Civ 5: One City Challenge

First-time poster. I gave this a shot as I have played several OCCs recently, I like that they can be completed in one or two sittings.

I won a culture at around 1928. I had four monuments and one manufactory by the end, although I replaced one monument with an additional manufactory while building the Utopia project. I had more great artists than I knew what to do with, I used several for golden ages.

Two civs denounced me within a couple of turns of making contact (coveted my wonders and believed that I was trying win the game in a similar manner), and continued to be hostile towards me until the end of the game. I manage to make DoFs and defensive pacts with their two larger allies. I just had one land unit (plus a worker) and two ships for most of the game. As was mention by other posters, it seemed fairly easy to avoid war for the entire game.

OCC arent too difficult really, although you can only go for a cultural victory.

It gets hard to build wonders later on though because you fall behind in science. I had one as India (for the bollywood achievement) and had a city of size 54!

i tried as Egypt too for the wonder bonus (didnt help after about ankor wat as i fell behind in tech) and scraped a win before rome was about to win on a diplomatic

Best SPs to go for - Tradition, Piety ASAP, Liberty, Freedom and Honor.

Yea Highest One City Challenge win I have had was on Immortal and a Science victory with Egypt I believe.

Haven't ever done it on Deity.

Resurrecting an ancient thread but just tried this challenge and won a cultural victory in 2002.

Interesting game, I felt a lot like a tuna swimming in a sea of sharks at the end. Had any of them seriously attacked me, I would have been finished.

Attachments

• Ramkhamhaeng_0282 AD-2002 one ci.Civ5Save
    1.3 MB · Views: 59
Top Bottom