Age of Further Discovery - Bugs and Feedback Thread

Is there a reason why pirates is not possible to make playable in further discovery? If I make them playable in AoDII 1.12 then they show up. But as soon as I do it for AoFD they are not available. Another thing I also noticed. It is not possible to make the new nations like china ect unplayable. Nomatter what I put in "playable" and "aiplayabl" they are still available as AI.

If you want to make changes, you need to edit the xml files in the \Modules\AoFDMod\ folder...

I also have a graphics bug on conquistadore. When I hurry produce one on the docks in europe they show up as a big pink square instead of the actual graphics.

Will be fixed in next update (sometime before Christmas... If I got the time...)

Playing with Further Discovery mod the europeans tend to build very close to eachother. In most games atleast 2 nations get blocked and they only build 1 settlement. It seems like they do not know how to go past the other nation and build inland. Ending up with 1 large settlement with like 50 units there. They also spam build galleons in this mod. I dont know how they can afford them with only 1 settlement.

This ModMod doesn't affect IA so it has to be AoDII related...

Hi. And thanks for a great extra mod for AOD.

Can anyone tell me if this mod: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=293228&highlight=custom+house is added to this? Or if it is not is it possible to add this too???

In AOD the custom house doesnt sell boycotted goods? And this mod i linked above does. This is the feature I am looking for...

Thanks,

Edit: Would it also be possible to add a feature almost like this? So instead of a timed embargo like this you can repay tax like in col1???
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=298965

Custom House is on my To Do list...

Thank you. The \Modules\AoFDMod\ folder was much help. Now I can have pirates roaming around. :D

Great work on this splendid modmod. Me and my friend are huge fans.

I have to confess, I uninstalled the AoFD mod and reverted back to AoDII. Perhaps it is just the roughness of being incomplete, but I found that the additional resources added nothing to the game. The implementation of the More Buildings mod could not be modded to give me all the Shelter buildings on a new colony like I could do on AoDII. The Plantations didn't seem to add much to the game as they forced me into producing a particular crop without any real benefit to make up for the limitation.

I did like the ability to mine gold. That was the only thing out of the mod I liked.

I will probably give this mod another try down the road when it's a bit more polished.

Here are my suggestions, though you're welcome to disregard my opinions all you want. It's your mod! :)

1> Unless there is something compelling about the new resources (indigo, coffee, etc) to justify their existence, I'm not sure they add anything to the game and should be dropped. Perhaps if these had some special trade value. One thing I think I heard mentioned is the ability to use indigo to make a higher value cloth.

2> Starting out with nothing but a town hall shack and a carpenter's shack it too brutal of a hole. You must at least give the option of starting with shack level buildings on those buildings that you start with in vanilla. This was the show-stopper for me and the reason I uninstalled it (I could basically ignore the other stuff) If that isn't fixed, I doubt I'll ever play this mod.

3> Plantations should be an upgrade to existing farms and/or have a big benefit to using them. Mines should have an upgrade as well (Strip Mine maybe?)

4> The top of my wish list for a mod-mod is the ability to trade with other European powers.

5> The most useless feature is the ability to trade with the natives. It is far to cumbersome to do for very little additional cash in my opinion. The only thing they want with any consistency is guns and it's foolish to arm them. It would help if each native village would stick to one item and you could set up a trade route to supply it. Alternatively if villages would buy more than one type of item.

1> Unless there is something compelling about the new resources (indigo, coffee, etc) to justify their existence, I'm not sure they add anything to the game and should be dropped. Perhaps if these had some special trade value. One thing I think I heard mentioned is the ability to use indigo to make a higher value cloth.

2> Starting out with nothing but a town hall shack and a carpenter's shack it too brutal of a hole. You must at least give the option of starting with shack level buildings on those buildings that you start with in vanilla. This was the show-stopper for me and the reason I uninstalled it (I could basically ignore the other stuff) If that isn't fixed, I doubt I'll ever play this mod.

3> Plantations should be an upgrade to existing farms and/or have a big benefit to using them. Mines should have an upgrade as well (Strip Mine maybe?)

4> The top of my wish list for a mod-mod is the ability to trade with other European powers.

5> The most useless feature is the ability to trade with the natives. It is far to cumbersome to do for very little additional cash in my opinion. The only thing they want with any consistency is guns and it's foolish to arm them. It would help if each native village would stick to one item and you could set up a trade route to supply it. Alternatively if villages would buy more than one type of item.

1. This is one of the things I really like with this mod.

2. Only a challenge.

3. Good idea..

4. You can trade by sailing your ship up to their cities cant you? Is it trade in some other way u talking about???

I also got a few suggestions...

When exploring the new world would it not be possible to have indians reacting with war sometimes when u enter their burial grounds?

i miss the indians raiding settlements. This would be really nice to see as their raids could give them horses and guns. A really sweet feature of col1. Could this be done by using random events or event to happen more often when indians is not friendly with you???

1. This is one of the things I really like with this mod.

2. Only a challenge.

3. Good idea..

4. You can trade by sailing your ship up to their cities cant you? Is it trade in some other way u talking about???

I also got a few suggestions...

When exploring the new world would it not be possible to have indians reacting with war sometimes when u enter their burial grounds?

i miss the indians raiding settlements. This would be really nice to see as their raids could give them horses and guns. A really sweet feature of col1. Could this be done by using random events or event to happen more often when indians is not friendly with you???

It does sometimes :eek:

Hi. I just finished my 1st game with the mod, and every soldier (regular, dragoon, artillery) of the king had only 1 point in strenght, while the Man-o-Wars had 15 instead of 12. Is that normal ?

The veteran dragoons I had carefully prepared for the revolution were a little bit overkill for these weaklings. :p

I just downloaded AoDII v1.12 and AoFD v0.03 this weekend as my first Colonization mod. Playing the first game this evening, I noticed that the warehouse doesn't seem to be selling extra goods at the promised 10% rate. It gives me the same old vanilla message that my warehouse is over capacity and goods are being wasted. Is this a bug or am I missing something? I checked the iOverflowSellPercent in CIV4BuildingInfos and it is set for 10 but doesn't seem to be working correctly.

downloaded aod2 yesterday, cant play it though, mod loads up fine and all maps and new factions are selectable but when i confirm my choices and it trys to load it crashes and i get civ4col has ran into and error and has to close message

im using xp home edition, civ4col vanilla still works

downloaded aod2 yesterday, cant play it though, mod loads up fine and all maps and new factions are selectable but when i confirm my choices and it trys to load it crashes and i get civ4col has ran into and error and has to close message

im using xp home edition, civ4col vanilla still works

Have you updated Civ4Col to 1.1 or whatever it is?

Top Bottom