Raliuven SG3 AWE Persia

There seems to be a lot of iron around, but we are really hurting for food, which sounds very peculiar given our 4 wheats and a cow start. I would have liked to be able to capture some towns, but I think that we are going to get a bunch of auto-razes. At least they won't be able to pop-rush first.

There does seem to be some green north of Sardis. Maybe we can grow up there.

I tend to agree with a Dispotic GA too. It seems that our GA will put our immortals front and center and help us build our military machine to take out our two closest neighbors. Once we've done that, it should make us pretty secure. Right now our back & forth wins/loses are preventing us from building an elite base to draw our GLs (not to mention that every time an archer dies it is a 20 shield investment lost - after a couple of dead archers it seems that any later game productivity will be a wash).

Okay, Golden age is going strong. 14 turns left.

Turn Log:
Spoiler :
Turn 0, 550BC; You want a despotic golden age? You got it! Switch military builds to immortals! :hammer:

IBT; 3 numis on mountain go south, 1 more appears from fog. 2 American swords appear in front of our catapult.

Turn 1, 530BC; Persepolis settler-->immortal!, Pasargadae worker-->immortal! Cat hits sword, archer kills sword, archer kills sword and promotes. Adjust defences to deal with new numidian focus.

IBT; numidian advances in south.

Turn 2, 510BC; Abort workers to avoid numidian. Shuffle more defences and heal some units.

IBT; Suddenly we have a numidian problem. Good time for an Immortal push!

Turn 3, 490BC; Arbela immortal-->immortal. Found Samaria in the south. Advance archer for a Boston push. Move immortals to mountains to force numi on to flatter land.

IBT; numidian steps on flat, makes antioch starve :(.

Turn 4, 470BC; Immortal kills numidian, promotes, Golden Age! Suddenly 10+ spt everywhere! :D 3 turns Immortals FTW! Carthage is in anarchy? Just in time for our Immortal push. ;) Archers move next to Boston. Fiddle with sliders.

IBT; Numis attack Tyre, 2 die to spear, spear promotes, third fortifies.

Turn 5, 450BC; Persepolis immortal-->immortal. Tyre barracks-->walls. Immortal dies to fortified numi, elite immortal kills numi. At Boston, cat misses, eArcher kills spear, auto burn city, 3 slaves.

IBT; US swords kills our eArcher at boston ruins.

Turn 6, 430BC; Pasargadae immortal-->immortal. Cat misses US sword, archer kills. Scout out on moutains. MM cities, fiddle with sliders, mapmaking in 1.

IBT; tons of numis advance over southern mountains. Map Making-->Ceremonial Burial in 4 @20%.

Turn 7, 410BC; Arbela immortals-->library. Gordium immortals-->catapult. Immortal kills numi, immortal dies to numi, eImmortal kills numi.

IBT; carthage sword attacks bactra, dies.

Turn 8, 390BC; Persepolis Immortal-->immortal. Bactra barracks-->immortal. Sidon catapult-->catapult. Shuffle immortals around.

IBT; carthage sword attacks bactra, dies.

Turn 9, 370BC; Pasargadae immortals-->library. Tyre walls-->immortals. Cat misses numi near Bactra. Lux to 30%

IBT; Numi hordes go south again.

Turn 10, 350BC; Move troops about, assembling army to push on Washington. :hammer:

Picture with plans:
Spoiler :

Short Term:
-Build settlers in Persepolis and Pasargadae (they are max pop) for the spots marked, or other spots if someone comes up with better.
-Carthage's golden age means they have been throwing numidians at me, lost a few immortals but they are contained. New catapults and immortals should be able to hold them off.
-Army is assembling in the north to raise Washington to the ground, hopefully stunting the US permanently.
-More catapults are needed to drive back Numidians without losing units.

Long Term:
-Envelop Carthage from the north by taking out the US. Hopefully use an army (if we get one) to pillage roads and take cities.
-Switch to monarchy when researched.
-Get aqueducts so cities can grow past 6 for unit support in Monarchy.
-Acquire that American ivory.
-Settle island and the south for some (relatively) safe cities.

Attachments

• RSG3 0350BC.SAV
    137.5 KB · Views: 78
Well guys, my stepfather has cut off my Internet access, so when my turn comes it might take a little longer than expected. I will have to download the save from school, go home and play, then upload the file from school the next day. Throughout the christmas holidays I will most likely have little or no Internet access.

lurker's comment: Is it not worth joining a worker to your Great Library City, taking advantage of extra shilds during golden age

Well guys, my stepfather has cut off my Internet access, so when my turn comes it might take a little longer than expected. I will have to download the save from school, go home and play, then upload the file from school the next day. Throughout the christmas holidays I will most likely have little or no Internet access.

Sorry to hear that Toxicman, although it may be a while before it gets back around to you.

lurker's comment: Is it not worth joining a worker to your Great Library City, taking advantage of extra shilds during golden age

We don't have a whole lot of workers to spare. Maybe the capital could spit one out... I'm not really that worried about losing the GL either, it is only emperor and the AI hates researching lit.

Nice work, creamcheese. It doesn't look like our losses vs Carthage are too serious so far and the conquest of America is going nicely! :)

I'd say if we made some detours to phil and we still picked that up and we got Lit for free, we are probably safe on the GLB, unless at GL or SGL steals it (I'm guessing the Dutch got a SGL with Construction?). The GLB is 18t away but we have only 14t of our GA left. So figure the GLB for somwhere around 20-21t?

Is it worth it to join a worker to make sure we can get it done in our GA? The loss to us is a worker that we'll need to replace relatively fast and (possibly) a higher tax rate to keep the worker happy. The cost of losing the GLB is pretty significant.

Roster
Raliuven
CKS
Elephantium
creamcheese (just played)
TheOverseer714 (playing)
Aabraxan (on deck)
Toxicman007

Nice work, creamcheese. It doesn't look like our losses vs Carthage are too serious so far and the conquest of America is going nicely! :)

I think 2 Immortals and an archer, so yeah, not as bad as they could have been. I did have to lure the Numis on to hills/flat. Even hills attacking was a risk. Next player should be very careful about that area, we don't want to lose a city.

Lux tax is not an issue, we have plenty of gold for mysticism and I built some libraries to get us to monarchy. Maybe I should have used a worker sooner? I dunno.

Got the save, hopefully it goes well.

Edit: the save is the wrong one, it actually is 1750 bc.

I'll try it again.

Yes it did. If I'm holding things up, skip me or swap, my winter vacation starts Friday, and then I'll have more time to play.

We haven't heard from Overseer in a while - and being completely respectful of his RL situation, I would propose changing the line up to:

Roster
Raliuven
CKS
Elephantium
creamcheese (just played)
Aabraxan (playing)
Toxicman007 (on deck)
TheOverseer714 (next up)

Overseer if you disagree, please say so. I don't want to add any additional stress to your life and I know you are up in the other SG too.

Looks ok, but Aabraxan has RL issue too. I may be able to play sooner than he can.

Top Bottom