Any Good (yet)?

VCrakeV

Prince
So, as soon as BERT came out, I checked reviews, videos, etc., and was quite disappointed. Academy spam was still an issue, hybridization seemed to add very little to diversity, and the game was generally in need of balance and choice. Has there been any patches since release that have fixed things? Any unofficial mods for balance?

From what I can tell, people were generally disappointed and went back to CiV

Not sure what reviews and videos you've looked at, but Academy Spam is no longer a good strategy, it's way too slow. It's easy to win in ~170 turns with other Strategies on all Standard Settings, and there are some victory times that are far below that.

Which is still the main problem with the game, it just ends way too quickly and doesn't have enough depth to really encourage getting deeper into it. Rising Tide added a lot of "fluff" that made the game more interesting, but didn't address that problem.

Has there even been a patch this year ?

The game certainly has it's flaws but I don't really go on reviews - I prefer to judge for myself. I enjoy BERT and see it is a nice alternative when I get bored of Civ 5 (or Civ 4 which I also still play). Not sure about the patches but there are a few mods out there - just have a look on this forum

i am going on my 4th single player game now, already about to win on apollo. I also have done 3 multiplayer games with a friend, 1 with a 2:2 and another FFA 8 way.

I have to say the game gives so many ways to do so many things, its fun. But i am already starting to see the "easy" and fast ways to win, without even having to look anything up.

I think the game is fun, and i think you could get at least 100 hours of fun gameplay, but may get boring fairly quickly after you master it.

I hope there is some huge MOD balance patch that cames out soon, the ONLY balances...

So, as soon as BERT came out, I checked reviews, videos, etc., and was quite disappointed. Academy spam was still an issue, hybridization seemed to add very little to diversity, and the game was generally in need of balance and choice. Has there been any patches since release that have fixed things? Any unofficial mods for balance?

BERT is as "Good" or "Bad" as Civ 5 at this point.

I just played back to back games of both and in terms of gameplay, challenge, there is little difference between them. There are some features in Civ 5 which I think are better handled in BERT and vice versa. The AI in both has issues. It really comes down to personal preference at this point.

BE/BERT sucks. Civ 5 with all its expansions + DLC is just a far more polished product.

Top Bottom