Smart AI mod released!! Discussion on the mod

I have been using this mod, but have not played so much lately. However, I am going to be testing my mod. I'll jot down a few notes about what the AI does. Maybe it will help fix issues that may be present.

Hi, Ninakoru, is the work on this mod still being done as described in December? I just got back to Civ and I long for some sweet, sweet AI fixes.

New player here. Looking for smarter AI, I ll try your mod, Ninakoru. Thanks for your time.

I should consider multi, but Civ is too slow pace imho. So, sticking to solo game, even if civs are completely dumb.

This mod isn't being updated. Both Artificial Unintelligence and the Community Balance Patch include the working aspects of this mod and more (though the scope of the latter is much wider, and changes the game significantly).

People should really read more carefully before seeding misleading information. Community Patch has working aspect of this mod not CBP ( Community Balance Patch).CP is just AI improvements and bugfix mod and doesn't mess with balance or game play mechanics.

Hi there - I don't understand how to install this mod? I put it in the mods folder, but nothing is happening...

The Smart AI mod by Ninaroku is outdated. The Community Patch (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=528034) contains all functional elements of the Smart AI mod, as well as many more AI fixes.

The Community Patch contains no gameplay changes other than bugfixes and AI improvements.

G

Gazebo: So the equivalent of "AI - Smart" is enabled in CP Core by default?

Yeah. Whatever elements of Ninaroku's original mod were worth salvaging have been salvaged and are enabled by default in the CP. Keep in mind that 90+% of the Smart AI changes are deprecated due to improvements in the CP over Ninaroku's base changes. In other words, Ninaroku's legacy lives on (and I'm grateful for his early efforts!), but the changes in Smart AI have been vastly superseded by the CP.

G

Yeah. Whatever elements of Ninaroku's original mod were worth salvaging have been salvaged and are enabled by default in the CP. Keep in mind that 90+% of the Smart AI changes are deprecated due to improvements in the CP over Ninaroku's base changes. In other words, Ninaroku's legacy lives on (and I'm grateful for his early efforts!), but the changes in Smart AI have been vastly superseded by the CP.

G
Is there a separate mod from CP which would include the AI things and allow it to work on Linux? How complicated that would be to do? I'm using Smart AI at the moment because it works over here. I'd like upgrades to AI if possible though.

Is there a separate mod from CP which would include the AI things and allow it to work on Linux? How complicated that would be to do? I'm using Smart AI at the moment because it works over here. I'd like upgrades to AI if possible though.

Without a DLL, you aren't actually getting anything out of the Smart AI. I'd recommend using WINE or thereabouts to emulate the .exe from windows.

G

The Smart AI mod by Ninaroku is outdated. The Community Patch (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=528034) contains all functional elements of the Smart AI mod, as well as many more AI fixes.

The Community Patch contains no gameplay changes other than bugfixes and AI improvements.

G

There is no alternative other than The Community Patch in-order to obtain a smart AI mod? CP sounds very nice, but there are some mods I play with that aren't compatible with CP and I do not wish to play without those mods!

Thanks..

There is no alternative other than The Community Patch in-order to obtain a smart AI mod? CP sounds very nice, but there are some mods I play with that aren't compatible with CP and I do not wish to play without those mods!

Thanks..

Almost all non-DLL mods are compatible with the CP.

The Community Patch is just a modified dll and changes very few aspects of the game. You don't need the Community "Balance" Patch which more and more becomes a total conversion and is more likely to be incompatible with other mods if all you want is the smart AI part (gazebo no offense if i put balance under " but i think you have moved way further than simply balancing which can be good or not depending on personal preferences). CBP needs the CP, but CP can be used without CBP.

That being said, there is an alternative : Acken's mod. It's still a WIP but if you want an AI that puts a real fight, you might find it with this mod. It does also change a few aspects of the game such as social policies or beliefs but keeps much closer to the original game than CBP)

The Community Patch is just a modified dll and changes very few aspects of the game. You don't need the Community "Balance" Patch which more and more becomes a total conversion and is more likely to be incompatible with other mods if all you want is the smart AI part (gazebo no offense if i put balance under " but i think you have moved way further than simply balancing which can be good or not depending on personal preferences). CBP needs the CP, but CP can be used without CBP.

That being said, there is an alternative : Acken's mod. It's still a WIP but if you want an AI that puts a real fight, you might find it with this mod. It does also change a few aspects of the game such as social policies or beliefs but keeps much closer to the original game than CBP)

The NQMod (or whatever it is called) is largely for player versus player, not the AI versus players. The CBP is a balance mod- adding features to the game doesn't change the fact that balance is still its primary concern.

G

Acken's mod is not NQMod. Acken even stated that multilayer is not a consideration (unlike CBP which tries to keep things balanced for MP) and thus he does not even intent to balance OP civilizations thought he might changes civs that he finds "not interesting"

Anyway, i think it depends what one is looking for :
  • Minimal changes to the game. Mostly better AI code, smarter moves (ranged can move and shoot). Then the CP (and not CBP) is what you are looking for.
  • Small changes to the game (improving weak social policies, melee/gun line of units more useful), better more competitive AI (both in code and priorities), but also much more emphasis on wars and conquest. Acken's mod is for you.
  • Lots of changes that make you feel like you are playing Civ6 (maybe). Then look at CBP.
  • Don't want a dll mod but still want a better AI. Look for some mods that only change AI priorities or bonuses such as Artificial Unintellignece Lite (the full version have dll) but don't hope to see great improvements, at best it will have more units and tech faster but still can't use it's units.

Acken's mod is not NQMod. Acken even stated that multilayer is not a consideration (unlike CBP which tries to keep things balanced for MP) and thus he does not even intent to balance OP civilizations thought he might changes civs that he finds "not interesting"

Anyway, i think it depends what one is looking for :
  • Minimal changes to the game. Mostly better AI code, smarter moves (ranged can move and shoot). Then the CP (and not CBP) is what you are looking for.
  • Small changes to the game (improving weak social policies, melee/gun line of units more useful), better more competitive AI (both in code and priorities), but also much more emphasis on wars and conquest. Acken's mod is for you.
  • Lots of changes that make you feel like you are playing Civ6 (maybe). Then look at CBP.
  • Don't want a dll mod but still want a better AI. Look for some mods that only change AI priorities or bonuses such as Artificial Unintellignece Lite (the full version have dll) but don't hope to see great improvements, at best it will have more units and tech faster but still can't use it's units.

I had Acken and NQ mixed up. Not sure I've seen or heard of Acken's.
G

Top Bottom