Typhlomence's Civilizations

That last half was too moe for my poor kokoro.

I was about to mention how that could start stacking rather quickly with writers and artists, but then I noticed you nerfed their generation, so good call on that! :lol:
Yes. I know not everyone finds civilizations with penalties appealing, but I think that it can allow for some more interesting gameplay. In this case, Ho-kago is definitely a civ for Cultural Victories (because what else?) but you'll have to do it solely through your music. Well, you could build a lot of wonders too, but Yui gets nothing to help with that.

I like the multiple UU/UB idea -- I'd been tossing around something similar if I ever got around to doing a civ based on the Shantae games. :3 It should certainly add an extra dimension to city placement -- "Do I want to build this city here to get better siege units, or over here for something else...?"

Still, it might be worthwhile to have at least something else basic in the UA, to create a sense of unity between the multiple kingdoms that would be shared between each, and hopefully reflective on Daisy herself. Something mercantile, like the original UA?
Well, I do still have that bit for international trade routes, but as I said, subject to change. The reason for the bits with "resource only you have" is to encourage expanding specifically to areas that have resources you don't have already, which should also mean a variety of terrain types (and therefore, more kingdoms).

So, if you were wondering why I wanted to convert that Geisha model, well...
Spoiler :
Texture was mostly remade from scratch by me, but the model itself is fairly unmodified. Only changes are a new head modelled after Mio's, and adding the kimono's bow on the back.
Of course, it changes once you reach the Industrial Era, too.
Spoiler :
A mash up of two custom Civ 4 models (I took the head from the same place as Mio's) which are significantly modified. It took me quite a few hours to do since I made the UV mapping and texture completely from scratch. I could probably improve it some other time, but it'll do for now.

I also made Azusa's guitar myself by tracing around a stock photo of the real-life version - it's a fairly simple model, but it works fine for CiV.

I have made good progress on Yui, but... I want to release something else for April Fools, and I've still got quite a bit to do if I want to get it finished within a week. So I'll have to put her on hold for a little bit and get my finger out.

What the April Fools' civ will be is a surprise, but it's not something I've showed off previously. ;)

What the April Fools' civ will be is a surprise, but it's not something I've showed off previously. ;)

Except for DarkScythe, who got SECRET HINTS... :p

The models are looking great, though! Once we're both more freed up, I'll have to poke you about getting a proper Chiyuri model in the game! And a cuter witch model would be nice as well. :3

It's just a bit late for April Fools', but hopefully you don't mind that. Without further ado, my April Fools' civ is here:

100% Orange Juice civilization, led by Tomomo
The magical girl idol who created everyone is here to cause havoc!
Compatible with: Unique Cultural influence, Cultural Diversity, Rise to Power, Map Labels, Exploration Continued Expanded, Mercenaries, Cities in Development, Ethnic Units
Direct download | Steam Workshop

Spoiler :
Okay, that was probably a bad joke; I'm not good at them. I did want to release a civilization in time for April Fools' day, but unfortunately I couldn't get it finished in time. Most of the code and art is done, but I still have one 3D model to make and the leader's diplomacy lines to do, among other small things, and I'm certainly not releasing until they're complete. However, I'm not going to leave you guys empty handed: have a couple of screenshots, and feel free to guess what these might be. (It's not the above, I'll say that much. :p)

Same here. :p

The magma thing does look really cool, actually! Although, I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed it's not the 100% Orange Juice civilization now. It just looks so cute. XD

Finally I have this model done.
Spoiler :

My main issue with completing this is that I wanted a unit model that looked like a person equipped with this kind of thing:
Spoiler :
Obviously, I don't have the modelling or texturing skills to replicate it completely, and CiV doesn't have the skeleton to make it work properly, but I still wanted to get something that looked like that and looked decent enough. So quite a bit of time was spent with me wrangling over what I could model myself to represent it.

Also, I put half of the members on the XCOM skeleton too (hence why they have the XCOM's plasma rifle) since I wanted some of them to use an energy weapon instead of using their swords. The suit shoots stuff out of those large hands, which I can't really do while making it look good. The sword-wielders do use the GDR's railgun instead of torches when attacking cities and aircraft, though.

