Frequently Asked Questions

Doesn't Crafting give acces to vineyards?? The tech you need to have before you can build mines?

Seems you're right. Well, I needed the hammers more as it was the only hill even near to my starting location and thought I could always change it later. I think I even checked the wiki to see if it was safe.. :rolleyes: Well, I'll try to continue documenting all surprising disadvantages that turn up.

Hi -- sorry for a total newb question, but I've done some looking and couldn't find the answer: is there anyway to just download the .21 patch, instead of re-d/ling the whole mod? I've got .20 right now. I'm in Africa for work and on a really slow connection, so trying to download the whole thing before the power cuts out or I lose my network connection or something is proving to be tricky. If someone could point me to a patch-only d/l link, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Hi -- sorry for a total newb question, but I've done some looking and couldn't find the answer: is there anyway to just download the .21 patch, instead of re-d/ling the whole mod? I've got .20 right now. I'm in Africa for work and on a really slow connection, so trying to download the whole thing before the power cuts out or I lose my network connection or something is proving to be tricky. If someone could point me to a patch-only d/l link, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!

UNfortunatly not, you have to redownload the whole thing, sorry.

Yeah, it is tough. I am in Thailand with a dial-up that on a good day gives me about 34K. The disconnects are delightful too. It took me over 15 hours to download .20. Patches can even take an hour or two.

I'll probably have to wait until next month when I am back in the USA visiting to download .21.

Not likely.. There will be big obvious portents for Shadow, and probably a version number like 2 0.30. :)
I figure there's still a fair amount of cud-chewing yet to do on Fire, making it all the tastier as the final product draws nearer.

The reward for all the time invested will be a "gold" release that doesn't CTD. I know I wasn't the only one who was peeved with MoO III and MoM for that reason.

I don't know if question is already answered, but how is it determed that the barbarians declare war on you, when you start with the barbarian trait?

Thanks a lot.

If you have 50% more score compared to the next highest player.

I still think this should be modified to "next highest player WITHOUT the BAR trait."

If you have a game with 2 or more civs with the BAR trait they can stay close to each other and run away from the rest of the pack without the BAR trait. ;)

Is there an alternative download location for 0.21? I can't get the link for 3Ddownloads to work, it says the file might have been moved.

Edit: My bad, had scripts forbidden, works like a charm now.

What do the little icon buttons above the middle info pane in the main view do?

PLE buttons (Plot List Enhancement).

They aren't needed, just filters for viewing large stacks of units. The first orders all your units buttons in a straight horizontal line, etc etc.

I dont use them much, but they are very handy if you have huge stacks of units.
Basically don't worry about them.

I wouldn't know where to find something out, or I'd get incomplete or wrong information somewhere. Examples -

- the overview pages in the wiki are unclear about how ranks and realms work. It's hard to explain exactly how they're unclear.
Is this what you're looking for, or did you find it unclear?
- the only place I could find a statement that spell casters get XP automatically is in the magic section of the pedia, which includes an unexplained statement that adepts won't gain experience forever
Good point; this information is presently in the somewhat obscure sub-pages: Arcane Units and Disciple Units. As a side-note, they've not yet been updated for .20 or later.
- the description of some spells is terse (examples - is hideous thoughts permanent? exactly what does mutation do?). And of course, the descriptions are only in the pedia.
Looking at hideous thoughts and mutation in the wiki, I think the only thing that's missing is the amount of damage Hideous Thoughts does.

ABout the Khazad, I'm under the impresion that I may not be able to cast the spell Vitalize. I have a Dwarven Druid and I can upgrade to Earth II but even though I have 3 nature nodes I don't have the option to upgrade to NAture 1 or two while I can get nature I with my Dwarven Adepts.

Hope that makes sense.

ABout the Khazad, I'm under the impresion that I may not be able to cast the spell Vitalize. I have a Dwarven Druid and I can upgrade to Earth II but even though I have 3 nature nodes I don't have the option to upgrade to NAture 1 or two while I can get nature I with my Dwarven Adepts.

Hope that makes sense.

That is correct. The Khazad can't make archmages or mages (they can't upgrade their adepts) and their druids get earth magic instead of nature magic. The only way the Khazad can get access to vitalize is by making a priest of leaves (if they worship the fellowship) or a few more obscure paths.

That is correct. The Khazad can't make archmages or mages (they can't upgrade their adepts) and their druids get earth magic instead of nature magic. The only way the Khazad can get access to vitalize is by making a priest of leaves (if they worship the fellowship) or a few more obscure paths.

One of those 'obscure paths' I like to use is getting an enemy Druid, archmage, etc. by using my Inquisitor or Domination spell.

Not able to build Druids as Elohim (thanks to those who pointed out only Neutral civs can build Druids), I was able to get a Lanun Druid using the Domination spell my archmage had. After a few turns I was able to get the Nature III promotion and vitalize the land of my civ.

most civs have acess to building 15 units than can cast vitalize:
3 high preists of leaves
3 inquisitors of leaves
3 druids
3 archmages
3 liches
and a few have a hero who can cast it

As a noob, I'd like to know how you can play as the Infernals from start. I'd much appreciate it.

Top Bottom