WnH01 - Little Corporal

Played 10 turns, 1610AD - 1660AD

IHT
Set drama slider to 20%
I split our medieval stack near stalin into 2 citycapture forces to DOW him as soon as F capitulates

(1) 1615AD
Raze Dortmund

(2) 1620AD
Some German units about to make a heroic but stupid sacrifice

Shaka's up to something. Good thing is, we can fight him in our borders (which means WW for him not for us)

IBT
We get a GSpy at Cuzco (still there)

(3) 1625AD
Fred Capitulates

Fred "Health King" of Germany doesn't have any happiness resources for us

Now Fred is out of the way I DOW Stalin
<insert pic>

Look who's there (note: He promoted most of his maces CR so they'll be easily killed in the field)

IBT
No DOW ???

(4) 1630AD
... too bad, I'd really like to see the AI suffer WW for a change. Also note how he is more powerful than we are... Anyway, his WHEOOH has gone

The show must go on...

Since Shaka isn't going to DOW us I'm about to DOW Justinian and move our few units in place

(5) 1635AD
Our 1 Mace + 1 rifle + 1 cannon - "SOD" barely manages to raze Cimmerian

Duisburg falls more easily

"We suffered from your insolence long enought" / "Time to die" / "The world is too small for both of us" - Pick one you like, Justinian

... and the first Byzantine city, Laodicea, falls with ease

IBT
Lyon's water supply is poisoned. This is the reason for it's empty granary

At least Paris' food is saved...

(6) 1640AD
Another craptown being razed

(7) 1645AD
Lose a Farm to a RE

Slightly more important, we get rid of Memphis

We get a GG in the progress. He (Nebucchadnezzar or how you spell it) is now a medic cav in the southern Justinian-raiding stack

I spot a russian SOD. Fred does have a use after all (who would have thought), he takes all the damage :p
Note how Stalin has more knights than the average medieval stacks have (imo)

(8) 1650AD
Bye-bye Magadan

(9) 1655AD
Autoraze Murmansk

(10) 1660AD
I don't raze Angora (yet) as I would most likely use the rifleman. We're rather short on units there so I leave it for now. In this pic you also see Nebuchadrezzar II (this time spelled properly :p), and how I promoted him Leadership. This is a nice promo especially for charismatic leaders

---

I expect the next rounds to be quite as funny. After a turn of slaughtering Stuttgard's defenders, you can raze it next turn. You might be able to give it directly to fred (if you could, don't do so, if our vassals have too much land we'll win by DOM which we don't want).

There are stacks near every border city, to be razed (TBR) in the next 2 turns. I suggest vassalizing them ASAP to be able to march on Shaka, who's power steadily improves

Our stacks attacking Stalin are slowly running out of steam. They lack siege and modern units. It should be sufficient for Stalin and when all the units are grouped to 2-3 stacks they should be able to do quite a lot of damage to Shaka.

I mainly built cavs as I don't expect cannons/rifles to catch up. Exception is Cuzco, where rifles are rolling off the assembly line to reinforce our small stacks heading towards J/Shaka.

Thankfully, WW is no issue atm.

Shaka is going to be troublesome. He has muskets and chemistry, meaning he is 1 tech away from cannons (another reason to build cavs. flanking rocks!). I expect 1 round of vassalizing J and Stalin and regrouping. Then 1 round of finishing off Shaka. If it goes according to plan, we'll soon be through this game... So let's finish it!

View attachment WnH01 - Little Corporal AD-1660.CivBeyondSwordSave

Didn't notice I was up :sad:.

Didn't mean to hold up the game :cry:.

Got it :).

Sorry for the delay.
Played 10 turns up to 1710.
Bit of a slow round.

Our medieval units while nicely promoted just ain't strong enough to be of much use so most of the round was spent raising cash and recalling our ancient (but glorious) armies back home to get upgraded. Now largely done. But no huge military breakthroughs this round :sad:.

Capture/raze Stuttgart (Joe)
Capture/raze Angora (Just)

Joe captures Munich (big stack, 20+units).

Capture/raze Trezibund (Just)
Justinian capitulates (350G, optix)

Random event - scrolls - 230G for 1400 beakers -steam power finished :).
Capture/raze Munich (Joe) (big stack killed)

1710 zzz

We have coal near Rheims, worker on their way.

Just is loosely capitulated (47% land, 92% pop) and likely to break free.

We picked up a Great Scientist to join our Great Spy. Need another GP for a GA.

Paris built a bank. Thebes built a forge (opening up ironworks) after finishing Globe. Drafted in Thebes quite a bit. Orleans knocked out some cannon before starting Ironworks.

Did quite a bit of pillaging in unclaimed territory.

Our Cities:

A new army:

A Just army:

A slightly beaten up army:

The tech situation:

Shaka's picked up RP as well as scimeth and milsci.

