopter : Blackhawk, conversion from Nomad or What
Scout, Onmy6's reskin of Zwei833 Indian Scout
Line Infantry : Deliverator's bandeirante with a reskinned flag
Zwei833's Malay Armored Cavalry
Zwei833's Oceanic Warrior
Zwei833's Gothic Knight
Musketmen : Katipunero
Swordsmen : Zwei833's Poleaxe free company
Longswordsmen : Zwei833's Gallowglass

Not compatible with savegames from version 19 or earlier.

The file linked for download is the self-installer made by Onmy6. It includes the main mod and the required sub-mod (Hulfgars Modpack ArtFiles v15)

This is an important update : the bug in the airfield code could lead to CTD.

Another update will follow for the Complete Edition.

I wish you all a great summer time.

Complete Edition updated to version 14 :

Removed some technology prereqs to lower the loading times (down to 4 minutes for me).

Bug correction :
- Set the Barracks as prereq for the Arsenal.
- Correction in the Watchtower code
- Correction in the Airfield code
- Removed the cargo promotion from the CS cuisers

Units :
- Surcouf and I-400 submarines upgrade to Nuclear Submarine
- Atomic Bomb upgrade to Nuclear Missile
- Missile upgrade to Guided Missile and becomes obsolete with Advanced Ballistics
- Helicopter upgrade to helicopter Gunship, obsolete with Tech Lasers

Gameplay :
- Removed the luxury resources from the mining script

Unit skins :
- Carabinier Guard from Zwei833 added as ethnic Cavalry for Rome
- Vanilla Musketman skin used for the Arquebusier
- Former Arquebusier skin used as Musketman skin (Original Civ 4 unit by Gagonite, conversion by Wolfdog).
- Zulu scout uses the Sahul scout skin from Zwei833, Deliverator and RI mod team
- Zulu Warrior uses the Sahul warrior skin from Zwei833, Deliverator and RI mod team
- Added JTitan's skins for Songhai's units
- Native Rifleman from Deliverator used as Arquebusier for Shoshone and Iroquois

Ethnic units for New Zealand :

Bomber : Avro Lancaster
Fast Bomber : Westland Whirlwind
Divebomber : Hawker Tempest
Fighter : Hawker Hurricane MKII
Battleship : Admiral Class BB
Submarine : U Class U-Boot
Carrier :Illustrious
Helicopter : Blackhawk, conversion from Nomad or What
Scout, Onmy6's reskin of Zwei833 Indian Scout
Line Infantry : Deliverator's bandeirante with a reskinned flag
Zwei833's Malay Armored Cavalry
Zwei833's Oceanic Warrior
Zwei833's Gothic Knight
Musketmen : Katipunero
Swordsmen : Zwei833's Poleaxe free company
Longswordsmen : Zwei833's Gallowglass

Not compatible with savegames from version 13 or earlier.

The file linked for download is the self-installer made by Onmy6. It includes the main mod and the required sub-mods (Hulfgars Modpack ArtFiles v15 and Hulfgars Modpack ArtFiles Modern v10)

IE v20 sounds good

Playing...
I believe New Zeland need some arts unless it is a bug?
Magellan Expedition Wonder can be built only if exploration policie is opened. It's fair but it's not mentionned anywhere

Thx anyway for these amazing mods IE and CE always in progress.
Playing marathon, I love the clever and abondante diversity of units

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0008.jpg
    Civ5Screen0008.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 124
Hello Asterix,

I believe New Zeland need some arts unless it is a bug?
yes it's a bug, trying to correct it right now.

Thanks for reporting and thanks for your support :)

Correction for the Industrial Edition :

Version 20.1

Changes :

Correction in the Magellan HELP txt
Removed the Luxury resources from the mining script.
Correction with the NZ learderscreen, it should now display correctly.
Note : NZ Leaderscreen is the same as Brazil, it's not a bug.

To apply the changes :
Remove the folder "Hulfgars Modpack IE (v 20)" in C:\Users\...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS
and drop the file Hulfgars Modpack IE 20.1 (v 20).civ5mod in C:\Users\...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS
It will compatible with saves from v20

Correction for the MP Modpack

Hello again Asterix,

just delete the sub folder "Improvement - Farm Replacement" in C:\Users\...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Hulfgars Modpack IE 20.1 (v 20)\Merged Mods

There's 2 reasons for this :
- Long ago there was a deadly bug in the Firaxis Farm texture : when a worker changed the farm for something else the game would CTD.
It took months for modders to find what triggered this CTD and more months for Firaxis to patch their farm!
Until Firaxis made the patch the only solution was to use the plantation skins as farm replacement.
Of course there is no more reason for this except that :

- some players prefer the plantation skins as farm texture to have more diversity.
So I kept it but you can disable it without remorse :)

Hello Sire Stroud,

yes you need all DLC :

If you don't have Gods and Kings :
* Go in C:\...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Hulfgars Modpack...\DLCs
* Delete the files GodsandKings_XXXXXXXX.xml

If you don't have one of the following Civ/DLC :
Aztecs, Babylon, Denmark, Korea, Mongol, Polynesia, Spain/Inca
* Go in C:\...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Hulfgars Modpack...\DLCs
* Delete the files (sql and xml) related to the Civ/DLC that you don't have.

Sorry I though I had posted this warning in the 1st. post and readme file.

If you still have the error message can you post exactly what they are?

Panama Canal WW and Wall Street NW need Commerce policie openned
It's fair but it's not said anywhere

I understand when the modding job is done, it seems useless (and boring) to update the cyclopedia
From the point of view of a player no modder at all, it brings misunderstanding and great features look messy

On the "Culture Overview/Swap Great Works" screen, two Artifacts are available.
They look to be Ancient Artifacts But they are from stone age actually.
When swapped, the real area is applied.

All you need to reproduce the situation is attached below.

Attachments

• maskEthiopa00.jpg
    maskEthiopa00.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 134
  • maskEthiopa01.jpg
    maskEthiopa01.jpg
    364.5 KB · Views: 139
  • maskEthiopa02.jpg
    maskEthiopa02.jpg
    396.5 KB · Views: 123
  • Casimir_0798 artifact.7z
    1.9 MB · Views: 119
Hello Asterix,

Cyclopedia : thanks for the report I will update the txt for the WW accordingly.

I understand when the modding job is done, it seems useless (and boring) to update the cyclopedia
The modding job is done when all bugs are killed and everything is polished. I though I had updated all WW help texts but as it seems it's not the case :undecide:

Banditry : it comes from the barbarian immersion mod that is merged in my mod.

Artifact : Thanks for the save I will test it. I don't see what could trigger this : I've not touched the artifacts in the mod.

Top Bottom