Rise of mankind, AND, AND2, beginnger help

Cyric_74

Chieftain
I just found out about these mods for Civ4 after getting super frustrated with how poor Civ5 is.

I'm confused though, I can't tell which one is the newest mod, or which one is supported or in development. Which one should I be using?

There seems to be so many different versions.

What's the latest of the Rise of Mankind series? Is it A new dawn? Is the 1.76 version the newest? Can someone give me a rundown? And do the modders/developers have a webpage or is all the info found here in the forums?

I did try and sort it out but going on dates of postings it looks what I'm looking at were released around the same time (Dec 09 is the last anyone updated these mods?)

Thanks. :(

This sub forum and this mod AND2.1 is the latest incarnation of the Rise of Mankind/ A New Dawn Modmod series. It is still being refined and updated on a regular basis.

Rise of Mankind (RoM) by Zappara had it's last version in 2.92. Then Zappara walked away from Civ IV BtS. RoM 2.92 can be played but if you use REV Option in it you will eventually start getting CTDs. Without using REV it a fairly stable version that I personally have played since it's introduction. A previous ver 2.91 or even 2.81 Lite are also stable as long as you leave REV turned Off.

A New Dawn (AND) by Afforess was 1st a modmod for RoM and became a stand a lone mod with v 1.75c. Afforess stated that 1.75c was his Last Official version. It is a pretty stable version.

He did later start a beta series at 1.76 of which this Current AND Mod is based off of. Afforess handed over the SVN code to 45*38'N almost 2 years ago. AND became AND2.1 and is in testing and refining for AND 2.2.

So there you go.

And Welcome back the BtS and Civ IV

JosEPh

Thanks Joseph, that definitely helps.

I'm just trying to get the SVN stuff set up and going now, looking forward to checking it out.

This is honestly the best mod (in my humble opinion), and the smart option is go with the SVN (I use TortoiseSVN). 45*38'N has add so much. Let us know if you can't get SVN working.

This mod will speed up your in game, have better AI, and include tons of new features. It can be a little overwhelming at first.

I never bought Civilization V because, besides being graphically superior, it can never be as good as Civ IV modded. (I did play vanilla Civ V through OnLive)

Top Bottom