Diplomatic Victory

Zorn

Prince
In my latest game, I was trying for a diplomatic victory.
I was nice to most civs, and had so much population, that once the election came, I was pretty confident I would win.
I buildt both the UN and the UN Mission.
Then the election came, I chose the "Win" option - and was promted to selcect among three random other leaders (one of them my vassal, for crying out loud!).
Whats going on there? What am I supposed to do to be elegable for a diplomatic win other that build both wonders, be UN president and have more population that the rest of the world together.

In my latest game, I was trying for a diplomatic victory.
I was nice to most civs, and had so much population, that once the election came, I was pretty confident I would win.
I buildt both the UN and the UN Mission.
Then the election came, I chose the "Win" option - and was promted to selcect among three random other leaders (one of them my vassal, for crying out loud!).
Whats going on there? What am I supposed to do to be elegable for a diplomatic win other that build both wonders, be UN president and have more population that the rest of the world together.

Other eligible leaders are not "random": they are the biggest civs OR those who have built UN Mission (there are maximum 3 of them). Moreover, if you and your vassals already have the required votes so that you can be elected as a world leader, you cannot be elected. You need to have less of the required votes (you+your vassals) and hence need some other civs votes. This is also in default civ. Have you+your vassals more than the needed votes by yourself to be elected? If so, you can't be elected. If you+your vassals haven't enough votes with your civilizations only and you can't be elected anyway, then there might be something else. How many votes are needed to be elected in your game? And how many votes do you+your vassals have?

Edit: "have more population that the rest of the world together" that could be the problem. As I said if you have enough votes to be elected with only your votes and those of your vassals, you can't be elected. There's no diplomacy in winning a diplomatic victory without diplomacy but just because you already have the majority of votes. ;)

Hm, I see the point. I remember this being called "backdoor domination victory" somewhere on these forums before.
Sucks, though.

Should've pick Domination Victory zorn. You'd have that one in the bag. ;)

JosEPh :)

Well, it would still be no problem to walk over any AI, but I had quite a lot military victories recently, and was trying something new.
And a diplo victory is something I never archieved in Civ 4, so I wanted to give it a try.
And considering my urge for expansion, I never will. O well.

Top Bottom