Current Status + Future Updates

Glad to have you on the team remake20!

NikNaks, I have a small course load this semester, so let me know what I can do to make your life easier.

Glad to be here

@remake20-

And we're glad to have you on the team!

@sandman730-

Sure there is man, do you have anything in mind?

Can you handle XML? (not programming, more like html). If you can, there are a few areas you could work on.

If not, you can help with research, or text.

For example, you can help by searching around and finding existing units we can include: see the unit art thread. Very soon we will need someone to find which naval units already exist and which we need to build.

There are several other things like this that need to be done.

Send me a private message and we can talk in more detail about where you can help. Glad to have you.

We can only do so much, we're just a group of volunteers here. We'll build our mod for BTS, after that if anyone want to make copies for other versions, they can do that.

Personally I think our goal should just be to make the best mod we can for BTS. It's a big task to take our work and make it work with other versions. Especially since or modifications include adjustments to the espionage system, which only exists in BTS.

Is there a BTS for mac yet? If there is, our mod will work in it.

Maybe we should make versions for [civ4] and [c4w], not just :bts:. Also, we should make a mac version.

Let's finish the first version until we do that. And does mac have a special version that requires something different?

EDIT: @ Sandman - If you are doing text the Jap. UB needs a history entry.

We can only do so much, we're just a group of volunteers here. We'll build our mod for BTS, after that if anyone want to make copies for other versions, they can do that.

Personally I think our goal should just be to make the best mod we can for BTS. It's a big task to take our work and make it work with other versions. Especially since or modifications include adjustments to the espionage system, which only exists in BTS.

Is there a BTS for mac yet? If there is, our mod will work in it.

I don't think so

Mac doesn't have it's own version, it can run mods that were made on PCs.

BUT

I used to play civ 3 on my mac, and I remember that since there were no upgrades/expansion packs for it, I could only play mods that were made for vanilla civ. So unless they have a BTS for mac, you will not be able to play this mod on it. Sorry. Blame Firaxis for their laziness, they're the pros here!

EDIT: I know there is a warlords for mac, but no BTS

Yes, good idea.

Sandman: Have you not got the signature violation yet? I think your sig is too big.

You're limited to five lines of regular size print.

I think I'll be able to do some minor graphics work within the next weeks. I could do the ideologies buttons for example if that is still needed. However, I might not have the time to finish it earlier than the end of January if that's ok.

Top Bottom