Oooooooooh, so that's the model you've been working on! I see what you meant about having so many bits on it... XD

Really nice exoskeleton! Although, couldn't you just do something like the wizard animations, and have their attacks be GDR railgun energy balls that they fling from their hands? (I'm not quite sure how the animation would work with the plasma beam, but I've seen other spellcasters shooting the dromon fire and it looks okay, so I figure it'd work too...)

With any luck, I'm hoping to have this ready tomorrow.
Spoiler :

(Yes, I know about the typo.)

Now that I've said that, though, it probably won't be... :p

So, three weeks late, here she is at last - Mirai Suenaga of Culture Japan! And not just leading one, but two civilizations. :)
Spoiler :

Culture Japan / Sorunia civilization, led by Mirai Suenaga
Compatible with: Unique Cultural Influence, Cultural Diversity, Rise to Power, Civ IV Traits, ExCE, Map Labels, Wish for the World, Mercenaries, Cities in Development, Ethnic Units/R.E.D, Enlightenment Era, YnAEMP (Culture Japan only, and only on v23 maps)
Direct download | Steam Workshop

Culture Japan

Sorunia

Yes, Culture Japan is an odd thing to make a civilization of, but this was for April Fools' originally (though something I always considered doing). However, I ended up making one for Sorunia as well, which is the planet on which Mirai Suenaga's anime (that's been planned for at least six years now) is set. That was tricky to pick the second unique for, but I ended up finding a mention of the Magma Array here.

Despite being led by the same person, the two civs have vastly different focuses. As befitting the purpose of the Culture Japan brand, the Culture Japan civilization is heavily geared towards Cultural Victories. The UU Smart Doll is the main feature to achieve this with its special ability, but it needs support from the other abilites that boost Tourism to reach its full potential. I also gave the Smart Doll the ability to upgrade to a military unit just because I felt that would be a fun idea, but it's limited to war time since the Smart Doll in real-life is meant to bring people together, not be a war machine. :p

When leading Culture Japan, Mirai will change appearance depending on the terrain surrounding her capital - there are three possibilities for it. She'll also have special responses if you're playing as Japan yourself (e.g. Oda Nobunaga, or JFD's Meiji).

Sorunia, however, probably goes well with a Domination Victory. While not listed in the image up there, improving and working Sorunix provides your Melee and Armoured units with special promotions to make them more effective in battle, and in the late game, the free airlifting will increase your mobility by a lot (especially after you capture enemy cities). Magma Arrays will provide high production to back your military, and you can get some very strong Retrograde Suit Troopers depending on where your Sorunix spawns.

Here's an album with more images - these are included on the workshop page as well, but I have some more detailed explanations of the civilizations and their abilities on there too.

I hope you enjoy it! :D

This looks awesome and very well thoughtout. Great work! Gonna download now :)

What happened to Rosalina and the Comet Observatory?
Or am i just stupid and missed an update post?

What happened to Rosalina and the Comet Observatory?
Or am i just stupid and missed an update post?

No, you're not stupid. I've just been waylaid by the Neptunia subreddit and have neglected to post any updates in a while, or heck, do much work on anything CiV related.

So, I guess I should probably let people know how the announcement of Civ VI is going to affect what I'm up to, even though there's not many people who actually watch my thread. :p

To be honest... probably not much. I'll still want to realise all of the things I have planned in the OP, even though I probably won't get them all done before the release. Unless Civ VI is that good I'll likely not buy it on release anyway because I'm a cheapskate as around that time I'll have a lot of real life stuff on my plate as well.

What will probably change is the order I might tackle stuff. Ho-kago Tea Time and Sarasaland will still be my next two civs, but I want to try to look at Rosalina again now that I've more experience and see if I can get a release for her before Civ VI comes out. Especially since she's one of the reasons I started modding.

Another thing that I want to get out too is something I've not yet discussed in this thread, though I've chatted to some people about it:
Spoiler :
Vicevirtuoso has no real intention of making any more Neptunia civilizations, since he's lost interest in the series IIRC and also finds those two characters rather bland. Nonetheless, I don't want to leave the Lowee twins as the only main characters in the series that don't have a civilization that uses his awesome Shares system. I'll have to play Re;Birth2 first before I feel confident at giving them a shot, though. Conquest Ending ho!

Top Bottom