Fairy Tale

That is indeed a bug. Thanks for reporting. I'll check it on my other computer (on which i have the patched version of FT installed) to see if that one has the same problem as you are having. In that case it might only be some little thing missing. It shouldn't screw up the game though. I'll get on it ASAP. Thanks for telling me!

EDIT: Actually, I tested it on the other computer as well. That one runs Fairy Tale exactly as downloaded from ModDB. I do that to check for errors in the mod, and the Tech Tree worked really OK. There seems to be something missing on your system. I guess it wouldn't even run without BtS Patch 3.19, but it's worth asking if you have the patch installed...? It can also have something to do with BUG, but I don't know what, since the mod works OK on the other computer which doesn't have BUG preinstalled.

Does anyone else have this problem? If we find two with the same problem, we can probably isolate it.

Yes I have the patch installed. It only happens with your mod but this is a rather old installation with several other mods, might be a conflict. I've been playing it regardless and wow, I love the mod.

I'll probably try a fresh install, usually fixes that kind of stuff, probably a corrupted file or something. Reinstalling all the expansions, patches and mods takes forever so it will wait a few days.

For your info:
Expansions: Got Warlords and BTS, Patch 3.19
BTS Mods: CarterEarth, FfH Age of Ice, Gods of Old, Modern Era Warfare, Next War, Planetfall v11, Rhye's and Fall of Civilization, Star Trek, Fairy Tale
The mod's installed in the program's directory (not my documents)

Thanks for the compliment!

As long as it doesn't interfere with gameplay, there should be no problem. Please report later when you've done the clean install. Most computer problems do indeed require the "reboot". :lol:

The mods you're running shouldn't pose any problems with conflicts. I have most of them myself.

I'll upload a couple of screenshots of the Tech Tree later on tonight and post it right here for you to see. :) ...Here we are...

Attachments

• TechTree.jpg
    TechTree.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 141
Hey Le Sage,

Your mod has alot of potential and, even if you do no further improvements, it's still a great standalone game. Excellent Job!

One thing I noticed when playing the Collective War scenario...the Snakestrike spell (sp?). I noticed that these were meant to be used as missiles. The range is too short to act as fighters and bombers. However, the archmage is set up to carry 4 missiles. Yet, when I tried to rebase the spell onto the archmage, it would no go to him. I am assuming you were planning to have the spell to be carried by the archmage / magician (a mage casting spells). To do this, you may have to change the spell to a missile unit and not as a bomber which it currently is.

If this was not the intention, you may wish to rework the spell since a range of 2 is way too short to be useful except as a defensive bombardment of approaching attackers.

Hey. Thanks for the comments and compliments!

The Snaketrail is based on the cruise missile. The funny buttons are still there too and I need to change them. The spell can be loaded onto the mages inside cities, and it won't work to load them when the mage is standing outside. When they're loaded you can bring your mage in range of enemy cities and let the spells loose.

I must admit that I didn't test the spells enough. I can change the range easily and it will be done in the next update. The Elven Enchantress and the Collective Sorceress can also carry a spell each.

Thanks again for your suggestions. I'll work on the spell now and also update those irritating airplane buttons!

Yeyyyy!!! Python News!

I posted this on another thread, but I really want it here too. In the next update of Fairy Tale, you'll be able to defeat the Demon King. This victory condition demanded Python, and as I am no Python expert fo sure, this is great news. I have been successful in constructing my own small Python addition for my own mod. For me, this is great news and opens such a lot of doors.

It seems I have just put together my OWN first Python addition! The Python I created yesterday didn't work properly as the Victory was never announced right and the pop-up never appeared. That made me think that the computer didn't want to force the pop-up during the process of a battle, so I thought that I might actually change my Python to be executed upon the conclusion of the battle instead! By calling onCombatResult, instead of onUnitKilled.

I have created this Python tonight and I have now tested it and it runs perfectly! I am so happy I could jump out the window. Of course, I used all knowledge I had gathered from the previous days Pythoning and used all the tips by The_J, SaibotLieh, Phungus and EmperorFool, but this is my own! All my own!

I post it here for pro-pythoners to have a look at. I've tested it already and it works like a charm, but if there are modifications to it that could be proposed, I'm open to comments. Right now I'm going through the roof from happiness.

Now I need to go entertain the Swedish swimsuit babe I live together with. I've neglected her for Python these past days and now she need to watch Britain's Most Haunted with me!