The balance of power:

The save:

Ok Got it should have a report up tommorrow night

Ralph

Well a quiet classic warring set as we pushed on into Russia and prepared for war versus Shaka.

Now we had so many troops I wasn’t that careful with them and one fo our stacks did get badly mauled by a big Stack of Stalin's Curaisseurs after he had weakened us up with Catapults, was quite impressive AI warring.

But we pressed on into Russia razing as we went…

But Stalin still doesn’t want to capitulate but with a city ready to fall next turn

And a stack healing to take another if necessary it should only be a couple of turns away.

Now I think we are ready to go versus Shaka (note the Super Medic cannon that can go to the stack that doesn’t have one) so we might as well press the button…

Shaka’s power is high (Grenadiers look to be his best troops) but there are non-trivial reinforcements on their way .

Enjoy

Attachments

• WnH01 - Little Corporal AD-1775.CivBeyondSwordSave
    345 KB · Views: 87
Roster:
Winth - autoskip
mystyfly - on deck
pigswill -
Ralph_Jackson - Just played
Sweetachson - UP

I seem to have lost the s/s, but we got an event offering us an academy in the capital. It's a bit late for the science, so we take the +1 :) for 15 turns.
Shaka has a few troops in Byz territory. Oh well, Justinian, just live with it.

The army heads north into Zululand after mopping up a few border patrols with the loss of a couple of cannon. Meanwhile in Russia, Stalin loses another city, but still won't give up.
Shaka then loses kwaHomendili (sp?) Soon after, Shaka's counter attack stack finally turns up, but he foolishly hits the reinforcement stack which is at full health. Even so it is wiped out by masses of grenades, rifles, knights, etc after he sacked his older units and siege on them. It is still quite large, and in the fog just a few tiles west of our western stack in Zululand. Be careful of it!
A GM is born, so we get another GA. Bulawayo goes down, but Shaka is still refusing to talk. Next, Novgorod falls, but Stalin still won't go down.
To save space - a summary of the conquest:

And so the French have reached Moscow, but this time the army hasn't deserted leaving us starving in winter.
Nobamba falls, but Shaka still refuses to talk. This is the before and after at Moscow - it will go down next go, unless the Germans snake it from us.

Shaka's power is still up there, and the grenades are causing some grief.

edit: Forgot to mention that all new units are heading to a rally point in Justinians city closest to the Zulu front. :D

Attachments

• WnH01 - Little Corporal AD-1810.CivBeyondSwordSave
    363.3 KB · Views: 93
Nice. I think after we get more power than shaka, he'll soon capitulate. So it should be a matter of 2-4 sets I hope.

And BTW I also intend to win that game :p

Pigswill, if you manage to play before monday, go ahead.

It's funny that Stalin refuses to quit, he will have something like 5 cities after losing Moscow, but says "I am afraid of your rivals" or some such. Shaka will take a little longer. We are running low on cannon up there, so I suggest a few more.

Mystyfly: I'm working this w/e so won't time to play.

Seems the more vassals you have the more resistant AIs become.

Stalin would very likely capitulate if you were not at war with Shaka.

Short report:
Razed Moscow + small russian city + St Pete and capitulate stalin.

Shaka's stack moved towards Just's border city (rally point), camped there for lots of turns and finally suicided / got smashed down. Just has had a stack 2-3 tiles away doing nothing :confused:
I razed 5 more or less small zulu cities plus Ulundi but shaka doesn't capitulate yet. I hope the save I attached is with my last turn played otherwise you'll have to do that pigswill...

RR in, mil sci in next turn.

Thebes also spawned another GM.

Probabely one more set of mopping up. our troops in the zulu lands have been cut hard. I suggest using the northern stack (and only...) to move west and amassing some cavalry to raze the new zulu capital.
View attachment WnH01 - Little Corporal AD-1830.CivBeyondSwordSave

Ended up playing thirteen turns.
Workers built coalmine and railroads.
Cities built mainly cavalry.
In 1830 Shaka had six cities.
Very stubborn.
By 1854 he was down to 2 cities and capitulated.
Just actually helped attack a city.
1856 Conquest.
Score 42k.Not bad for six cities.

Save before victory:

Glad we decided to continue the game.

Thanks for doing all the hard work.

Don't usually enjoy major war games but enoyed this one.

Winth missed all the fun.

Poor Winth.

Thank you all for finishing this. Late-game warring is especially hard in SGs where you have to find stuff like units and enemies again and again, getting used to the current save takes nearly as long as playing. Playing itself was fun thou :hammer:

Glad we decided to continue the game.

Thanks for doing all the hard work.

Don't usually enjoy major war games but enoyed this one.

Winth missed all the fun.

Poor Winth.

Yeah, I know, but in the topic of my other SG that I resigned from ("Great words...") is my lame explanation of why I had to resign.

Good work, anyway. :)

Top Bottom