What Native American tribe do you expect/want?

Which Native American tribe do you expect/want?

• Total voters
The Cherokee developed a writen language rather quickly. They quickly started newspapers and schools etc. Yes some may argue that they copied the settlers and the developing US, but the speed in which they developed and standardized the language was rather impressive.

What is this tomahawk unit? I think I saw a picture that had a Native American with barbarian colors to it, but that could just be another ethnic skin for barbarians.

Yes, you're thinking of the right screenshot. Some of us suspect the entire pic's a set-up, since we doubt a barbarian unit would be that ethnically/regionally/culturally specific, as the barbarian units have always been pretty vague in terms of ethnic/cultural variation. Since the tomahawk weapon, as well as the mohawk hairstyle the unit has, was only prominent in the eastern US, we then conclude perhaps its hinting at an eastern NA civ - note that this can mean any NA group from the Alongquins way up in Canada, to various Ohio and Missisippi river valley folks like the Shawnee, to all the way in the south with the Seminole and Cherokee, so I'd hardly say the Iroqouis would cover that.

Whether you buy that line of argument is another matter altogheter.

Yes, you're thinking of the right screenshot. Some of us suspect the entire pic's a set-up, since we doubt a barbarian unit would be that ethnically/regionally/culturally specific, as the barbarian units have always been pretty vague in terms of ethnic/cultural variation. Since the tomahawk weapon, as well as the mohawk hairstyle the unit has, was only prominent in the eastern US, we then conclude perhaps its hinting at an eastern NA civ - note that this can mean any NA group from the Alongquins way up in Canada, to various Ohio and Missisippi river valley folks like the Shawnee, to all the way in the south with the Seminole and Cherokee, so I'd hardly say the Iroqouis would cover that.

Whether you buy that line of argument is another matter altogheter.

Interesting. If it's not a barbarian, it could very well be the new Native American tribe that was prominent on the Eastern US. Which tribe proved the most troublesome during the Civil War? It could very well be the tribe that will be added if Fireaxis has already expressed it will use Native Americans in the scenario.

I like the idea of the Mississippians, too. I know Cahokia was one of there cities. The Cherokee are looking more likely.

Since a Canadian civ is admitedly not likely I would like to see a Cree civ or other Native Canadian civ show up.

Cascadia!

If they choose the Cherokee tribe who would be a good civ leader? Seqouia?

lol or gators by mere bulldogs for that matter? :king:

Well, none are safe from hurricanes :nuke:

On topic, despite strong arguments for the Cherokee, I still think fireaxis will go for a plains/west tribe. It's just something I see happening.

I really really really wanted Pueblo. Was incredibly excited when they first 'revealed' it only to find out seconds later they had to scrap it

Why did they have to scrap them? I keep seeing the Pueblo mentioned as a scrapped civ, but I can't find why they did that. :confused:

Top Bottom