Spoiler :

PHP:
# Baddykill
# Kill the Bad Guy, win the game!

from CvPythonExtensions import *
import BugUtil
import PyHelpers

gc = CyGlobalContext()
PyPlayer = PyHelpers.PyPlayer
PyInfo = PyHelpers.PyInfo

def onCombatResult(argsList):
	'Combat Result'
	pWinner,pLoser = argsList
	playerX = PyPlayer(pWinner.getOwner())
	unitX = PyInfo.UnitInfo(pWinner.getUnitType())
	playerY = PyPlayer(pLoser.getOwner())
	unitY = PyInfo.UnitInfo(pLoser.getUnitType())
	unit, iAttacker = argsList
	iBaddy = gc.getInfoTypeForString("UNITCLASS_DEMON_KING")
	if (pLoser.getUnitClassType() == iBaddy):
		CyGame().setWinner(pWinner.getTeam(), gc.getInfoTypeForString("VICTORY_CONQUEST"))

Update 5b

This Update upgrades Fairy Tale to Version 5b. This Update requires the previous Full install of Fairy Tale Version 5 as well as Update 5a.

To Install, simpy unzip the Fairy Tale folder to your mods folder in your Beyond the Sword directory (NOT the MyGames folder) where you initially installed the game. Overwrite where asked. It is strongly adviced that you finish your ongoing games before installing the update, since this update may invalidate saved games, due to the great amount of changes.

The main update in 5b is the inclusion of the Imperial Scenario "The Great War". This lets you play the Empire as it is assaulted by a powerful alliance of powers led by the Demon King himself. Your mission is to defeat the alliance and rid the world of the Demon King by finally killing him. The onslaught will come from the east; you need to prepare your defences and gather intelligence while you research technologies to finally be able to mount a counterattack. Your only ally is Crystallin, which is standing faithfully at the Imperial side, and the future of the Known World hangs in balance as this monumental fight between good and evil takes off.

Note that the scenario "The Great War" is played on a huge 100x100 tiles map. This update has been checked to be working on several computers. The manual is opened by opening the ReadMe.html file supplied with the mod, and the Version History can be studied in the manual as well.

Download

The Great War

The Collective War saw the defeat of the dark armies of the Demon King, yet that war was only a clash with his advance guards. In fury and anger, the Demon King resurrected Old Zuur, the long-forgotten, dead civilization that had once met its inevitable doom in great, unrecorded, mythical wars. The Demon rose from his underground haven to walk the Earth and to, in person, direct his armies towards the final goal of destroying all of civilization. He set down his banner in Zuur, on Black Dragon Island.

In the meantime, the Eastern powers acted resolutely and with vigour. Their advance guards clashed bravely with the demonic troops that poured out from the Angleeye Pass and directed their steady march East. The first skirmishes showed that this was an entirely new enemy, many times greater and more dangerous than those evil hordes encountered before. The leaders in all the eastern civilized nations were concerned that nothing could stand against the new foe.

At that time, the Emperor arose and united the land. The Elven Federation, the Nordic Kingdom and the Principality formed a loose political confederation to unite their efforts to defeat the new threat from the savage West. Soon men flocked to the Imperial banners that were raised in all civilized cities and towns on the continent; the ranks were filled with the bloodthirsty Viking footmen, the proud Elven archers and the noble Principality knights; together they formed armies that had never been seen in the world before, the armies of good, enlightenment and civilization. They prepared to fight under one, unifying banner - the Iron Rose of the Empire, the prophesied power that was destined to save the land.

Out from the Angleeye Pass poured the dark hordes of the Demon King; the Collective trolls, the Zuur Legions and the skeleton archers of the Northwestern wastes; drums beating and torn banners waving, silently marching, a hundred thousand pairs of undead feet. The stage was set for the great powerstruggle between good and evil that was foretold in prophecies and would shape the destiny of the Known World for all future. Destiny had called the Known World to take arms and stand up, united, to face the rising hell.

Screenshots

Dling 5b now. I don't know if you have time to remake the movie, but if you do I have 1 reccomendation. Start the movie off by showing scenes of peace and such. Possibly a minor skirmish. Then go into the full fledged battle sequences and evil stuff. I think that will add a bit more emotion to it. I'll see if I can get some nice flying camera shots for it.

