Fear, Loathing, and Gumbo on the Campaign Night - [Gamethread]

Omega124

Challenging Fate

Link to video.

Fear, Loathing, and Gumbo on the Campaign Night

The year is 197X. The American spirit is in shambles.

The nation has been rotting to its core after the defeat of fascism. The New Deal Coalition, an alliance of conservative Dixiecrats and northern Progressives, started to show cracks in 1948, but started to fall apart in the cataclysmic 1960s. Attempts to concede rights to blacks and criminals have caused a backlash to the conservative "silent majority", which has only escalated after the divisive entrance into Vietnam.

It was only a matter of time before the parties realigned themselves. Nixon thought he could court the Dixiecrats into the Republican fold, creating a broad coalition of conservative values. What he didn't expect, however, was for a grassroots movement led by Governor John McKeithen of Louisiana to eventually take over the Democratic party on the national scale. With the Dixiecrats in control of the Democratic party for the first time since the establishment of the New Deal Coalition, and Nixon's broad conservative coalition discredited, now both parties lacked any unifying core values.

And behind all this chaos, Rumsfeld sees his chance for power...

Set Up

- There are four distinct teams within Campaign Night, some of which are competing against each other.

- The Rummies are the game's equilivent of the mafia. The Rummies will be able to kill one player of their choice every night. All Rummies start off the game knowing the idendity of the other Rummies, allowing them to coordinate their end strategies. Their end goal is to outnumber everyone else on the Campaign Trail, in which the game will stop and victory will be declared.

- There is no generic townie faction. Instead, the role often associated with the Townies are the Democrats and the Republicans. The Democrats and the Republicans are competing with one another for the grand prize of the oval office. Therefore, eliminating the Rummies is not enough for either side to claim victory. The other, competing party must also be removed from the game, in which that case the remaining party will win.

- Non-Rummy players will know their own party affiliation, but not the affiliation of others. Both the Democrats and the Republicans will have a Party Boss role, who will have the ability to scan players at night. If they scan a player of their respective party, then that player will learn the affiliation of their party boss and any other players the party boss has successfully scanned.

- There are also a few Independents, whose exact role will vary greatly from each Independent to the next. Most Independents win simply by surviving to the end of the game; a few have more involved victory conditions.

- There are rumors on the campaign trail there is also another faction. Depending on the amount of sign ups I get, they may or may not be true....

-This game is designed for 20 people. I can certainly add roles if interest outstreches 20 people, but I would like at least 20.

Posting and Cmmunication

- Only Day posting is allowed. There will be no night posting

- Do not quote or screenshot your role PM. Do not post any QT links until the game concludes. Feel free to bluff your party affiliation, however.

- No private communications outside the host designated QT links. There are three QTs in play at the game, one for the three main groups. All Rummies will be invited to their QT. However, for the townie factions, only the party boss will have the link to it; you must successfully scanned by your party boss to get an invite. I, not the party boss, will give the physical link to the person once scanned

- Do not edit vote posts. Posts with votes that are edited will be ignored. Non vote posts, however, are fine, but please reserve just for fixing typos or what not. Honor system here.

- Dead players are encouraged to post one "aaaaaargh" esque post after death so I am aware that they are aware that they died, but no theroying or role revealing of others allowed. No further posts are then allowed.

- If someone posts YOU JUST ACTIVATED MY TRAP CARD!, then they are playing a specific role ability which requires me to step in. Everyone is barred from posting until I resolve their ability. Anyone who falsely posts this phrase without having such an ability will be kicked (since it disrupts the flow of the game). Time will be added if the ability is played near lock or if it takes me an extended period to respond (at least one hour).

- I reserve to WOG or replace inactive players.

Day and Night

-Day is 48 H, Night is 24 H

-As stated, I may extend the time of a phase if someone activates an ability I have to resolve in the middle of a phase. No ability is in play which extends the deadline by itself

- A timer will be used.

- I will try to be active on vote tallies. Vote tallies not done by me are unofficial, but are greatly appreciated to help check my work, since I'm only human.

