Anno Domini Rise of Cities edition

Anno Domini: Rise of Cities edition (latest version dated November 9th 2016) 27

@AsterixRage: is it possible for you to post your logs

I started a new game !

Fortunately I made a backup of \ModdedSaves before. So I reproduced all the process from T540 to get CTD. And guess what? no CTD!

Trying deeply, I noticed CTD occur just after I open the decision screen to pick a GP. CTD with GS and GE, no CTD with GG
Maybe that's a clue to help...

Now, in many cases, savegame was corrupted (CTD at loading) Even before openning the decision screen.

Before you ask, I obviously del \cache\*.* after each CTD

Below the logs files after all these CTD and one of savegame i can't load

Attachments

• Logs.7z
    2.7 KB · Views: 65
  • Aeetes_0545CTD_when_loaded.7z
    1.6 MB · Views: 40
Those database logs are actually cleaner than mine with that version, so not sure why that could be!

I also noticed this in the net message debug file: [2832.946] DBG: Civilization 5: App Version: 403694 FINAL_RELEASE, GameCore: {83F34FF0-3D60-43E7-AEDB-82C79867EE3F}

App version?

Those database logs are actually cleaner than mine with that version, so not sure why that could be!

I also noticed this in the net message debug file: [2832.946] DBG: Civilization 5: App Version: 403694 FINAL_RELEASE, GameCore: {83F34FF0-3D60-43E7-AEDB-82C79867EE3F}

App version?

App version? What do you mean?

App version? What do you mean?

I was actually asking you as it said "Civilization 5: App Version" in the net message debug file and wondered if you could shed any light on it, but have since realised that it says the same thing in my logs, so never mind!

Your logs all have less than mine in them, so I don't know why that would be. They seem incomplete.

After spending hours and hours yesterday and today, I've built the base files of the mod up from scratch. In the main, it's been successful; I've integrated the "Cities in Development" files into the base game and added "Rise to Power" elements as well. However, there's two tiny flaws that's really irritating me and I can't figure them out. Firstly, the civilopedia pages show like the one below (as per a previous post); also, Greatest Cities allows me to build the National Epic from the word go, so I'm guessing it's evaluating the Greatest City at the beginning of the first era instead of starting this at the beginning of era two and so on. Could someone PLEASE have a look? The database logs are free of clutter and I've only included one civilization pack in the download to make it a quicker download (and to ensure the logs are free of clutter!)

Spoiler :

Whilst I've not been able to find the issues, I'm not the greatest at lua and I'm sure it's either a file that needs to be imported into VFS or two of the same lua that need to be merged. Basically, I think that anyone who knows their stuff will have it figured out in no time - but I just don't know my stuff as far as lua programming is concerned.

Incidentally, it's now called "Anno Domini: Rise of Cities edition" as it has elements of JFD's "Cities in Development" and "Rise to Power" embedded in it.

Anno Domini: Rise of Cities

If these two elements can be fixed, then I'll be looking to make further additions - mainly new civs and update the website with a planned release sometime next weekend.

This one appears to be an actual bug with the mod.

The top left item in the Piety tree gives no tooltip. I'd tell you which one it is by name, but I can't see that.

And a second bug: If you're playing Chandra Gupta, the instant yield notification (from building a science building in the capital) pops up two errors and appears as a solid red box, perhaps missing the graphic. The game seems to play okay if you can handle the popup errors though.

Here's pictures of where both of those appeared: http://i.imgur.com/qxW3wFJ.jpg http://i.imgur.com/GIEaNU4.png

In general I'm really liking this mod! I played a lot of the last version and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes from here.

@Prismatic: Have you got all the DLC for Civ V? The Gupta UA is "borrowed" from the Korea DLC, so it could be if you've not got that, it's causing the issue.

Thanks to the help of LeeS, I've sorted out the graphics glitch with the civilopedia. I now need to sort out the issue with "Greatest cities" and also fix some other bits with individual civilizations I've come across. Then, I'll be adding more civilizations and be ready for uploading, with any luck Saturday evening (August 6th) :).