EDIT:
I like the Great War scenario. A few comments/questions:
1. How apocalypic do you want this scenario to go?
2. There should be more enemy troops on the Empires to give an immediate threat.
3. I feel there should be an nearly as apocalypic enemy for Namyr/Arcana. Perhaps a corrupted Angvina with Mesoamerican demons? I recall seeing a decent quezcoatl drake made recently.
4. An idea for Zuur to threaten Yatenga. Give them a unit called 'Sand Wraiths' that can only be recruited in desert areas. (If possible with XML). They gain a large bonus in desert with the submarine stealth ability and can only be seen by wizards or heros. They should not be able to enter grassland or possibly even Oasis'.
5. Angvina is a bit pointless in the current version. They are surrounded by poor jungles.
6. Something should be done with the 'no mans land' between Collective/Empire. Too many AI units get lost there.
7. I may be misremembering, but IIRC there were some Nordic cities on the northern part of the map, but there are none now. If that is the case, can we assume that the Nords fled south as refugees from Demonic incursion?

Possible pedia entry for The Emperor:

"Here we stand. Here we will live or die. Death holds no fear over me; as it should be for you. I am but a mortal as all who stand before me are. I have recieved no divine gifts or insights into the demented mind of the Demon King. But I know one thing. We are all chained to this spinning wheel of fate. Whatever comes, we will accept it. We cannot change fate. But we have a weapon that can challenge fate itself! The Dignity of every person in this host. We shall have such a Battle that it will force the Gods to have us emerge Victorious."

or

"What noise is that? Is it the earth; or is it the swelling sea that roars! We shall stand before all the nightmares of the world. We shall not back down: even from the nightmares of the past the Demon King has ressurected. Onward we shall march with our truth even if our passing causes the world to break into pieces. Our light of truth shall pierce the darkened vales. Every mountain shall become afire with our light of righteouness. As mortals, we are all chained to that spinning wheel of fate. Although the Wheel of Fate keeps hurling us to our knees before the darkness; we shall never submit. We fight even when all is hopeless. Why do we fight? To defend our homes, our loved ones waiting for us. We fight because there is still the faint memory of hope. That is why we risk all that is Pure. As long we fight for the glory of this world, we shall remain pure. We fight so we many never have to say Sic Transit Gloria Mundi*. Why? We are the Men of the Empire. And nothing shall stand before us! Tremble; O Lord of the Damned! For the Men of the Empire are come; and none shall stand before us!!!!!"
-The Emperor to his Grand Army before the Battle.
*Thus passes the glory of the world.

It might be a bit to apocalypic and dramatic. What do you think?

Yeah. The movie is not much as it is. I have been thinking about doing some flying camera stuff there as well. Maybe even supplying some own voice acting in the beginning of it, since I would do a mean Patrick Stewart, I'm sure. :crazyeye:

I am currently working on updating the Imperial scenario. It will let you play the dark side in the updated version as well and it will have more starting troops and so on. I could cut Angvina, as you say, and perhaps also Erezon. Or perhaps just move Erezon north so it becomes a player in the campaign. In reality Erezon should be very sympathetic to the Imperial cause; I will make it so.

I saw a good Sandworm in the downloads database that could pass for a Sand Wraith. But the Sandworm immediately brings my thoughts to Dune and I don't want this to look too much like any other mod or inspiration. Some super strong Scorpion unit might be good though. My Scorpions already spawn in deserts only. The bloke who made the Scorpion included several colour versions of it in his unit pack too.

Yes! The Nords began in the very north, however, because of heir plunderings and pillaging of the coast, the Elven Federation gave them land in the northern parts of the Peninsula where they settled and built Jarlgard (inspired by Normandy in RL). There was a strong traditionalist party in Old Urfjord in the far north that stayed on and continued their old way of life though (led by Crechina the Maneater), but the old Viking ways was a dying way of life that belonged to the past, and Urfjord soon disappeared from the pages of history. At the time of this mod, the old Vikings are known as the Nordic (or Norse) nation and are a part of the Empire.

I could add the traditionalist Vikings at Urfjord though. That would be fun, because I included some underdeveloped Breakaway Elves at least.

Those were great texts. Thanks. I'll paste the long version in the Civilopedia, actually. Do you write Obama's speaches or what? :)

I don't think the movie really needs voice acting. Look at the FfH intro movie. Just music and pictures but in my opinion it is one of the best game intros I have seen.

For the Sand Wraiths, I have the Tornado unit (Air elemental in FfH) in mind. The source that was my inspiration for them had Sand Wraiths as silicon based lifeforms with few humanoid features.

