Future plans for AND2

I'm all for any idea that separates the pathing for founding the different religions.

If CB was removed from the Mono path (and even another early tech put in as a Prereq replacement of CB) then Mono and Hellenism are good examples of distinct and separate paths to found an early religion. The player (human and AI) must make distinct choices in the path they choose take to Found.

Moving Kemet to Poly is a good start but I still see a need for at least 1 more Prereq Tech added before Kemet (at Poly) should be allowed to be Found. Zorast is another one that needs another early Prereq. It's current position in the tech tree path is probably okay ( I'd like to see it one to 2 more columns back myself) if it has another tech or 2 in it's pathing.

And finally if Hindu is moved back then Buddhism needs Mono removed from it's pathing with some other earlier tech.

There isn't really any more room to move prerequisites around in the Ancient Era, and I do not want to add any more techs. My experience from playtesting is that the same player never seems to get both Judaism and Buddhism, no matter how it looks on the tech tree. I think AI's are willing to beeline as far as Judaism and then turn to something else, so another civ gets Buddhism.

My playtesting also showed that the ancient religions were getting pretty well spread out, so I don't think we need to do any more work there after I change these.

My playtesting also showed that the ancient religions were getting pretty well spread out, so I don't think we need to do any more work there after I change these.

I just started a game recently also (rev669), and in that particular game the early religions are all over the place too (even though I got Helen', Tao' and Confu': I think it was too good a start for me). I haven't got up to the later religions yet.

EDIT: I should add that there are at least 18 civilizations at this stage (barbarians have started becoming civilized).

45°38'N-13°47'E;13019391 said:
Maybe I should make myself clear: I wasn't speaking about units/buildings/wonders. I'm talking about new concepts that require heavy dll or python modding. I'm more than happy with Vokarya's additions and units/buildings/wonders improvements. :)

Well, I'm not really capable of doing anything beyond XML and elementary Python at this point, so you don't have anything to worry about there. I do have a couple of ideas that are extrapolations from existing abilities, but I can wait on those. I do think that it might be good to sit back a bit and polish what we have instead of just going more-more-more.

By the way, do you plan to makes change on text files or could i take my time to translate in french ? I have already done around 70% of the basic translation (objects and strategy, not pedia) and i need to improve the dynamic civ names which is really poor on french (it use male adjective whereas it should use feminine).

Do you prefer to receive incremential translation updates or a massive change ?

By the way, do you plan to makes change on text files or could i take my time to translate in french ? I have already done around 70% of the basic translation (objects and strategy, not pedia) and i need to improve the dynamic civ names which is really poor on french (it use male adjective whereas it should use feminine).

Do you prefer to receive incremential translation updates or a massive change ?

As you please; if you can send me those files or upload them somewhere, I'll merge them in one of the next revisions. Thank you. :)

I saw that you published the rev670 so i send you what is done on rev669 so you could merge it (~70%). I'll update my rev to update directly the 670 files that last to translate !

https://mega.co.nz/#!jUICTBBY!IsikgQNChTKIAsFkoV4GdHP5hrNHDo3D3PuEhuG7ZUw

Could you send me back the files that you merged or directly put a new revision so i can work / play on the last version ?

EDIT: I've noticed that only "Vokarya New Content CIV4GameText" has changed so i'll upload directly the finished translation against rev670 when i'll be done.

Altough I am not a fan of puting into the game every religion that ever existed, I think Asatru should be included in the mod. It had at least as big effect on ourdays civilisation as Kemetism did and even greater than Naghuatlism.
Just think of our weekdays: Thirsday = Thor's day, Wednesday = Wodan's (Odin's) day, etc.
I think it would worth it. IMHO :)

45°38'N-13°47'E;13023523 said:
If that's ok with you, I'll merge those files in some of the next revisions. :)

It's not a good idea because I did translation on French tags : )

It's not a good idea because I did translation on French tags : )

Then I'll add one more tag, it shouldn't cause any problem; maybe I'll delay the polish version a bit because I plan to release a new revision in a few hours if I'm able to (i.e. if my son sleeps and I can do it). ;)

I saw that you published the rev670 so i send you what is done on rev669 so you could merge it (~70%). I'll update my rev to update directly the 670 files that last to translate !

https://mega.co.nz/#!jUICTBBY!IsikgQNChTKIAsFkoV4GdHP5hrNHDo3D3PuEhuG7ZUw

Could you send me back the files that you merged or directly put a new revision so i can work / play on the last version ?