@Prismatic: Have you got all the DLC for Civ V? The Gupta UA is "borrowed" from the Korea DLC, so it could be if you've not got that, it's causing the issue.

I have all the DLC and have never seen this problem before. (I'm not sure that popup exists in unmodded Civ5; the first time I remember seeing it was with the community patch, though Korea has always had that bonus - it just didn't tell you the exact number. Or maybe I'm misremembering? But either way, I've played Korea and never seen the error.)

I made a quick game to get the exact errors. They are (top, then bottom):

http://i.imgur.com/qbG0Uf6.png

Pushing OK on both of these lets the game run normally, though with the red box Empire-Wide Bonus Yields icon. You can try verifying it by starting a Gupta game and building the Chief's Hut, which is what I did. The bonus seems to be applied correctly - it's just missing the icon texture for whatever reason.

Thanks to the help of LeeS, I've sorted out the graphics glitch with the civilopedia. I now need to sort out the issue with "Greatest cities" and also fix some other bits with individual civilizations I've come across. Then, I'll be adding more civilizations and be ready for uploading, with any luck Saturday evening (August 6th) :).

I have the exact same issue with the "100 gold when expending great person" bonus from the mausoleum wonder, I get 2 pop ups for missing textures and the icon shows a red square. I also have all DLC and no other mods.

I found another... bug? Maybe? Maybe it's intended. No screenshots this time.

Barbarian units are escaping combat. I try to melee attack them and fairly often (unless they're fortified on their encampment) they just slide over one tile as I move into their now-empty space. I thought that was a promotion for limited units, but they're all doing it - the starting melee unit, the archer, even their chariots.

It's getting really annoying to chase them down! Is this intended, and if so how do I stop them from doing this short of only ever using ranged units to kill them?

I found another... bug? Maybe? Maybe it's intended. No screenshots this time.

Barbarian units are escaping combat. I try to melee attack them and fairly often (unless they're fortified on their encampment) they just slide over one tile as I move into their now-empty space. I thought that was a promotion for limited units, but they're all doing it - the starting melee unit, the archer, even their chariots.

It's getting really annoying to chase them down! Is this intended, and if so how do I stop them from doing this short of only ever using ranged units to kill them?

I noticed this happening too, does it only happen when you right click from 2 tiles away or does it happen when you're right next to them? For me it only happens if I attack with melee where the unit has to move before attacking.

I noticed this happening too, does it only happen when you right click from 2 tiles away or does it happen when you're right next to them? For me it only happens if I attack with melee where the unit has to move before attacking.

I honestly don't remember. I think it's both, but I'm not entirely sure.

I honestly don't remember. I think it's both, but I'm not entirely sure.

Yeah, I've had it happen but don't remember if I moved before attacking either. I've also had it happen late game with one ship attacking an enemy (not barbarian) one.

Hello!
i recently discovered the new version 25 of anno domini and i was very exited about it! congrats on the hard work!
I dl the patch and done the right steps but, when i enter the game with steam and try to select the minimum three options: anno domini, art files and one of the faction, i cannot. It shows that ”mod is missing required dependecies” so i am left with the first two options selected and none of the factions.
if u have any ideas i would be grateful!

What you have to do is click on any highlighted options so that no mods are picked at all; then you select the base files first, followed by the art files and then the cities in development pack. After this, choose one or more of the civilization files.

Is there a way to combine this mod with the mods:

"Renaissance Era Revised"
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=603182475

"Enlightenment Era"
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=544452801

"Tech tree end in Enlightenment"
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=565518444

I haven't seen this asked yet. Ive tried making it work on my own but I cannot seem to get it to work. Being able to transition from your mod with its detailed tech tree and unique civs into later eras without ever going into a modern era would be amazing if made possible. Thanks

Top Bottom