Here are some screenshots taken with flying camera. They are mainly Empire vs Zuur.

EDIT: Is the Dead leader one of the skeletons from Jason and the Argonauts?

Haha! Yeah! It is! it's from the old movie! I wondered when someone would actually note that one of the leaders ain't from Morrowind or Oblivion! I found him online and thought he was so cute that I just had to make him a king! I could have him easily changed to a more proper one, if he seems somewhat out of place. :lol:

Thanks for the screenies. It's nice to see Fairy Tale working and playing on the other end.

Hi, I like FairyTale. Im playin a 1000turns normal speed game with the empire as first game in warlord difficulty but is hard to produce enough units against all fractions becuz diplomacy relations always gests worse and worse. Is it possible to produce simultaneously a unit and a building? Im now about turn 250 and cannot catch up producing enough military to not to be overthrown by angering neighbours factions who wanna conquer my realm

and how are magicians carryin missiles? How do yu giv them missiles? What to produce to hav them missiles?

Hi, playing this mod atm as The Principality (Prince Difficulty). Creation Standard Random Map.

Have constructed both The Dome of Prophecy and The Stone Circle in my capital. Atm it is producing a Great Prohpet at about every 30 turns or so (its was like 15-20 turns for the first 3-4) this is without the national wonder that increases Great Person growth by 100%. I have had around 8 maybe 9 Great Prophets, this is great for me, but alas very unbalancing, I have 100% Scientific research, netting over 30gold a turn, and now my 2nd and 3rd cities are also producing Great prophets one of them as quick as my capital due to the 100% growth national wonder.

Very exploitable tbh, suggest you tune down the rate a bit. Unless its intended ofc?

Hey, Majkira. Yep. The Magicians carry spells, which are indeed only redesigned missiles. You will have to build the Mage's Guild and have the proper technology to "mount" them on the mages. Note that both the mage and the spell need to be in town for the missile to be able to be loaded.

On the diplomacy thing, I have redesigned the Imperial Scenario a bit that will probably make it better. I have made the other nations not involved in the war have bad relations to each other instead of towards the Empire, which will probably lighten things. That updated map comes with the update that I'm planning to release tomorrow.

Thanks, Horem, for the suggestions. I will turn down Great People's birth rate and see what happens. I have noted that they appear too frequently, actually. The AI is also generally bad at using them, which will without a doubt inbalance the game.

Here are some pedia entries for the units and a few screenshots.

>Mounted Formation; Yatenga Horse Archers.
"Boundless and bare, the lone and level sands stretch far away."-Percy Bysshe Shelly.
Yatengan Mounted Formations are made up of headstrong and unruly nomad horsemen of the Canwalla Desert Wastes. In such a endless waste travel by horse or camel is the only effective mean of travel. As horses are harder to raise in a desert, only the most skilled and influential clan members can afford them. As befitting elite clan members, they are skilled individual horsemen. Unfortunatly, their headstrong nature inhibits their ability to follow orders and they will suffer in a prolonged melee or against a disciplined enemy.

>Yatenga Horsemen;
"Yatenga horsemen try to time their charge to the sunrise. That way they can charge over the hill when the sun also breaks over the hill. They charge in such number that the earth itself tries to shake apart. The effect is quite disconcerning, even on well trained Namyr Spearmen."-Unkown Chronicler in the Namyr army.
Yatengan Horseman are drawn from nomad tribe levies; but they are equiped and trained in the cities to fight as a cohesive group. They are still equiped in their tradition desert nomad dress, but with a greater degree of armour and with heavier weapons. While individualy Yatengan Horseman are decent armoured cavalry, the vast numbers in which the Yatengan ruler is able to field them makes they almost as deadly as the proud knights of the Principality.

>Light Infantry; Denerea.
"As swift as shadows we must be; as deadly as the will of the God Kaylos we shall be."-Ritual chant of Denerean Light Infantry units.
Denerea was founded in strife and turmoil. When Denerea first went to war with the Elven Federation they lacked large scale founderies for the creation of arms and armour. As such most Denerean Infantry units were fielded as light infantry where the hatred felt toward the Federation by the Denereans showed through in their ferociousness and indominable will. Even after Denerea became firmly established, it still fielded many companies of light infantry due to the companies cheapness in cash-strapped Denerea.