EDIT: I've noticed that only "Vokarya New Content CIV4GameText" has changed so i'll upload directly the finished translation against rev670 when i'll be done.

Ok, let me know when you're done so I'll merge the translation when I do the same for the polish version.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13024834 said:
Then I'll add one more tag, it shouldn't cause any problem; maybe I'll delay the polish version a bit because I plan to release a new revision in a few hours if I'm able to (i.e. if my son sleeps and I can do it). ;)

Do you have script/program to add new tags and copy text from my files?

Altough I am not a fan of puting into the game every religion that ever existed, I think Asatru should be included in the mod. It had at least as big effect on ourdays civilisation as Kemetism did and even greater than Naghuatlism.
Just think of our weekdays: Thirsday = Thor's day, Wednesday = Wodan's (Odin's) day, etc.
I think it would worth it. IMHO :)

Maybe we will consider it; I'm also taking shintoism into consideration, but it will come at a later time.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13025055 said:
Maybe we will consider it; I'm also taking shintoism into consideration, but it will come at a later time.

I think those two are worth including, but not much more beyond that. I don't see very many other religions as having the long-term presence that make them worth including in-game. I also think 13 is a great stopping number and that Asatru and Shinto would be good to begin in the Medieval Era (Asatru founds at Rudder, Shinto founds at Feudalism) because the Classical Era is now pretty crowded with 6 religions and putting anything new in the Ancient Era may make it too easily to beeline to.

I think those two are worth including, but not much more beyond that. I don't see very many other religions as having the long-term presence that make them worth including in-game. I also think 13 is a great stopping number and that Asatru and Shinto would be good to begin in the Medieval Era (Asatru founds at Rudder, Shinto founds at Feudalism) because the Classical Era is now pretty crowded with 6 religions and putting anything new in the Ancient Era may make it too easily to beeline to.

I totally agree with you. :)

Have you thought about adding platyping's Great Works component?
I like the idea of great people can make some sort of wonders, that are not buildings/constructions.
Some of the great works they have done are important breakthroughs.

Some extra ideas for
Prophet: Holy books or similar for every religion, a requirement should be that the religion should be in the town
Spy: Breaking/making Enigma
Scientist: Discovery of penicillin/flu vaccine
Artist: a painting (Mona Lisa), a movie, a computer game ([civ4] :) )

Is it possible to found a religion in a new way? I have always found it odd that they come when you discover/learn a technology.
I think a religion should be founded, as a random event, if some conditions are met. It could be that buildings, techs, civics, other religions must be present.

Is it possible to found a religion in a new way? I have always found it odd that they come when you discover/learn a technology.
I think a religion should be founded, as a random event, if some conditions are met. It could be that buildings, techs, civics, other religions must be present.

That would be C2C's 'Divine Prophets' addition, which I have mixed feelings for and am not sure I'd want to see in AND - at least not yet.

I never questioned Buddhism being founded when you research Meditation personally :)

I've found a problem in the balance. The rams are not really vulnerable to melee units. That is not fair because cities are defended with siege ram with 10 strenght. They are more powerful than standard bows.
I think the rams should get a -50% penalty against melee units. Don't you think ?

I've found a problem in the balance. The rams are not really vulnerable to melee units. That is not fair because cities are defended with siege ram with 10 strenght. They are more powerful than standard bows.
I think the rams should get a -50% penalty against melee units. Don't you think ?

Just like when Elephant Cavalry first pop onto the field there's rarely any real counter to them other than "Suicide a unit or two per elephant then clean up the injured unit" it seems :crazyeye:

But yeah, I noticed how tough Siege Rams can be to kill when in a city if you don't have siege of your own or horses with flanking attacks against siege units.
I don't think that a -50% against melee penalty is needed since siege units have always been vulnerable to units like Horse Archers. Take a few with you and the enemy siege units are in trouble :)

Top Bottom