Civilization IV Diplomatic Features - Version 11 Update

And can you just answer me are those mods that i wrote compatible or is one of them making the problem ?

I'll only be looking at the DLL + C4DF v11. If you are using multiple mods from multiple authors you'll need to ascertain for yourself if there are going to be any other conflicts.

Does tihs work with EUI?

Most of the icons at the topbar in civ are the normal civ 5 icons and i get this when i talk with civs:

Does tihs work with EUI?

Most of the icons at the topbar in civ are the normal civ 5 icons and i get this when i talk with civs:

Incompatible.

I'm also using C4DF + EUI and it works well, you just have to delete the DiploCorner, DiploList and TopPanel-files.

Which leads to my feature request:

When I delete the DiploList.lua, it does no longer show the vassals of other players (at least I believe it is shown there when you don't delete the file).
So would it be possible to introduce a neutral diplomatic modifier that shows the vassalage-status to other players in the diplo-tooltips? Something like

They are the voluntary vassal state of Rome (0)

for example?
Maybe you could even expand this feature and make the modifier depend on their master's attitue towards you, so when the master hates you the modifier will be negative and when you are friends you'll also receive a diplomatic bonus with the vassals?
But this is just an idea. The neutral modifier would be very helpful already. :)

I'm also using C4DF + EUI and it works well, you just have to delete the DiploCorner, DiploList and TopPanel-files.

Which leads to my feature request:

When I delete the DiploList.lua, it does no longer show the vassals of other players (at least I believe it is shown there when you don't delete the file).
So would it be possible to introduce a neutral diplomatic modifier that shows the vassalage-status to other players in the diplo-tooltips? Something like

They are the voluntary vassal state of Rome (0)

for example?
Maybe you could even expand this feature and make the modifier depend on their master's attitue towards you, so when the master hates you the modifier will be negative and when you are friends you'll also receive a diplomatic bonus with the vassals?
But this is just an idea. The neutral modifier would be very helpful already. :)

I would rather just extend the VassalOverview rather than implement a workaround like that.

I am also using this and some wonder mods.
Unique Policy Buildings (v 4)
Unique Cultural Influence (v 4)
Religion - Improved Customization (v 15)
reform_and_rule__bnw___v_25
Race for Religion (BNW) (v 8)
Quick Turns (v 10)
Policy - Free Warrior (v 9)
LibertyMod (v 3)
JFD's Cultural Diversity (Core) (v 6)
Great Admiral Aquaculture (v 1)
Gibraltar and Reef Optimizations (v 101)
Extra Victory Conditions (v 1)
Expanded Naval Immersion (v 10)
Cities of Marble (BNW) (v 6)
Buffing Byzantium (v 2)
BNW Enhanced Abilities
(4UC) 4th Unique Component (v 7)
(3UC) - 3rd Unique Component (v 7)

You're running about the same amount as me; maybe even a few less. Albeit mine are different, I'd be really surprised if there isn't a conflict. I attempted to play a game with this mod included in the game, unfortunately I wasn't able to.

I was bold enough to forego the mods which altered the dll. Which was one I believe (at least one mod that indicated changes to the dll) after that I realized I just wasn't willing to give up the mods I roll with, so to speak!

I guess until that time comes, I'll have to keep this on the shelf and perhaps play it down the road :crazyeye:

Hey Putmalk,

the downloads-section in the first post still has the v11.08 as the most recent version, with v11.09 being available through the workshop only!

Something I encountered while playing with Gazebo's CBP:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=14235155&postcount=168

More a warning than a bug report (because I did something on purpose I could expect that it would cause trouble ;) )...if a barbarian/city-state leader shows up after you liberating a CS captured by barbs, don't try offering him vassalage on the trade-table...I did just out of curiosity and it CTD's the game :)

@Lynnes: Sorry about that. I'll update the link.

@Pfeffersack: Any issues with CBP need to be posted there. That sounds like an issue with the CPP code, not the standalone C4DF. Barbarians / City-States should NEVER approach you.

In the old 10 version it was more text... text from version 11 has been moved into the CP? If I want to translate the text into another language, which files should I choose?

@bane just check the No vassalage game option.

Tomahawk, are there missing texts that were thrown into CPP that are not in the standalone? Can you identify them? Afaik this mod includes all the texts.

If you are translating the mod for standalone, use the standalone version, otherwise use the CPP version. I'm a little confused.

Hi everyone,

What should I edit if I want to unlock vassalage in ancient era?

In SQL\NewColumns.sql you can fine the line : "UPDATE Eras SET 'VassalageEnabled' = 1 WHERE Type='ERA_MEDIEVAL' , I guess changing that to 'ERA_ANCIENT' would work.

Actually, it won't - the reason being is that the "Ancient Era" is not actually entered, as everyone starts the game in it.

The correct solution is to assign VassalageTradingAllowed to true for TECH_AGRICULTURE. :)

Probably not, I'm just gonna go with a no - that seems like a greatest civfanatics question: Can you run a DLL mod with achievements.

Yes, running C4DF as a modpack works great, since the latest update I haven't had a single bug/ issue. :)

Yes, achievements work when being used as a modpack, but it depends on the setting:
  • C4DF + VMC: achievements are supported by default
  • C4DF + CP: achievements are disabled by default, but you can replace the CP-DLL with the one from my modpacks (make sure it's the same version!) to enable them
  • C4DF only: as long as there are no specific changes to the achievements-code in the DLL (which I don't think) they should work

Top Bottom