Troll Squadron;
"From the curse of the Red Banner deliver us O Lord! From the wrath of the pit spare us good Lord!"-Common Principality Prayer at the time of the First Collective Invasion.
Prior to the corruption of Angleeye, there were few trolls to be found anywhere. The few that remained were excellent targets for young knights seeking to prove themselves. With the arrival of the Collective and the insanity of the Dowager Queen, that changed. With her newfound sorcery the Dowager Queen shattered the trolls independant minds', bending them to Her will. They engaged in forced breeding to swell their numbers. Their military units were completly regimentalized. Every step was in cadence, every weapon identical. All weapons and armour were forged from the black steel found in the mountains surrounding Hellgate. All orders were conveyed through the singular will of the Dowager Queen. This new breed of trolls serving in the queens army are generaly weaker than the old trolls. That however was more than compensated for in their discipline and weaponry. While the old trolls were a nuisance to the civilized world, the mindless troll squadrons of the Collective are perhaps the greatest threat to civilization since the Wars of Old Zuur.

>Paladin;
"A shield, light and broad, was on the slender swift flank, a sword, blue and bright, golden spurs, and ermine."-Y Goddodin, Aneurin.
As the Collective War began to swing toward the forces of the Principality, bands of lordless knights began wandering around the Angleeye Pass seeking to ambush Collective Warbands. These groups were known as Pala'-Ladr, which directly translates to Death-Defiers. Later, when the Collective fortified itself behind the Angleeye Mountains the Pala'-Ladr, know known as Paladins began traveling the bredth of the Earth seeking to fulfil their oath: the destruction of all evil forces. To that end they fought gloriously, quested nobly, and traversed unknown lands boldly! It is about the Paladins that most of the sagas and legends of Fairy Tale come from.

>Ghost; Zuur.
"Are not we ourselves like a river, hurrying, heedless and headlong, to the dark ocean of illimitable time?"-Unkown Nord Princess upon hearing reports of Zuur ghosts.
Ghosts are not a natural entity, and corrupt creation wherever they walk. Their existance is believed to date from the time of Old Zuur when Old Zuur allegedly tore in two the veil that separates this world from the Demon world. That tear is centered upon the isolated Black Dragon Island, where the remnents of Zuur hid from vengeful armies. Until, that is; the Demon King ressurected their Empire to aide him in is apocalyptic war. All Ghosts find themselves drawn to that rift where they fall under the sway of the lingering magical might of Old Zuur.
Ghosts do not belong in this universe. Because their existance disrupts the natural order of the world, the wheel of fate shifts whenever they are around. Knights routinly hunt them because if too many of them were to gather in one place, it is thought that the world itself would be ripped asunder through the disruption of the wheel of fate.
As a Ghost, one has no conception of sight, distance, or time. They simply exist in isolation, as a singularity. That experiance drives most mad and beyond the lure of the rift. Those few who do not go mad become filled with hatred for this half-existance and are willing to do anything to leave this half-existance. These are the ghosts Zuur wants and the rift lures.

>Denerean Cavalry;
"To those who are unknowledgeable in Denerean Heraldry, it would appear their cavalry posessed no heraldry. They are covered in a simple black surcoat and black square shield. Their heraldry is on it. Their heraldry is a sable square on a black background. No-one ever said the Denereans did not possess a good sense of gallows-humor."-Federation chronicler on Denerea.
Denerean cavalry appear the most fearsome in all the world. They ride black horses, they are adorned with black armour. They are silent on the march and on the charge. It is at the last minute of the charge they scream like Crystallin banshee's. They scream; their horses scream, the world screams. That should be enough to break any enemy: but it isn't. Denerean Cavalry are notoriously poor horsemen resulting in a poor charge and discipline. If their initial charge does not suceed, they will flee with all speed until they are swallowed up by the night and dark forests of Denerea.

I'll do more later. Some of thw quotes I've 'borrowed' from historical personages.

That is excellent! I'll paste them into the Civilopedia right away. I did some work on the Civilopedia last night, but I've only covered all the nations, some of the leaders and one of the hero units so far really.

The Civilopedia entry for the heroes will be very specific. They will be entries from "the Book of Fairy Tale", in reality small fairy tales about each and every national hero. I had a lot of fun writing the first one too.

You're welcome to do as many units as you like really, and I will paste them. I actually have enough to do with all the leaders, the heroes and all the other texts. Help with the unit texts is really very much welcome!

