PBEM Playtest of AWAW v1.2

Einsteins input provides the Allies with inside information on Axis military concepts, which cause a major breakthrough in research. UK receives two free advances. Blitzkrieg Concept and U-Boat construction dramatically expands British military and naval strategical options, without which this war cannot be won.

The Axis navy responds well to early British naval strategy, and reveals its positions in the North Sea. So far, however, Axis casualties in the battle of the North Sea remain marginal :

1 Cruiser
1 Fighter
1 Destroyer Group
1 Battleship

In Asia, the loyalty of Hué was secured by British forces.

Offers of alliance sent to the Russians and Americans, with gifts of technologies. Civ2Dip files are attached.

Attachments

• civ2dip_UK_to_USSR_turn2.zip
    426 bytes · Views: 197
Gary J. Durham said:
((Bo: is that kind of what you want me to write?))

Errmm Gary, I think you might have misunderstood me. I think you are referring to one of my post's at the start of this thread where I wrote that the Soviet player should remember to post the events.

What I wanted to state was that when playing a PBEM game it is only the first player of the game who receives the text messages generated my the scenario's event file (ie. in my scenario the Soviet player.) Therefore the first player as an addition should post those text messages as well. (you can note this in Boli's last post (British army recruits new divisions in Burma))

I have forgotten to tell you this in the other game where you are the Soviet player, my fault!

Hope this makes some sense to you. :king:
(Anyway plz. continue to write your excellent posts :goodjob: )

Morten,

Your ambush netted a German:

Cruiser
Destroyer squadron
Fighter wing
AND a Battleship?

What were the UK losses, if any? When I next get the turn, it's always so quick I never get a chance to see what happened. Thanks, Gary

*grumbles* I'll re-send again though my other email. My SMTP server has been playing up could have been a fault my end.
----
"soviet diplomat anxiously waits in Berlin for the Fuhur to see him, a proposal that everything North and East of Warsaw should come under Soviet dominium, in return the Russian government is willing to teach the Germans the fine art of Sovet tank building."

Britain looks at dismay at Russian attempts of mingling with the Axis aggressor and enemy of Britain. Clearly any diplomatic contact with our clear enemies will be in opposition to any friendly relations or alliance with Britain. If these negotiations go on without any Russian concern, the UK proposal of a Russo-British alliance will be immediately withdrawn, and military considerations taken as to what course of action, Britain will take in this new situation.

Montgomery requests a swift Russian answer to this delicate situation.

The Russian state wants no alliance with any of the countries in the world, either Germany, Britain, the U.S. or any of the other miriad of nations; to do so will just be another jewel in the imperial crown of the capitalist powers. and mother Russia will never be servitude to any of the countries of the world. Servitude is just another word for slavery and the people are equal as one, where worker or solider alike can govern themselves, in soviet states under the guidance of Moscow.

Germany has agreed to not support the "pro imperialism" faction on several of our bordering countries. This minority if not taken care immediately will only grow and split the country into civil unrest.

Moscow is offering guidance to an unruly people and implementing a more pure society into Eastern Europe. Noting how many of the other cities in the world Soviet cities enjoy an unparalleled civil peace in the world - This is what we offer to many smaller countries that feel threaten by intern corruption and imperialist greed.

As we understand all Germany and the rest of the world understand is capitalist material gains we have dealt with him as such; but you cannot put a price on the security of soviet individuals who wish to join our great union.

While the growing world revolution looks down on trading material gains with each other it is perhaps a more pure for of soviet expression to trade, and Moscow is willing to accept compromising for the eventual great good it will accomplish.

While alliances are rebuked as a capitalist yoke on the soviet people we are open to ALL sides in this growing conflict for the possibility of trade. We shall treat you all equally as you have treated the soviet states with the same distain and the worlds' revolution swept the Russian steppes.

We are willing to forget the past and ill-veiled insults to work together to a better WORLD future.

The city of Hong Kong has been liberated from the Imperialist forces that were actively stripping the city for their own gain with blatant disregard for the effect on the local populace.

Even during a time when the Imperialists are being driven back they continue to prey on those that are unable to defend themselves. In response to the distress calls that were sent out from the city of Hue, two Japanese bomber squadrons find a crippled Cruiser outside the already occupied city. Ashamed that they could not get there in time to defend the city from the ruthless attack, the bombers exact vengance by destorying the enemy units that assaulted the city. [1 Cruiser and 1 Engineer killed]

Communications were intercepted that showed that the United States, whom had claimed a 'neutrality' in these affairs, has traded technological secrets with the Imperialists and are really just a wolf in sheeps clothing. To show that the Japanese people will not tolerate such dishonorable actions, the United States military forces in all of Asia have been destroyed. [3 Cruisers and 3 Homeguards killed]

Attachments

• Japan2.zip
    57.9 KB · Views: 207
The United States is outraged at Japans sudden agression. Our tech exchange was merely a business agreement. Now however Japan shall pay for their malicious assault on the American people.

Attachments

• usa2.zip
    54.2 KB · Views: 203
I'm sorry to announce that this will be my last turn in this PBEM, due to real life stuff, exams in particular. Either Germany can take control of this civ or it can be left to the AI. Sorry for any inconvenience. :)

So, what do we want to do? Find a replacement, let the Germans play them or make them AI?

I think a replacement would be best, but difficult. Letting the Germans play them would be the next best option as I'm guessig they have already put some effort and support towards them. Letting the AI play them would affect the Germans the most as any plans and resources that have already been put in motion would be wasted.

If there are no objections I would be willing to play the Minor Axis.

I think Bo playing the Minor Axes would be for the best. Truth is though, I have a fear of it being played via the 'AI'. As Duke alludes to... I'd hate, and think it pretty 'crappy', if it goes to the 'AI', and then everyuone 'raids' it in-game for my technologies. Not, of course, that anyone would actually DO such a thing... :0)

I would still suggest, however, that 'Spanish' built troops be kept neutral and 'within' a logical 'Spanish Sphere' unless attacked by the Allies. Yes, this would give Bo, and hence I, early warning about allied shipping headed for Gibralter and the Med... but hey, it accurately reflects the 'realities' of back then (no intended offense to any present day Spanish civ 'brothers' who may read this...)

Besides, Bo has impeccable ethics, and we all know this. As such, I 'second' the motion. Let's make Bo officially the guy, unless or until someone says otherwise, and Bo can then get the password from Eivind.

Sorry to see you go, Eivind!

Gary

I just want to say I still think it's unfair that M-Axis are being played by human this really makes it much harder for the Allies.

I don't think the Minor Axis are able to use all of the German units, so they shouldn't be able to pose much of a threat. As techs develop the Allies should be able to use their superior units and numbers to fight against the lesser units the Minor Axis have access to, much like real life.

I don't play with passwords :)

I'll come back another time to play PBEMs. And it's not like I'm leaving the community. I'll still be around playing a couple of PBEMs at the other civ2 forums, lurking these threads and designing scenarios. In fact, I have an 'age of discovery' scenario in beta, just recently released for playtesters... ;)

So, see you around!

Axis Minor's played by the 'AI' means... ALWAYS... that they declare a sneak attack against the Germans very early into the game. I'm on the record stating that I don't think it's fair to the German players in OTHER games before this one(#1 and #2). Supposedly allies of Germany, they are in actuality far more of a hindrance. Christ, they're like a bothersome minor independent neutral, actually, if AI controlled. Could be fun human controlled.
Real life, Germany called the shots that Mousillini danced to. An AI just doesn't reflect justice to this.
But whatever you guys decide.

Top Bottom