Bobby (Jan 04, 2009)

Balam-Agab

God King
A victorian Bobby.

(Note: the GIF really doesn't do it justice)

Download

Balthasar requested i also make a Peeler version with a stovepipe hat.

Download

Aside from the hat it is identical to the bobby

"Oi gov'na! It wusn't me! 'Twas the one-armed bloke, Honest!"

Nice unit. :D

Nice unit! I think the steampunk team was looking for one of these. :)
Made at our request, actually. Thank you Balam-Agab, for being the first to make & post one of our requests. A good unit - the civ-color is both noticeable & restrained. Perfect.

I was thinking "Bobby who?" before I saw the preview of this unit.

Great idea! I think police units are pretty cool in-game, especially for suppressing civil disorder (hmmmm...how very democratic!).

Nice one Balam-Agab I especially like the fortify animation. Thanks for doing it too!

Nice unit Balam-Agab! Hope you keep at this. :)

Looks good!

A tip for future units: if a character moves his feet, his pelvis and upper body should move as well so it looks like he is putting weight on his feet. Otherwise it can seem like his upper body is just floating and he's waving his legs around like tentacles. Also, I think at this scale it's better to over-emphasise, rather than under-emphasise, upper body movements during attacks. Then it looks more natural and flowing, and less stiff. Although I suppose a copper should be stiff if anyone should.

The Bobby is making my game crash. Any idea why?

The Bobby is making my game crash. Any idea why?
I actually encountered this once with one of my units.

Something about the .flc settings saved in the .flc file not 100% correct. The easiest way to fix it is to extract it with FLCster or something, and convert it back into a .flc.

At least, that's how I did it. (try re-DLing it first though)

Just tried redownloading. No success.
Then tried (thanks to your suggestion) opening each of the .flcs in FLICster, exporting them, opening the .FXMs, re-exported back to .flcs. No success. =[
Any other ideas?

Not one from civ, but it comes up with the Windows 'Civ3Complete has stopped working' message.

It may have been one of the units that was made with the previous version of Flicster, which saved the FLC with Animation Times of 0 (will cause crash). Make sure you have the latest version of Flicster, which fixes this problem (I think has a popup that asks if you want to fix it)... or you can export it and make the FLC again.

If it is the Animation Time of 0, it will show something like 000 so you will know if this is the case or not.

Other than that, I got that message when there was MP3 music I added that was in slightly incorrect saved format; Random crashes when the particular songs played.

Well I have the latest FLICster (I'm pretty sure) and I've loaded it up in that and done all the stuff I said before...
Can someone please look at the files for me, cos I'm getting nowhere? =[

Top Bottom