Achievement Saves (for the lazy and/or the frustrated people out there)

Good point. Note however that in many of these saves the civs unique unit is already obsolete. So don't assume you "did" all of the UUs if you got the winning achievement for civ X from such a savegame. One should keep track of this in a personal textfile manually or via the achievement_debug.log as described in the OP.

I would use the achievement_debug.log, it's a lot more reliable. This way any units built in offline mode or while playing with mods don't get accidentally counted.

Also I will be adding a save in the next few days where the player will be able to buy a lot of tiles in a very short time-span.

Not a fan of boosting, cheating, etc.

There is 0 point of having achievements if you get them by, in fact, doing nothing.

This is no different from boosting stats or doing 10th prestige hacks in call of duty, and people get stat resets/banned for that.

If you're playing for fun, play for fun. There's no grey area here though, using this to get achievements cheapens the meaning of them for people who get them legit and is 100% cheating.

In understand firaxis fails with the mod thing and borked achievements, but that doesn't change the reality of a thread like this.

Not a fan of boosting, cheating, etc.

There is 0 point of having achievements if you get them by, in fact, doing nothing.

This is no different from boosting stats or doing 10th prestige hacks in call of duty, and people get stat resets/banned for that.

If you're playing for fun, play for fun. There's no grey area here though, using this to get achievements cheapens the meaning of them for people who get them legit and is 100% cheating.

In understand firaxis fails with the mod thing and borked achievements, but that doesn't change the reality of a thread like this.

While I respect your opinion, does it really matter? Everybody sees things diffrently, I got pretty much most of my achievements normally, only few cheated because not in million years would I get them. If I find a way to get them, then I think I deserve them. I only used FeiLing's save once for the Mongolia because I didn't realise I could mod the Scenario map which didn't block achivements.

While I respect your opinion, does it really matter?

If achievements do not matter, then why do we care if we have them or not?

If achievements do matter, then why are we cheating to make them meaningless?

If I find a way to get them, then I think I deserve them.

You deserve an achievement when you've attained its requirements yourself. Anything else is just rationalisation for boosting/cheating to attain them.

I can see it for people looking to correct game bugs regarding something they've done but wasn't registered, because they actually did do the requirements in that case. Other than that, it's cheating plain and simple.

If achievements do not matter, then why do we care if we have them or not?

If achievements do matter, then why are we cheating to make them meaningless?

You deserve an achievement when you've attained its requirements yourself. Anything else is just rationalisation for boosting/cheating to attain them.

I can see it for people looking to correct game bugs regarding something they've done but wasn't registered, because they actually did do the requirements in that case. Other than that, it's cheating plain and simple.

Maybe I suffer from Obessive Compulsive Disorder and it bothers me that i don't have the 100% ? I don't wanna argue and I swear it is going to be an arguement so I'm just letting you know I'm backing away. I don't understand you need to come to this thread and suddenly make it look like we're awful people for doing this.

@OP: [Kiwispeak]You beauty! Chur for making it, and you deserve an L&P [/Kiwispeak] Translation: Awesome! Thank you for making it, you deserve a cold beverage

@TheMeInTeam: Everyone has their own opinions. I know people that don't care for the achievements, and I know others that like to get all of them. Everyone has their own opinion, and you shouldn't be persecuting those with different opinions to yours

I care for my achievements (and obviously did them on my own ;)), but I don't really care if others have 100% as well... most aren't hard at all anyway. It feels good to complete stuff and in the end it doesn't matter how one did it.
The fact alone that achievements don't work when you got a mod active (that doesn't make anything easier; just more comfortable or more fun) is more than enough reason for these saves to exist.
Not to mention, that achievements abuse a human behavior to make us all waste time on pointless things - can't blame anyone who can't resist them to make the pain end quicker. By any means.
Finally, I don't see anyone cut the grass by hand just because it feels more rewarding when you finish it in a day or two, when you can do it with a machine within an hour and hardly any effort.

PS: The thread got 2000 views in just a month, so there are very likely more people grateful than angry about it. From a democratic point of view, you'll have to live with it, sorry :p

PPS: I'm doing the Polynesian Scenario saves right now. It's awful. As much as I love the civ/leader (Kamehameha) as it is, the scenario is AWFUL. AWFUL. I bet anyone who tried to play it twice will gladly come back here and grab the saves for the achievements he didn't get yet.

Actually got all saves/achievements ready except winning as Hiva and Samoa (difficulty doesn't matter there). Thanks for your offer. Guess I'll wait for your contribution of these then and go on myself with Spain/Inca or the Mongols :)
Note however that you should temporarily remove all other DLCs you have as described in the OP before starting with these.

(updating the OP with these saves now)

Thanks J. That argument seemed to have been going nuclear.

My personal feelings aside, it's a good idea to have this sort of thing, but it might in it's best interest to attach a 'last resort' disclaimer for people who want to achieve it and instead find great difficulty in doing so.

Ultimately Civ5 is a game, a computer game at that, we really should try our best to remember that and keep only so much stock in it.

This save is primed to purchase many tiles. You can also purchase a B17 (for building every unit) and use the B17 to bomb China. There's also plenty of gold to buy other end game units for building every unit and to buy a nuke to get the the achievement for nuking a city. Also China is down to 1 city and there are many Stealth Bombers nearby so you can easily win a domination game on Emperor with Washington.

Unfortunately the save does require all the DLC

Attachments

• Buy_Tiles.Civ5Save
    1,020.7 KB · Views: 272
well that makes perfect sense, I hadn't realized it was the scenario. Thanks!

Thanks for your contributions WeaselSlapper & gustn_toh!
Added them to the OP(s).

Especially thanks for the mongol scenario win on deity... I tried it two more times again myself and came pretty damn close in my last attempt. I'm however very grateful I don't have to go through it again (and again) :D

2 more turns and I'd have done it :(

Pretty impressive that you did it in only 87 turns @ gustn_toh :worship:
(a bunch of armory frigates like you did it seems a good way to knock down Japan... otherwise it's very hard to even land of that tiny island where every tile is filled with a unit already)

@WeaselSlapper: for some reason that save game crashed my game the first time I tried to load it. However in the second try it worked. Not sure what that was... never happened before :crazyeye:

Top Bottom