It said missiles ingame but was able to build that one spell to load it in intown
but what should be ratio betweeen unit and buindings? 3 units and one building maybe in circle?
becuz AI produces many more units. And yu don need many buildings for development as you can build. But if yu wanna build some wonders than yu cant hav more units in same time and with fewer buildings more turns needed to produce a military unit

and automated workers were building forts on resource tiles rather than winery on wine field or a farm and automated tradenet they dont make roads but forts too

I had a diplomatic victory with more votes than needed but no victory
in victory condition screen it was on and domination victory was off in the first imperial scenario

will it be able to circumnavigate the world east west and north south through poles to have a globular ballshaped world? with ships and flying creatures over oceans and island areas beside the continental landmasses to discover and colonize also

The problem with automated workers is really a Civilization problem overall. I don't know why they do that, but it can be really irritating.

I will have to check the problem with the Diplomatic vistory not appearing, but I must say, I've had several diplovictories while testing the game, so I don't know what might be off.

In the mapscript Planet Generator you'll be able to create a round world. The Creation mapscript is flat, as are all the scenario maps. Planet Generator is started by selecting Play Now and then choose the mapscript in the list. This script has A LOT of options and is really fun!

I actually don't know what kind of a ratio there should be between buildings and units. That is something the player will have to test between each map and scenario. I have updated the Great War map, and also heightened the Imperial Watch Base unit creation bonus to 75%, which makes the special building just as good as the enemy's counterpart.

This will be new in the big update I will be publishing tonight. That one will probably be available for download on ModDB tomorrow morning.

EDIT: I checked the diplovictory and I was indeed able to receive a Diplomatic Victory playing Namyr with the Principality as vassal. I found nothing wrong with it. Workers were indeed building forts over resources though, and it's irritating. I think it might have to do with the trait of the leader I played (Erica Gallantina), but it is also a very common Civilization problem.

The Fairy Tale of the Hellbeast

Outside the impressive city of Angleeye, out by the river and in a small village, there lived a most peculiar little boy. Often ridiculed and laughed at, he did not want to play the simple games of children, but rather went away for long journeys into the forests and up in the hills; to be alone with his drawings and inventions.

At an early age he was inventing the strangest machinery - small trinkets that would shine without fire, machines that would lift heavy rocks that not even ten men could lift and even a balloon that could fly.This little boy grew up to be the laughing matter of the village, for his inventions were so strange.

When he was grown up at the age of twenty, the Viking warlord Nergar Brenn invaded the land with his army and made siege of the city of Angleeye. The king and all his soldiers withdrew inside the walls and the Viking could not break them although they besieged the city for two years. At that time, Nergar heard of the strange inventor.

Nergar approached the young inventor and told him that he would reward him richly if he invented such a machine of war that the walls of Angleeye were forced. "No, mylord", the young inventor replied. "My machines are for peace and progress. Not for war and siege."

The Viking was mightily angered by these words and replied: "Within four weeks you shall invent my machine and within four weeks it shall stand before the walls of Angleeye and force them! Otherwise I will kill your family, pillage your village and have your ears and hands cut off in front of your children!"

The inventor stayed at the Viking's warcamp and worked on his warmachine for four weeks. Every day the pile of material grew, every day he came closer to finishing the most terrible weapon in the history of the Known World. Nergar was pleased when he saw his machine being built. Nergar's soldiers laughed and spit on the ground before the inventor.

One day the inventor was done and told the Viking Lord that the machine had been completed. "Show us then what it can do!" Nergar shouted. "Break the walls of Angleeye and lead me in there. Then you shall have your freedom."

The inventor activated his machine while the Viking soldiers were watching and laughing. Smoke arose from the machine and a terrible sound was raised. In might, the beast rose up in the middle of the Viking camp, it turned, it saw, it prepared to do terrible battle. The Viking soldiers laughed no more when they saw the terrible beast, but stood in awe.

In a sudden the Machine lifted the inventor up on its shoulders and then he gave the order. The Machine did not turn against the city walls, but started going berserk within the Viking warcamp. The soldiers tried to stop it, but were stomped upon and killed. The Machine tore down their tents, destroyed their siege weapons, spit fire upon their baggage and killed a hundred Vikings.

The turn came to Nergar who hid in his tent. "Now, Nergar", shouted the inventor. "Now, I shall take you inside Angleeye." The Machine lifted the frightened Nergar up and threw him over the city walls into the city of Angleeye. Upon that, the Viking army scattered in fear. Some fled on their ships, others into the forests, but most of them were killed by the machine of war and the Angleeye guards.

