Future Worlds

Okay, so I've finally uploaded version 2 of the mod!
Sweet! :) I was just about to start a new game, good thing I checked here first!

:( Most of the descriptions of buildings, wonders, units etc.. is still "TEXT_KEY.." At least for me. The problem could be easily on my end though! But since some text is displayed correctly(certainly more than in v1) I'm not so sure.. well anyway whatever the case, it's still really really cool mod, and when there is a problem there will be a solution! :)

Sweet! :) I was just about to start a new game, good thing I checked here first!

:( Most of the descriptions of buildings, wonders, units etc.. is still "TEXT_KEY.." At least for me. The problem could be easily on my end though! But since some text is displayed correctly(certainly more than in v1) I'm not so sure.. well anyway whatever the case, it's still really really cool mod, and when there is a problem there will be a solution! :)

I just went through the civilopedia and found a number of unit and buildings with missing civilopedia entries, as well as the Nanomaterials resource and the Implants tech is missing its tech quote. But the other entries seem to be present, so if there's more missing then there may be a mod conflict with something else. In the meantime, I'll fix up the missing entries. :3

Even first version was the best future tech mod, but it wasn't compatible with other mods, so I played on Beyond the Future :sad:

But this!!!! This is perfect!

I must try this on one city strategy... :crazyeye:

Well, it's likely not going to be compatible with other mods that modify the modern era -- I recall JiteshShadow ran into issues with running the first version along with the GAIA mod because both modified Information Age techs. But version 2 should be compatible with mods like the Enlightenment Era and Prehistoric Era mods, which add new techs and eras, as long as it's loaded in after them.

The first version wasn't compatible even with Corporations... At list this what I think, because I play whith 25.5 other mods :cowboy:

This looks like a very nice mod, keep up the good work.

Regarding missing txt keys, here's a list of the one's I've noticed are missing in version 2:
Spoiler :
Implants - (quote)
Biodrone - (help, pedia)
Biotrooper - (help, strategy, pedia)
Drone UAV - (strategy, pedia)
Organic Infantry - (help, strategy, pedia)
Robot Infantry - (help, strategy, pedia)
VR Training Centre - (pedia)
Server Hub - (strategy, pedia)
Research Server - (pedia)
Nanomaterial Plant - (pedia)
Geofront - (pedia)
Fusion Reactor - (pedia)
Entertainment Server - (pedia)

Also, it looks like you forgot to tick Reload Landmark System in modbuddy. I don't see any graphics on the map when your new improvements are built, and when I open the modinfo file in a text editor ReloadLandmarkSystem is set to 0.

I sent you a quote for Implants, right?

You did! I recall I wasn't quite certain about using it, so I'd held off at the time, and had apparently forgotten to add it in.

The first version wasn't compatible even with Corporations... At list this what I think, because I play whith 25.5 other mods :cowboy:

Hmm... I remember playing with Corporations with older versions of the mod in the past. I don't have the newer version of Corporations, though, only one of the older versions, so that may be why.

This looks like a very nice mod, keep up the good work.

Regarding missing txt keys, here's a list of the one's I've noticed are missing in version 2:
Spoiler :
Implants - (quote)
Biodrone - (help, pedia)
Biotrooper - (help, strategy, pedia)
Drone UAV - (strategy, pedia)
Organic Infantry - (help, strategy, pedia)
Robot Infantry - (help, strategy, pedia)
VR Training Centre - (pedia)
Server Hub - (strategy, pedia)
Research Server - (pedia)
Nanomaterial Plant - (pedia)
Geofront - (pedia)
Fusion Reactor - (pedia)
Entertainment Server - (pedia)

Also, it looks like you forgot to tick Reload Landmark System in modbuddy. I don't see any graphics on the map when your new improvements are built, and when I open the modinfo file in a text editor ReloadLandmarkSystem is set to 0.

Thanks! That matches what I found when I took a look through the civilopedia. I've fixed those entries so they don't show up as TXT_KEY entries, at least, although at some point I need to write more detailed entries for the units. The ReloadLandmarkSystem also explains some of the bug reports I was getting -- I'd never encountered it myself because I always test a few mods together to save time, and those ones had the checkbox marked so they always loaded my futuristic improvements as well. Oops!

Those bugs should now be fixed -- I've updated the download with a new copy of the file.

Will this mod work with advanced air units?

I'm not entirely sure -- it should work for the most part, but since Advanced Air Units adds a few new techs, the tech tree may look rather messed up, since I rearranged several techs in the Atomic and Information Eras.

Those bugs should now be fixed -- I've updated the download with a new copy of the file.

I'm gonna try the new version, it's still v2. though, is this it? Probably! But could you name the mods that will definitely conflict (however many/few you know would be helpful:)) Cause I'd really really love to have this awesome mod working as well as possible!

I'm gonna try the new version, it's still v2. though, is this it? Probably! But could you name the mods that will definitely conflict (however many/few you know would be helpful:)) Cause I'd really really love to have this awesome mod working as well as possible!

