Europe Screen 5.0 beta and aodII

Hi guys, and thanks for your big work.

I really appreciate this mod : It's a must have IMHO.

As I'm french, I've made the translation to make v5.0 work correctly with my game, in the "text" xml.

Feel free to use (or not) my work for further modifications.
If you disagree with this work, please feel free to mp, and i'll will remove it.

Keep the good work.

STNHL

Thank you, good work. :goodjob: I will add french translation to next update.

To be honest, I love the current Europe screen! Somehow the graphics seem perfectly appropriate and consistent with the rest of the game. I worry that the AoE 3 Europe screen would be too familiar to owners of that game and moreover, "too much."

Of course, this is just my opinion, but I think the style of the current screen is just right for a game like Colonization!

Europe Screen 5 beta2 - AOD2 Version

Changelog:

- improved performance for plot finding process
- turned inbound ships around, they are facing now to the right :king:
- reduced appearance of sea gulls, they still show up once in a while
- removed 'lift boycott' feature, EuropeScreen 5 isn't about changing gameplay ;)
- made a better full length icon for carrack
- full support of unit selection/order sounds for all nations

Issues:

- recall feature for nations starting in the west isn't working, will be fixed in AOD2 1.11

Download (~ 7.6mb):

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?oezvemyl1my

Is this the current version?

Cool, I've implemented it. :)

Great work, koma! I like beta2 :)

I have found a bug with these lines:

Code:
		#City list
		self.CityPlotList = []
		(city, iter) = player.firstCity(false)
		while (city):
			if city.isCoastal(1) and [B]not city.waterArea().isLake()[/B]:

When a colony is near inland sea, it causes problems in building the city list. I suppose we could check the water area to be connected to Europe in this case.

To be honest, I love the current Europe screen! Somehow the graphics seem perfectly appropriate and consistent with the rest of the game. I worry that the AoE 3 Europe screen would be too familiar to owners of that game and moreover, "too much."

This of course is true. If you know AOE3, it will look strange to have same gfx in Colonization. But keep in mind most of us modders are no graphical artists, can't create an image from scratch. :dunno:

Cool, I've implemented it.

Nice! Let's see what people think about it. There already is some oos report... :blush:

Great work, koma! I like beta2

Thank you! :)

I have found a bug with these lines:

Code:

#City list
self.CityPlotList = []
(city, iter) = player.firstCity(false)
while (city):
if city.isCoastal(1) and not city.waterArea().isLake():

When a colony is near inland sea, it causes problems in building the city list. I suppose we could check the water area to be connected to Europe in this case.

I don't think this is a problem. 'if city.isCoastal(1) and not city.waterArea().isLake():'
is only a quick pre-check, the real test is made in next lines:
Code:
if unit.getGroup().generatePath(self.pPlotEast, city.plot(), 0, false, None):
      self.CityPlotList.append([city, None])
elif unit.getGroup().generatePath(self.pPlotWest, city.plot(), 0, false, None):
      self.CityPlotList.append([city, None])

This of course is true. If you know AOE3, it will look strange to have same gfx in Colonization. But keep in mind most of us modders are no graphical artists, can't create an image from scratch. :dunno:

Of course that is a perfectly appropriate point. However, even if you could come up with the AoE3 graphics from scratch (imagine that game didn't exist), I think I would still prefer the current Europe screen.

This is my personal preference though and I want to shake the hand of whoever came up with that one because I feel it is somehow perfectly matched with the style of the game.

If it is possible, without increasing the file size of the mod too much (I want to be considerate of people who may not have fast connections), it would be nice if there was some way to choose the screen that is used. For example, if the info "button" that displays version info and the creators could be used to change the Europe screen, that would be perfect :goodjob:.

Whatever you all decide, I appreciate the hard work. :)

If it is possible, without increasing the file size of the mod too much (I want to be considerate of people who may not have fast connections), it would be nice if there was some way to choose the screen that is used. For example, if the info "button" that displays version info and the creators could be used to change the Europe screen, that would be perfect .

I think there is an easier solution (at least for me). The Europe screen version for Vanilla Col will work with AOD2 too... Only difference is the Pirates screen. :)

Play as Australia I got the following error. Image and save attached.

I reverted to version 4 CvEuropeScreen.py and it seems fine.

I lost the game I was playing (keeps erroring about various different things) but am able to start new ones fine.

Ok, here is a patch for Europe screen.

Changelog:

- fixed sailing to new world bug for nations starting in the west (thx nevermind and dale)
- fixed a bug with cargo messages (thx king mb)
- enabled recall feature for nations starting in the west
- added french translation (thx stnhl)
- added full length icons for pirate brig and pirate ship

Nevermind, you were right. There is some bug in that lines you mentioned. But it wasn't related to an inland sea, instead it was caused by 'sail to east/west' plot calculation. :)

Attachments

• EuropeScreen_patch.rar
    151.9 KB · Views: 84
Does this fix the bug I found?

Top Bottom