Nice. Isn't the Hell Beast a hero for the collective though, or did it fall under the sway of the collective?

>Kenderra Druid; Zuur.
"When one is alone with nature, you feel its pulse. That pulse magnifies our primal feelings, intensifying them. Those animal instincts course through our body like a flooded river. We feel rage, pain, lust, and hatred more intensly than ever before. With nature coursing through your very soul, it is little matter to harness some of that unlimitable power and use it for your own ends."-Vorsha, Kenderra Druid.
Kenderra Druids tap into the primal forces of nature, noteably survival of the fittest and 'fight or flight' instincts; with an emphesis toward the former instinct. In battle Kenderra Druids are like a raging storm, a wild bear; any force of nature they feel like chanelling. Few become Kenderra Druids as it is a solitary life they lead. Most become mad with the energies that course through their soul. When that happens, the Demon King adds their body and soul to the great forges that create the Zuur Legions. The few who do not go mad rival the mighty Elven Mages in sheer magical prowess.

Light Horse; Principality.
"Unto Roncesvalles I lead my host, full twenty thousand with lance and shield. Let me meet with Roland upon the field. Lifeling tears for him Karl shall yeild."-The Song of Roland.
The Light Horse regiments of the Principality were the first harbingers of the power of Principality Knights. While they were undoubtedly stronger than their compatriots cavalry they differed in one notable aspect: their style of fighting. Most other cavalry at this time fought as skirmishers, darting around the battlefield hither an yond, striking and retreating. Principality Light Horse fought differently. They fought in tight, wide formation as heavy cavalry armed with a lance and shield. Their charge was almost irresistable. It was the Light Horse companies that lead the Principality to become the dominant force in the region.

>Ducal Guard (Infantry); Principality.
"When Turpin felt him flung to ground, and four lance wounds within him found, he swiftly rose, the dauntless man, to Roland looked and nigh him ran. Spoke but, "I am not overthrown. Brave warrior yeilds with life alone." He drew Almace's burnished steel, a thousand ruthless blows to deal. In after time, the Emperor said he found four hundred round him spread, some wounded, others cleft in twain; some lying headless on the plain."-The Song of Roland.
Ducal Guard troops are the best of the Principality knights, hand-chosen to protect the most important lords of the realm. They are equiped with heavy plate-mail armour, a large shield emblazoned with the crest of the Principality, and a long spear. These troops would all rather die than see their lord brought to shame, lest of all death.

>Denerean Angels;
"Rolands pride is of such a height, not to be vanquished by mortal wight; hurl we our missiles and hold aloof." And the word they spoke they put in proof. They flung with all their strength and craft, javelin, barb, and plumed shaft. Rolands buckler was torn and frayed, his cuirass broken and disarrayed, yet entrance none to his flesh they made."-The Song of Roland
Denerean Angels are the elite strike troops of the Denerean Empire. The ability to be able to reach out and touch your enemy should never be underestimated. Due to Denerea's lack of cavalry, that task has fallen to their ranged troops. Denerean Angels are able to stand in a battle line and fire massive volleys just as well as they are able to stage ambushes that leave the enemy dead before they were aware of the Denereans presence. To their enemies, Denerean Angels are angels of death, having you marked for death before you are even aware of their existance. They are the perfect Angel of Death.

>Lightning Strikers; Namyr.
"When Roland saw his coming foes, all proud his spirit rose; alive he shall never be brought to yeild: Veillantif spurred he across the field, with golden spurs he pricked him well, to break the ranks of the infidel; Archbishop Turpin by his side. "Let us flee and save us," the heathen cried; "These are the trumpets of France we hear. It is Karl, the mighty Emperor near."-The Song of Roland.
Namyr Strikers are well trained and motivated heavy cavalry. Due to the longer borders of Namyr than Arcana and the Dal, Namyr cavalry tend to be lighter than their compatriots resulting from their patrol duties. Namyr has compensated for that disadvantage by equiping their Strikers with the extra long kontos lance, giving them a large advantage in the charge where they expertly pull off the charge and reform tactic.

What do you think of the longer quotes? I couldn't resist using some quotes from the Song of Roland. Everybody always thinks of Beowulf or King Arthur with medieval epics, but I feel Song of Roland is one of the best.

Top Bottom