Withdraw by Jan 2008

Red Stranger

Emperor
I have an idea that is a combination of Republican and Democrat politics towards Iraq. Republicans don't want to set a timeline for withdrawing and believe that we must stay until the job is done. The Democrats wants to withdraw as quickly as possible regardless of the consequences.

My idea is to combine both ideas. First we announce a withdrawal date, let's say Jan 31, 2008. The terrorists will prepare their attack for that day. Meanwhile they'll be reducing their attacks to give us a sense of security and also to prepare for a major attack that day. But the trick is on Jan 31, 2008, we don't withdraw, but actually engage in full combat with the terrorists. That way we'll be fighting a conventional war which no one can beat us on, and meanwhile we'll have a full year of reduced or no attacks.

Quick, come back to the States and get yourself elected to public office.
Please Red Stranger, your country needs you!
I'm sure some conservative thinktank needs more pink glasses view of the whole Iraq debacle.

You know the best way to stop the violence is to remind the Sunnis and Shi'ites that they're both followers of Muhammud and should not try to kill each other. They should follow the path of peace. That was my whole point of going to Kirkuk, to remind them of that. But Egypt ruined it for them. So this is probably the next best option.

You know the best way to stop the violence is to remind the Sunnis and Shi'ites that they're both followers of Muhammud and should not try to kill each other. They should follow the path of peace. That was my whole point of going to Kirkuk, to remind them of that. But Egypt ruined it for them. So this is probably the next best option.

What did Egypt do? :confused:

I have an idea that is a combination of Republican and Democrat politics towards Iraq. Republicans don't want to set a timeline for withdrawing and believe that we must stay until the job is done. The Democrats wants to withdraw as quickly as possible regardless of the consequences.

My idea is to combine both ideas. First we announce a withdrawal date, let's say Jan 31, 2008. The terrorists will prepare their attack for that day. Meanwhile they'll be reducing their attacks to give us a sense of security and also to prepare for a major attack that day. But the trick is on Jan 31, 2008, we don't withdraw, but actually engage in full combat with the terrorists. That way we'll be fighting a conventional war which no one can beat us on, and meanwhile we'll have a full year of reduced or no attacks.
I have a better idea. Both dem and rep sides announce they will never ever withdraw. Then sneak out the troops Jan 31 2008, but the terrorists won't know the troops left!

win-win.

it seems like egypt ruined peace in iraq doesn't it?

(having just perused RS' other thread)

It does. Heck, it was probably a terrorist that stole his camera and pants, exactly predicting the result.

First we announce a withdrawal date, let's say Jan 31, 2008. The terrorists will prepare their attack for that day. Meanwhile they'll be reducing their attacks to give us a sense of security and also to prepare for a major attack that day.

Aragorn said:
.... you know the drill.

tenchar :mischief:

Oh, wait, I didn't even read the sentence that came after that.

This may call for me to engineer a Denethor image macro.

Maybe the government system of the US is not working? I mean, putting some guy in charge of a whole nation can only lead to one thing: something bad.

What do you else think?

It's worked pretty damn well for 231 years, so I'm not sure why it would stop working now.

Maybe the government system of the US is not working? I mean, putting some guy in charge of a whole nation can only lead to one thing: something bad.

What do you else think?

I think you should take a look at this, one guy is not in charge of a whole nation - it's not at all the way our system works.

This idea is the stupedist idea I've heard from you, and you've had a lot of stupid ideas.

It stole his camera...and his pants!

:lol: :lol:

This plan wouldn't work, they would still be using guerrilla/terror warfare up until the last day. They aren't stupid, they know they can't beat the US forces in a conventional match-up.

There's nothing in there that says the insurgents have to come out to fight conventionally if the US promises to withdraw.

That is exactly what the Iraqis needed. For Red Stranger to teach them about Muhammad, meanwhile completely insulting their intelligence by assuming they could be tricked into fighting conventionally on Jan 31, 2008.

It stole his camera...and his pants!

Well someone should have the good sense to bring more then the one pants !
:lol:

That was my whole point of going to Kirkuk, to remind them of that. But Egypt ruined it for them.

Its egypts fault for derailing RS mission to Kirkuk and the ENTIRE Iraq war.
:lol:

Top Bottom