Profet cant create religion

Sheriffen

Chieftain
Hi guys
In some of my games, I have come across a point, where my first profet isnt able to found a religion. I have the 300+ faith now and I didnt even get my first profet, so building Hagia Sofia but still no luck founding a religion with that profet. Can this be due to another state has annoyed me with their religion? And is there any way at all I can get around this so I can found my own religion??

I suspect the maximum number of religions have already been founded. Check the Religion Overview slide. When to go to World religions, does it say any more religions can be founded?

A guess getting this prophet wasn't... PROFITABLE! HUEHUEHUEHUE-

#Swagyolopuns

By the way, what map size are you playing on? And what difficulty? I'm surprised, because typically Hagia Sophia is build before the 5th player gets his religion on Standard, or he gets it with it.

The AI tends to go for religion, so even on Prince, if you want a religion, prioritize building shrines (i.e. research pottery first and build scout > monument > shrine). Or just build Stonehenge, that's basically a guaranteed religion on prince.

If you're playing Immortal or Deity, just assume you won't get a religion unless you end up with a very luck start, or are playing as Ethiopia or the Celts.

The AI tends to go for religion, so even on Prince, if you want a religion, prioritize building shrines (i.e. research pottery first and build scout > monument > shrine). Or just build Stonehenge, that's basically a guaranteed religion on prince.

If you're playing Immortal or Deity, just assume you won't get a religion unless you end up with a very luck start, or are playing as Ethiopia or the Celts.

Can't speak for Deity; but on Immortal; if basic Shrines are the first building every one of your capital and next city build, you will eventually found a religion by having secured a pantheon before an AI enhanced their religion, thus blocking out anyone else from founding even pantheons.

Celts UA in the hands of the AI doesn't normally translate into first in the world to religion; they are first to a panthon, but unless that pantheon is a faith producing one, a civ later to found a pantheon will beat them to a GP. (Not only are there more powerful ways of getting faith than the Celt UA; but the AI has a tendency to chop forest, nerfing its own UA)

The only thing you can do with this prophet is simply build a holy site because all the religion spots are taken

Top Bottom