I know what Civs there are before I met them

seanflokstra7

Prince
If I go to the diplomacy screen, and I go to the trade section, I go to the ''declare war on'' section. I can see what other Civilizations there are even if I haven't met them. Is this supposed to happen, or is it a glitch?

You can also see how many cities they have (other than their capital) by opening it up in the trading menu. This will show you cities you haven't seen yet.

I used this as Ethiopia to decide whether or not I should go to war :)

i noticed this some weeks ago.
you can also se when a civ you havent met conquers an other civ you havent met.
i was playing continent and hadnt meet the civs on the other continent but a text came up that said
that shaka has conquerd a capital. this should be fixed immediately

Not too harmful surely?

You can tell when you have Celts or Ethiopia when someone founds a religion on turn 10 too.

I suppose trying to catch all of these little glitches is a "bridge too far"... bigger problems could be created by trying to fix minor issues.....

One that I noticed ages ago, and which I guess Firaxis doesn't view as a glitch, is that if you find a natural wonder and mouse over the notification icon it will tell you how many are left yet to find....

If it says "5"....then you now know that the Great Barrier Reef is awaiting your anxious and impatient discovery...well, if you are Spain anyway..... ;)

Yeah its a glitch. You can also see what civs there are if a capital is captured. It will say something like: "Shaka is now in control of the most capitals (2)". Personally, I don't exploit this, although a lost capital always grabs my attention. Now if only it will grab the attention of LPers...

I hope they fix this. It`s a small oversight, but very annoying if you accidentally go there and spot who you haven`t met yet. Come one, Firaxis, give us a hot fix!

Yeah its a glitch. You can also see what civs there are if a capital is captured. It will say something like: "Shaka is now in control of the most capitals (2)". Personally, I don't exploit this, although a lost capital always grabs my attention. Now if only it will grab the attention of LPers...

Yeah. Also, if you hover your mouse over an unknown AI's border, it'll tell you who it belongs to. It should say Unmet Player

Or a faith goodie hut. I once hit one on turn five and laughed to think the rest of the civs would think Celts were in the game.

Less glitchy little trick: when you're trying to found the world congress, you can tell what civs and how many the other civs have met yet by going to the "cultural influence by player" screen.

Top Bottom