Shoshone the terrible

yasinbin

Chieftain
Hi all. I am still a noob in this game. So i noticed this, when I go to social policies, sometime it say soshone the terrible,or soshone the enlightened, these kind of things.

I guess this have something to do with social policy mix. I usually go for Tradition(opener)---->Aesthetics--->Rationalism. Then order/autocracy/freedom depending on situation. Why I most of the time get " Soshone the terrible "... I mean what gives!!

I never pay attention to them, but my presumption would be under autocracy you'd be named the terrible. I'm pretty sure rationalism is 'the enlightened', and its definitely not tradition either.

I think so.i will try freedom and order sometime to see what i get/ Autocracy....i went for it in my last game. Does it gives any sort of negative happiness if you have been termed terrible?

I think so.i will try freedom and order sometime to see what i get/ Autocracy....i went for it in my last game. Does it gives any sort of negative happiness if you have been termed terrible?

Just a title.

I've been curious about these titles. "Isabella the Pious" ir pretty obvious. I think that either tradition or liberty gets you "the Great," but I'd like to know what they all are and how they work.

I've been curious about these titles. "Isabella the Pious" ir pretty obvious. I think that either tradition or liberty gets you "the Great," but I'd like to know what they all are and how they work.

Tradition- Lord/Lady
Liberty- Counsel
Honour- the Great
Piety- the Pious
Patronage- the Enlightened
Commerce- Doge
Aesthetics- Master/Mistress
Exploration- Captain
Rationalism- the Wise
Freedom- President
Order- Chairman
Autocracy- the Terrible

Pretty sure about these.

I just started a modern game to get the rest. Here are a couple of titles you can get:

Tradition - Lord/Lady
Liberty - Consul
Honor - the Great
Piety - the Pious
Patronage - the Enlightened
Aesthetics - Master/Mistress
Commerce - Doge
Exploration - Captain
Rationalism - the Wise
Autocracy - the Terrible
Freedom - President
Order - Chairman

You get the title based on how many points you spent on the policy and, maybe, which policy you completed first.

Edit: Oh lol. Someone got to it first. Oh well.

The last picked policy determines the title.

This isn't true on its own; if you have 4 policies in Tradition and open Rationalism, you don't automatically become "The Enlightened" - it takes a few policies before you stop being a "Lord". Then sometimes, when you finish the second tree, your title will revert to the one you had previously! It's weird, personally I've never really understood how it works.

This isn't true on its own; if you have 4 policies in Tradition and open Rationalism, you don't automatically become "The Enlightened" - it takes a few policies before you stop being a "Lord". Then sometimes, when you finish the second tree, your title will revert to the one you had previously! It's weird, personally I've never really understood how it works.

If I had to make a completely random guess, I'd say it went with the title from the tree that you picked the most policies from. In the case of a tie, then it goes with the title from the tying tree that you picked a policy from last.

They should have made Duke the tittle for Autocracy.

It's not "Terrible" as in "Bad", it's "Terrible" as in "One who terrorizes." So rest assured your population is perfectly content* with you (even if other Civs likely aren't).

* Well, assuming you have positive happiness. Like others have said, it doesn't actually affect gameplay.

Captain feels like a demotion. It should be "the Navigator" like Henry the Navigator.

You think Captain and you think of someone who commands a ship and takes orders from someone else who runs the country.

Tradition- Lord/Lady
Liberty- Counsel
Honour- the Great
Piety- the Pious
Commerce- Doge
Exploration- Captain
Rationalism- the Wise
Freedom- President
Order- Chairman
Autocracy- the Terrible

Pretty sure about these.

Thank you .

Tradition- Lord/Lady
Liberty- Counsel
Honour- the Great
Piety- the Pious
Commerce- Doge
Exploration- Captain
Rationalism- the Wise
Freedom- President
Order- Chairman
Autocracy- the Terrible

Pretty sure about these.

The Terrible sounds so outdated for Autocracy. I mean: The president, The chairman and.. The terrible? I mean, they're all titles indicating the role of the leader. Autocracy is the only one that remains with a 'nickname'.
If we already pick the venetian term 'Doge', it wouldn't hurt if we had the 'Fuhrer' or the 'Duce' or even the 'Generalíssimo'.

Top Bottom