BtS MTDG - Game Settings & Map

In my team forum (team one) we've been discussing which map to use. Atm it seems like Wheel is the more popular (not a lot of our team have contributed yet though), but nothing's been decided yet of course.

I haven't shown this idea to anyone yet (including my team), but my idea for a map would be 'wheel' like and it would also allow for uninhabited 'islands' on the map itself (if I read correctly that's what some people want). Check my attachment for details. This would mean that someone would have to create this map though.

Let me know what you think. The grey spots are the possible starting locations and the question marks (?) are the areas where islands can be placed.

Btw, this is just a rough 'sketch' ;)

Attachments

• Rough Map Idea.jpg
    Rough Map Idea.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 239
I think it's a very interesting idea for a map no doubt - but for this game I don't want to know what the map looks like. It's highly probable our team will vote to let Sullla make whatever map he wants, and I would encourage all other teams to do the same. :please:

I think it's a very interesting idea for a map no doubt - but for this game I don't want to know what the map looks like. It's highly probable our team will vote to let Sullla make whatever map he wants, and I would encourage all other teams to do the same. :please:

So far everyone are for :p , but yeah having such an unatural map is not going to be best imo...

I see your point. With most of the map types however, you will soon figure out what kind of map you're on anyways (except for islands/archipelago/highlands as far as I know). Maybe this map can be added to the 'possible map type' list (which might be chosen from randomly by Sullla)?

Also, if Sullla is making the map he can make certain adjustments to it (rotate the star, add more area to every 'point' of the star (where I put the starting locations), make it a more natural map, etc) which would also make the map more unpredictable.

Perhaps I missed something in this dicussion, but: have we decided on a game speed, or has Sullla stated what it will be? I'm thinking Normal, but it's up to the teams...

Personally, I'm really against any wheel, donut or similar map. In my opinion, they're too boring and predictable. Let's have something more interesting. ;)

Perhaps I missed something in this dicussion, but: have we decided on a game speed, or has Sullla stated what it will be? I'm thinking Normal, but it's up to the teams...
Normal would seem to make sense. With a simultaneous turn pitboss we could have gone for Epic, but with non-simultaneous turns, anything longer than Normal will take too long.

I already have a couple of ideas for a custom map. I'm waiting for the teams to give me more feedback before deciding which way to go with a couple of possibilities. I do think that it's more productive to hold most of this discussion in the individual team forums, however.

Ginger_Ale, game speed is not an option up for debate. We'll be playing on Normal speed, which works really well for this game and is probably what 90% of the participants expect anyway. :)

I already have a couple of ideas for a custom map. I'm waiting for the teams to give me more feedback before deciding which way to go with a couple of possibilities. I do think that it's more productive to hold most of this discussion in the individual team forums, however.

Ginger_Ale, game speed is not an option up for debate. We'll be playing on Normal speed, which works really well for this game and is probably what 90% of the participants expect anyway. :)

Actually with tech trading on, on noble the game will progress VERY fast, so a slower speed might have been nice, if we had simultanous turns that is... I still think simulatanous turns are better as it gives each team more time to discuss what to do and more time to take their turn...

Top Bottom