Civ V Civilizations Roster

Americans, Germans, Chinese, Indians, Japanese, Egyptians, Greek, French, English, Aztecs, Romans, Russian, Spanish, Ottomans/Turks, Scandinavians/Swedish/Vikings, Arabs, Mongolians, Persians... uh, Incans would be 19th. But i hope for Surferman :lol:.

I don't know, but I wish they would include more dictator type peoples. I know that some of them are a bit controversial, *cough*Hitler*Cough*, but they were still great leaders, to an extent, and are very important. And they should do Romania, with Vlad the Impaler, 'cause he's cool. :)
My friends and I were taking bets on how long it would take for this to come up.

Stalin and Mao far from saints, and they're in the game.

Hitler pushes buttons that I'd imagine Firaxis would want to avoid. On top of that, there are several other notable German leaders available to choose from.
I think the reason for excluding Hitler isn't so much the opposition to having a tyrant in the game (e.g. Mao, Stalin) but rather that the game wouldn't currently sell in Germany if they had Hitler. Unfortunate as that is.

As for civs I'd personally like to see, I have no real preference except maybe the Iroquois (they were cool in Civ3), and perhaps a Polynesian civ (just to have someone to represent for Oceania ;) ).

What are the most likely civs though? My opinion:

Known (2):
America, Germany

Extremely Probable (12):
Aztec, China, Egypt, England, France, Greece, India, Japan, Persia, Rome, Russia, Spain

Somewhat Probable (2):
Mongolia, Zululand

Less Probable (4):
Babylon, Arabia, Native America, Vikings

I fully expect all of the first 16 in the game. Out of the 4 less probable civs, I expect we'll see 1 or 2 of these, depending on whether they're going to pull out another random wildcard (like Mali last time).

That's my prediction, anyway. :)

I took ancestral's certain list:

Americans
Aztecs
Chinese
Egyptians
English
French
Germans
Greek
Indians
Japanese
Persians
Romans
Russians
Spanish

And I'll add:

Arabs
Carthage
Mali
Incans

There are so many certain ones, it makes speculation a bit boring.

EDIT: Dropped Babylon, added Inca

Personally I would hope that they would have cultures like English, Germans, Romans, etc. And that the leaders decide which nation of that culture it is.

And that English would have

Americans (Washington)
British (Elizabeth/Churchill)

Germans:

Prussian (Bismarck)
Austrian (Maria Theresia)

Romans:

Rome (Caesaer)
Byzantium (Alexios Commenos)

I am really really hoping they make it easy to create your own civ, complete with leader.
That said, I really hope they keep Catherine for Russia and Hatshepsut for Egypt.
Everything else is irrelevant. :)

Having a civilzation game without Egypt or Aztecs is like having a plain white ice cream in a bowl with no choclate or sprinkles. Its delicious still yes, but it could be EVEN BETTER.

So yeah those are my votes, their two of my top played Civs.

I don't think 18 is enough.

Ethiopia
Mali
Carthage

Possibly only one of those will make it, hopefully.

My order for those 3 are: C,M,E

Well, we know America, Germany & the Aztecs are in. Based upon all past civ games, I'd expect to see;
  • China
  • Egypt
  • France
  • Greece
  • India
  • Rome
  • Russia
These guys are pretty well expected at this point as well;

• Japan
  • Mongols
  • Persia
  • Spain
  • Zulu
Of course there's a wild card option; Babylon. Its been in more past civilization than the remaining civs, but its been in less than the already listed ones.
That leaves two slots left. Based on prior experience with Civ games, it could go to
  • Arabs
  • Carthage
  • Celts
  • Iroquois
  • 'Native Americans'
  • Ottomans
  • Vikings
Personally, I'm going to say Arabs & Iroquois.

On a related note, I see no mention of multiple leaders thus far. Technically, CivIV was the only version to feature more than one possible leader per civ; could they be returning to that older model?

Byzantium AND/OR ottomans must be in the game for me to play.

if Byzantium and ottomans are not in the game i cant buy it. i simply,y cannot bring myself to play any other civilization lately..

i am sort of distressed not one person suggested Byzantium. and lasted longer than any state ( except for kush) and it had a huge influence on other civilizations, Russia, Ottomans and Arabia to name just three.

I'm sure there would be mods and expiation packs to add in new Civilizations to make the people who did not see there favorite Civilization make the cut happy ;).

Personally I would hope that they would have cultures like English, Germans, Romans, etc. And that the leaders decide which nation of that culture it is.

And that English would have

Americans (Washington)
British (Elizabeth/Churchill)

Germans:

Prussian (Bismarck)
Austrian (Maria Theresia)

Romans:

Rome (Caesaer)
Byzantium (Alexios Commenos)

how that would actually be interesting ...

Vikings:

Dano-Norwegian (Canute)
Swedish (Gustav Vasa)

I'm sure there would be mods and expiation packs to add in new Civilizations to make the people who did not see there favorite Civilization make the cut happy ;).

expansions will likely take a year or two.

instead of 18 civs why not 36 (then 42, then 50, Arbitrary numbers)? there is no excuse not to do that. some mods have many more.

It's not really a Civ but how about seeing someone like Che Guevara !!!

We can be creative right ? ^^
I want to play the Cuban with a special ressource like Cigars :)

And how about a civilization like "The original sicilian Mafia", it's kind of a civilization right ?... i might be getting too far here :)

Can't wait for this game anyway

expansions will likely take a year or two.
If Civ4 was anything to go by, it might only take 6 months or so. ;)

instead of 18 civs why not 36 (then 42, then 50, Arbitrary numbers)? there is no excuse not to do that. some mods have many more.
Probably because it takes quite a lot of effort to do all the animations, voices, etc. Plus going from 36 and adding 6-8 with each expansion somehow doesn't feel that impressive. If they set the bar that high, they'd need to add 12-15 civs with each expansion to make it seem like a significant addition. Besides, because you only tend to play with a maximum of 10-18 players at a time (otherwise the game takes too long), there really doesn't seem much need to start off with more than 18 civs. Of course, it'd be nice to see, but I'd rather they put the effort into other aspects of the game first. :)

I really hope there'll be some SE Asia civ as the surprise civ.
It should be a civ that already play a big role for a milennia.
My guess it'll be siamese(SE Asia Mainland)
Or Indonesia(SE Asia Archipelago).
Both of them play a big role since pre colonization era.
But i highly doubt Indonesia. First, Siamese is more popular(although popular doesn't always mean mightier:lol:). Second, piracy level in Indonesia is too high(PC game only cost 5 bucks here, guys:lol:).

Top Bottom