The problem is that I haven't played with any mods that caused a conflict yet. I know that it works with the Englightenment Era because I've been playing with that, and it should work fine with the Prehistoric Era mod because of how they modify the tech tree. Beyond that, I haven't really played with any other tech-tree affecting mods, so I can't say which mods will definitely conflict with it...

Tech Human Augmentation refers to Incubation Pods in its 'pedia text, but it actually gives you Birthing Pods.

Also gonna have to quote Vega here. YESZ. YESZ.

Hey I'm new to this forum so sorry if I screw something up. I have started installing some mods for this game and in the late game tech tree I noticed a few oddities where it seemed as though 2 of the techs were missing. Below is an image displaying what I'm talking about. Is it working correctly or is there another explanation?

https://gyazo.com/bc0cb1ac1215c3ce7e68f85b79da9d38

For reference I am using Slower Science Longer Eras, Enlightenment Era, Quick Turns and this mod.

Tech Human Augmentation refers to Incubation Pods in its 'pedia text, but it actually gives you Birthing Pods.

Also gonna have to quote Vega here. YESZ. YESZ.

Thanks! I fixed it, but haven't uploaded a new copy yet. I'll wait and see if there's more fixes to make first.

Hey I'm new to this forum so sorry if I screw something up. I have started installing some mods for this game and in the late game tech tree I noticed a few oddities where it seemed as though 2 of the techs were missing. Below is an image displaying what I'm talking about. Is it working correctly or is there another explanation?

https://gyazo.com/bc0cb1ac1215c3ce7e68f85b79da9d38

For reference I am using Slower Science Longer Eras, Enlightenment Era, Quick Turns and this mod.

It looks like Future Tech and Nanotechnology are out of position. Is Enlightenment Era loading after Future Worlds? It's best if Future Worlds is loaded last, because of the way EE and Future Worlds adjust the tech tree. I'll have to look into making it a dependency or whatever you have to do to force a mod to load after another mod...

I can t build this units - Advanced Destroyer and Cybersub...I discovered technologies for this 2 units...I can t build Destroyer too....And many new units too?!

From future units I can only build Power Armour Infantry....Than I did something....I set cost 1 for Cybersub, Advanced Destroyer, Arsenal Ship and Mech Artitllery and Preqer Tech Archery...and all units appeaered and could build for one turn because I set costs 1....than I set Prequer Tech for Advanced Destroyer - Particle Physics...started game again....opened Tech Tree but Advanced Destroyer Icon I have not found on Particle Fhysics Icon.....why units appear for Archery but not in Future Era???!!!!

I can t build this units - Advanced Destroyer and Cybersub...I discovered technologies for this 2 units...I can t build Destroyer too....And many new units too?!

From future units I can only build Power Armour Infantry....Than I did something....I set cost 1 for Cybersub, Advanced Destroyer, Arsenal Ship and Mech Artitllery and Preqer Tech Archery...and all units appeaered and could build for one turn because I set costs 1....than I set Prequer Tech for Advanced Destroyer - Particle Physics...started game again....opened Tech Tree but Advanced Destroyer Icon I have not found on Particle Fhysics Icon.....why units appear for Archery but not in Future Era???!!!!

Hmmm... I haven't been able to replicate this issue, as it's working for me, at least, which would suggest it's a mod conflict. What other mods are you running? Is anything appearing in the database error logs?

Congrats on the Workshop release bouncymischa!

I downloaded Enlightenment Era Mod and started with this mod together. On beginnig I checked Tech Trees and Enlightenment Era Techs were there, but during the playing is dissapiered...what is the problem?

Congrats on the Workshop release bouncymischa!

Thanks! Although I'm a bit surprised that, judging from people's comments, it is causing conflicts with a lot of other mods. Some of them are building mods (such as Civ Advanced) that appear to have naming conflicts that I can fix, but some people are saying that it's incompatible with things like the Community Patch. I've never tried using the CP myself, since I would rather avoid messing around with DLL mods, and hence haven't used it or any mods that require it (such as some of JDF's mods) while doing my testing. I'm not sure what would cause a conflict with the Community Patch, however, as my code is all pretty elementary XML and isn't really any different from the code I've used when defining new buildings or units for my civs, just on a more extensive scale.

I downloaded Enlightenment Era Mod and started with this mod together. On beginnig I checked Tech Trees and Enlightenment Era Techs were there, but during the playing is dissapiered...what is the problem?

To be honest, I have no idea. It's not a phenomenon that ever happened to me while using the mod, and I've run both Enlightenment Era and this mod together several times. I would have to guess that it's a conflict with another mod, but without knowing what mods you're actually using, I cannot tell what the problem could even be. Information from the Database log would probably be the most helpful in identifying a conflict.

Eh, the Workshop commentary is sketch at best. I wouldn't invest too much stock in it.

Top Bottom