Next War - Nuclear War Cracks Earth Core?

val13

Chieftain
Ok, so I've put about 80 hours into a game on the Next War mod (I want assault mechs!), and, right after I research Fission, Peter (AI) goes trigger happy with nukes, the earth cracks, game over.

Is there a mod or .xml file I can modify to get this out of there????

What good is a mod if you can't GET to the later techs because an AI civ nukes the world????

Any techies/modders know how to get that option/event out of the mod? :confused:

EDIT:

I think I found a way... in UnitInfo for Next War mod, the number of ICBM's and Tactical Nukes was set unlimited... so, I set the number for 5 total of each. Think that should keep Peter from blowing up the world and ending the game prematurely?

In /Mods/Next War/Assets/Python/CvEventManager.py

Find
Code:
# globals
###################################################

g_iNumNukesWarningMessage = 7
[B]g_iNumNukesGameOver = 20[/B]

The bolded line is the number of nukes it takes to end the game. I am pretty sure that you can change that number to a -1 and it will stop the earth from cracking. You will also want to set g_iNumNukesWarningMessage equal to -1 or you will get the "to many nukes" message.

Now while I am pretty sure -1 will work, if it doesn't you can just set the bolded line to say 1000000 or something really high and that will also solve the problem. Just don't set it higher then 2 billion or python will give probs.

Top Bottom