We´re not all barbarians

for japan, we just need 1 gallon.
he start from korea with unit prefilled , drop they to the promised land and can come back in the same turn.
the japan fleet can do no arm to him. but i agree, 2 or more is better ^^

start with crossbowmen on a montain :p

I propose get back the cyrus army (he is at war with india)
build 1 gallon in korea and a fregate in our other port.

I propose not to delay too mutch our small army for south america.
america is a race, japan, is already ours (japan played by IA is never a factor in earth 18)
we will face lots of samourai but we can catch riflemen and cavelry in not so mutch time.

comunism is not a monopoly, i would trade it ASAP.

Well, technically you are right and we only need one galleon to do the ferry work, but that is if we can secure the seas and for that you need more than one frigate ( I have 2 queued ... should be enough if well manoeuvred ). I also recalled one of the caravels ( was in Chinese shores ) to upgrade it.

I think that the main issue with tech trading now is the lack of good trade options and that is why I suggested holding it a little. It is risky, but trading Communism for 4 turns of RP is really unappealing.

Anyway, I'll try to play tonight, if people do not push me to do mod work as happened yesterday :(

Ok, as I can't play the whole set today, I'll just let the save here and pick it tomorrow.

Highlights:

Traded Commie for a bunch of maps, some cash and constitution + Economics. Not ideal , but there were no better options.

Captured the Aussie and the Argentinian barb cities. There is atleast one extra barb city in Venezuela ( I suspect there is other in the black fog in the middle of S. America , since there is a road from there to north )

I already have a galleon in Korea + one frigate ( 2 other coming soon ). Gave a peek to Japanese garrisons and they seem very beatable with rifles + trebs.

Lots of ppl going Emancipation :(

Asoka capped to Cyrus. Not ideal, this :/

things seems to look nice.
I propose you built a settler or 2 in australia (in othrar)
There is always a barb city north of circasian, the road should lead you there.

For japan:
do we try to capitulate japan or erase them completely?
In this map, i usualy let asian countries to live on the pacific islands and only keep their motherland.

why did you not used armies from new serai? we are quite friendish with cyrus (althrought china seems more like a problem)

Erase completely. Gateway to the pacific and a few nice cities plus they won't contribute anything apart from unhappy citizens.

Sorry for not deliver the save yesterday, but I had something unexpected to do ...

Anyway, I played 4 more turns, up to Rifling. Not much happened from the previous save, besides capturing another S. American city, we getting some more frigates ( 3 of them , currently bombing the Japanese cap/blockading ) and denying gunpowder 2 times to Monty ( 3 times in this set... geez :( ) and our army from the west is scheduled to get to our shores in 3 turns.

I don't have much of time today to post a report. Anyway, here is the save and hopefully tomorrow I'll do it

riffle can be traded for corporation+money to french and then traded + money for democracy to catherine. older tech can be traded for money for upgrade of army.

do we change to emancipation?
I thought it was a good idea to change to free speech while in golden age :/

rolo is it possible to download the save without installing iLivid?

I can't download either without installing iLivid. Sorry, I am NOT installing software just to get a couple of the save.

It looks that you were both deceived by the advertising :/ The real download button is the "request download ticket" down there ... it will open a captcha and then it has a "Continue"->"Start download" button on the bottom of the page.

Sorry, it is just that I normally don't download from this filehost via browser ( I use jdownloader ), so I didn't knew it was so misleading. OTOH it has no timer like rapidshare ...

Silly me, deceived by the advertising, its perfectly straightforwards once it's been explained.

Got it.

1670ad. 10 turns played.

Lowlights:
Captured Kyoto, lost some units but that's to be expected.

Existing GG became a chariot doctor. New GG founded a military academy in Karakorum after we traded for milsci.

Completed biology. Traded some techs:
Cat: rifling for corporation.
Louis: rifling, bio for milsci, steam.
Sal: bio for steel.
Liz: bio, rifling for phsyics, 120g.
Mansa: bio for democracy.
Currently researching artillery.

Currently we have a stack near Osaka:

We have a flotilla heading towards Tokyo and Satsuma:

We've settled another city in Australia. Settler in place to build another city. Qin has been busy in Qinsland:

We've settled 2 cities in South America, 2 settlers en route to c spots. 3 cuirassiers are en route to South America.

Sal has broken free from Cyrus. Asoka has vassalised to Cyrus. Cyrus busy fighting Hats. Honey has vassalised to Monte. We've met Roosevelt. Qin isn't wheoorn at the moment but is our most likely threat.

We've brokered some new resource trades. Can't remember the details.

We've popped 2 Great Prophets who are meditating in Beshbalik.

We've also somehow become the Resident of the Jewish Apostolic Palace.

Tech situation (everyone else is relatively primitive):

General situation:

Save:

Ok by me but we'll see what the rest of the team think. I assume you're fairly comfortable on monarch+.

I don't really care ;). It may be that I'm back sooner than expected, at least I got a new shiny PC now. If I'm lucky I have Internet at the 15th and can play again...

Seems awful late to add to the roster...

On one hand it's a bit late indeed, on the other I'm positive to stimulating SG enthusiasm.

Better late than never. randyrules is in.

Roster

nocho UP

LK on deck

randyrules

?imhotep

cripp7

astre

r_rolo1 :bowdown:

randyrules if you're not familiar with SGs some basic ettiquette:

When its your turn post a 'got it' after you've succesfully loaded the save. Standard is 48 hours to post got it then 24 hours to play; variation is common but excessive delay is upsetting to others.

If you can't play your set for whatever reason then post a skip or swop with next player.

Its good to follow the game in other people's sets and making suggestions or asking questions is even better.

If you're going to criticise be constructive, post alternatives and justify the alternatives.

Don't be destructive (there's a fine line between teasing and alienating people).

OMG! Our fearless but overcivilized leader pigswill just dropped himself from the roster! :p (this is not meant in a destructive manner ;))

Got it.

Plan is to rid the world of the land of the rising sun. Or rather, claim it as ours. Tech arty, but maybe squeeze some turns of railroad to hope to trade that with Cathy for physics. If she gets physics by herself, do something similar with arty instead. After that assembly line looks appealing.

If possible get a boatload of workers to South America. Fully workshopped and watermilled it'll be great land, but we should get rid of those uncivilized jungles of the Amazon. I'm wondering if those cottages in South America were fully intentional btw...

We can build WS and IW. I'd propose WS in Beshbalik and IW in Turfan, which needs a levee first. We might as well settle those 2 GPrs in Beshbalik if WS goes there.

Last but not least, should we revolt to rep for 1 turn of anarchy? I think it's probably worth it.

Top Bottom