Civ IV Diplomacy Features Mod

I like this idea, but it does not seem to be working correctly. ALL AI civs tell me they want to purchase a tech from me, but are only willing to have me gift it to them.

I really have looked through the forum, but I can't find an answer to what seems like a pretty straightforward question, so I'll apologize ahead of time. That stated: does the BNW version support Gods and Kings as well (as in, both together)?

I really have looked through the forum, but I can't find an answer to what seems like a pretty straightforward question, so I'll apologize ahead of time. That stated: does the BNW version support Gods and Kings as well (as in, both together)?

Absolutely yes.

Hi Putmalk, great mod btw, 2 things: can you add this talk to human players? (see image) I see you already working on this
Spoiler :
and can you make vassal to a city-state?, as an option after conquer the city or if this is under attack from another civilization

As a bonus track Marrige, like a female leader with a male leader after (I dont know) fulfill two consecutive protection pact they can get marriage and play as a team, and IA also can do this

This mod is totally awesome! In the interest of furthering its awesomeness, here are some of my experiences thus far -

1) the comment about excessive gifts from DoF AI.....yeah. I'm seeing quite a bit of this. It is lovely to receive, true, and I treat my DoF partners well, but it makes it fear almost like a cheat. The concept, most of it, is great, it just needs to be dialed back a bit.....unless I'm not understanding why they are giving me so many gifts.

2) I don't know how you fixed the "I want a gift, and I'm going to ask for an outrageous amount just because you happen to have it right now" behavior the AI would show before. Now, when they ask for a gift, it is a reasonable one, including taking the size of the civs and time period into account.

3) the concern that City States don't ask for you to make Great Artists and so forth....no worries. I've played an Epic game on King through to 1940 AD, and City States have asked for every sort of Great Person in the game, including the ones added by BNW.

4) How does one give a gift to another Civ and make it clear that it is a gift and not that you're just a doofus?

5) When a gift is being requested, is it possible to add an option of "give me a turn and then I'll give it to you"? Sometimes I don't know if I can spare what is being requested or not.

6) Map trading seems a bit disruptive to the game, but I wouldn't want to not be able to do it. Is there anyway to have map trading act like the maps you find in goody huts, where only a section of the world is revealed? I'm not sure it would be possible or not, since the area to be revealed would have to be based on somewhere the requester doesn't know and somewhere the provider does. If it can't be done, then never mind, but I figured I'd throw it out there.

Sorry for such a long post, but I wanted to give you some feedback on such a wonderful creation. Thank you again for making it!

Putmalk, do you plan to add creation of vassal (colonies in Civ 4) ?

We need more options to manage vassals, for example they may not be able to be friend with another civ if we are not :)

I saw your comment on steam workshop about releasing a beta. You'll probably find more people to beta test here as opposed to the steam workshop where there is a higher noise to signal ratio.

I think my version is bugged. In the discussion tab there is 8 of the same responses, one response that says "lets discuss another leader" declares war on the Civ you are talking to, The option to be friends with Civ crashes when i click it. When i go to trade menu and hit technologies, nothing shows up. There is also an option for capitalation (I'm not sure what that is). I also don't really know what a vassalage is, and how do you get one/become one. If anyone can help i would be very appreciative.

In 8.04, i (Player 2) can trade "votes" without Spy..

Interesting...I'll check my logic.

This bug is still there in v.9, and we can not trade votes,
without Spy with Vassals.

And a new Bug is,

I (Player 2) can not release my Vassal (the condition is satisfied),
but i can release the Vassal of my Wife (Player 1).

For Player 1, works it fine.

I have this downloaded and see it physically amongst the mods, well the file anyway and not the folder setup other mods have, and I am just wondering why CIV V isn't extracting this and making it usable... Can anyone help?

Top Bottom