- During the day, all players will vote to lynch in a manner such as Vote:Omega. Vote tags are mandatory, unvote tags are appreciated but not mandatory

- You may not vote to abstain, but you may vote to no lynch. In America, you have the right to habeus corpus and to face your accuser.

- Tiebreakers will be resolved by coin flip. If primaries can do it, so can I. Don't let it get to a tie.

- Players alignments will be revealed on death, but not their role. Alignments will be always true at the time of the player's death, which could or could not have changed at the start of the game. Scans may or may not be accurate depending on the role, be warned

- During night, besides the mafia kill, certain players might have night abilities. If you have them, PM me what you want to do with them (if at all. Don't spam my PM box if you're not going to use it that round)

1. SouthernKing
2. Terran Empress
3. Jarrema
4. Double A
5. Martin Luther Vice President Hubert Humphry (Lynched Day 1)
6. JoannaK Perennial Presidential Candidate Ronald Reagan (Killed Night 6)
7. KaiserElectric
8. Civ'ed
9. Mat93 Governor Ed Crane (Killed Night 7)
10. Robert Can't Chief of Staff Richard "Dick" Cheney (Lynched Day 3)
11. Tolni President George Wallace (Killed Night 5)
12. Red Spy Kicked
13. Snerk
14. Golden1Knight
15. Atheotes President James T. Gavin (Killed Night 1)
16. Spaceman98 Vice President Jack Edwards (Lynched Day 4)
17. KingMorgan U.S. Represenative Ron Dellums (Killed Night 4)
18. Legato Endless
19. Zack dropped
20. Lohrenswald Speaker of the House Trent Lott (Lynched Day 6)
21. DuffKilligan
22. Kennigit Rummy Insider Sarah Heath (Lynched Day 5)
23. Choxorn President Donald Rumsfeld (Lynched Day 2)
24. Christos
25. Takhisis
26. MartinLuther Redux
27. Winston Hughes

Reserves:
1. Visorslash
2. BSmith

Day 0

Link to video.
[TIMER=4/10/2016 5:00 PM EDT; END OF DAY 1][/TIMER]​

The election cycle has started in full swing. The Democrats and the Republicans, with the chaos of the Second Great Depression and rising tensions domestically and internationally, have practically fallen apart on the organizational level. The Rummies see their chance to install themselves into power admist this chaos; while the independents want to hold on to whatever power they currently rest on.

No one really knows who is going to win this election. However, one thing is for certain; like 1968, this election is going to get
violent.

Spoiler Kill :
The American Innocence was murdered by the Rummies!
The American Innocence was American

Peace in our time, gentlemen.

Since this came up twice, I just want to say it:

Don't say the name of your role. They're based off the story, so knowing the name will tend to give away what you can do for the people who've read it (and I know some of you have). So please, don't share the names.

Since this came up twice, I just want to say it:

Don't say the name of your role. They're based off the story, so knowing the name will tend to give away what you can do for the people who've read it (and I know some of you have). So please, don't share the names.

Hard Claim: Barack Obama

Mr. Party Boss, please scan me tonight so we can get this show on the road. I suggest a campaign strategy of murdering the opposition.

Agnew worst president! What're you talking about Megs! >:'c

I know you're joking, but Obama actually does appear in the story, as a historian from the present writing about the 70s. :p

Thanks Obama

vote: Civ'ed :wavey:

If I remember correctly the sign up thread said this game would have major spoilers on the story

That presumes the American electorate and thos game's voter base cares to read

A grave assumption to make

ANYWAYS LETS ALL LOOK AT HOW CUTE CHECKERS THE DOG IS

Read my lips. Cute dogs for everyone!!

I know you're joking, but Obama actually does appear in the story, as a historian from the present writing about the 70s. :p

Don't forget about his cameo roll smuggling Jimmy Carter across the country.

Mr. Party Boss, please scan me tonight so we can get this show on the road. I suggest a campaign strategy of murdering the opposition.

Political oppurtunism at it's finest

Vote: Zack

Y'all are unamerican, 'specially that there GM who ain't sent me my Rôle PM. Until I'm given me rôle PM, I'm keepin me accent from the last game.

Edit: apparently I am not on the player list. :faint:

Top Bottom