Tomatekh's New Civilizations

I think he meant who did the civ icons, probably since they look like a mix of Sukitract's template with Jan's style.

The civ icons? Not counting the three from scenarios, I've made the civ icons for all of my civs. Civ icons and maps are the only things I can do decent enough myself.

(Also, it's a huge compliment to say anything I've done looks similar to Sukritact's or Jan's :p ).

The civ icons? Not counting the three from scenarios, I've made the civ icons for all of my civs. Civ icons and maps are the only things I can do decent enough myself.

(Also, it's a huge compliment to say anything I've done looks similar to Sukritact's or Jan's :p ).
Did you change the way you do them? They look different from previous ones, although the new Garamante icon also looks to be in this style.

Are the Kuikuro also in need of a leaderscene, or is the unit model the only piece of art holding their release back? It's brilliant news either way.

No, the Kuikuro also need a leader scene (though by comparison the Olmec have a leader scene and the Shang a UU graphic, but both are missing other stuff).

Did you change the way you do them? They look different from previous ones, although the new Garamante icon also looks to be in this style.

Not changed per se, just gradually improved, so my newer ones end up looking nicer than my earlier ones.

Not the release I'm sure everyone was hoping for but a convenience release for those of you who use all of my various "cradle" mods:

It collects the Sumer, Harappa, Xia & Caral mods as well as the Cradle City-States Pack into a single download.

- The "Shang Switch" file is included for those of you who prefer to use Shang.
- There's a "Civ Switch" file which you can use to set the individual civs as playable/unplayable for either the AI or human players (in case you want to use the pack but disable a specific civ). Note, this only makes the civ unplayable for the specific group, but the civ is still loaded meaning city-states can still gift their UUs, etc..
- The "Cradle City-States Pack" is all included in a separate "City-States" folder, at the start of the mod file tree (in the same location as the "Shang Switch" and "Civ Switch" files). You can disable it by deleting the entire "City-States" folder at that location.

Not the release I'm sure everyone was hoping for but a convenience release for those of you who use all of my various "cradle" mods:

It collects the Sumer, Harappa, Xia & Caral mods as well as the Cradle City-States Pack into a single download.

- The "Shang Switch" file is included for those of you who prefer to use Shang.
- There's a "Civ Switch" file which you can use to set the individual civs as playable/unplayable for either the AI or human players (in case you want to use the pack but disable a specific civ). Note, this only makes the civ unplayable for the specific group, but the civ is still loaded meaning city-states can still gift their UUs, etc..
- The "Cradle City-States Pack" is all included in a separate "City-States" folder, at the start of the mod file tree (in the same location as the "Shang Switch" and "Civ Switch" files). You can disable it by deleting the entire "City-States" folder at that location.

Thank you very much Tomatekh! I've certainly been waiting to finally getting around to using more of your Cradle civs so this is exciting :). By the way how are the Shang going right now?

Thanks for the download.

I can make high quality icon backgrounds (a very recently gained skill, for all you critics out there :p), but the rest of the icon (i.e. the actual unit/building/whatever) would look like cat urp. By "Shang needs a leader", do you mean a leaderscreen? Maybe I could at least start on that while I'm waiting for some people to whom I delegated some modding-related tasks.

It's nice to see a pack of the cradles together. Will the pack get an update to add the Olmec when they come out?

Also, just wanted to say I'm looking forward to the Shang :D (I could always use more Chinas).

This might be a dumb question, but should using packages like this improve the load time?

Sorry, I had to go away for a few days. So, I've actually been thinking about possibly posting the working builds of my in-progress civs. I don't really mind, though I guess it would ruin the "surprise" of the civs (and since I have a few working builds at this point, probably any surprise I would have for the next year or so :p ).

Though, even in this case, I'd like to collect as much art as possible, but with leaderheads now being the lowest priority (since, if you're playing as the civ, the leader isn't really necessary). Of course, this once again leaves the Kuikuro as the most finished with the unit graphic as the biggest bottleneck (or until I stop caring and post it as is). And I know there are a ton of people who just won't play a civ with bad or missing art :/

I don't know, I'd have to think about it. There's sort of the feeling that if I post them early, that's how they're going to stay, and there's less motivation to actually finish them properly later on.

By "Shang needs a leader", do you mean a leaderscreen?

There's one unique I might change after reading some more stuff on the Shang Dynasty recently, which would necessitate changing the leader. Though, I'm also quite happy with the current build. So, I'm not 100% settled on it yet :p So, at the moment the Shang are on the back burner as I focus on the Kuikuro (who are more finished anyway).

Will the pack get an update to add the Olmec when they come out?

At this point I'm just hoping the Olmec eventually do get released :p

This might be a dumb question, but should using packages like this improve the load time?

It should actually load slightly faster compared to loading the 5 mods individually, but probably not significantly faster compared to the total time it takes to load all the mods you use. It's more for convenience sake than anything else (and having them all in one place in case I need to reference all five mods for another project later on).

Do you plan to collect any of your other civs into packs?

Probably not. Honestly, doing packs like this are more trouble than they are worth on my end. I don't know, do I have any other civs that would work in a pack? Assuming at least 4 civs, I guess I could do an "African Pack", but some of those civs still have art issues I'd want addressed before I grouped them.

To be honest, I believe that to most people unique unit models are more like something they find cool than something essential like good (or at least decent) art.

At this point I'm just hoping the Olmec eventually do get released :p

Rip in Peace Leugi, forever in our hearts ;__;7

In regards to releasing the civs early (or at least in the form of a working beta), I think you should do whatever you are most comfortable with. It's be sweet to play with them soon, but there's no reason to ruin the satisfaction that you, as the creator, will get from releasing a properly finished mod.

At least, that's what I assume :p

Top Bottom