Greater Europe - People of the Old World

If you're focusing on a Reconquista setting (a scenario would be pretty cool! It should focus on a combination of cultural influence, religion, and of course warfare), maybe an Aquitaine would be in order, as they had lots of meddling in Spain during that period. Given their rapidly fluctuating borders, my suggestion is them having a UA where whenever territory is taken from them via conquest or citadel-bombing, they get an increase in tiles equal to those they have lost, including into enemy territory if none is available (this would prioritize tiles they may have previously owned).

Since I am pretty sure that Aragon will be made.
Spoiler :

In my opinion you should follow the other modders steps and only make 4-5 Civs (Celtic split and India split).

Castile, Aragon, Cordoba or Umayyads and and another one. What do you think?

Again, thank you for the map! However, in terms of civs, I'm fairly set on doing quite a few. I may have to cut it down (I have another project that I want to work on that would take quite a lot of time and effort - more on that later) but at the moment, I want to do the current amount of civs. If that turns out to be too hard, then I'll make two separate packs to at least get some out, with the first one having the civs necessary for the Reconquista scenario. What do you think about that?

Well, not quite that simple - Italy, Afghanistan, and finishing up some code on Colonialist Legacies' Vietnam. Oh, and a Community Expansion Pack... but yeah, I will try to get out some civs - Spanish Split will be out as soon as I can be bothered getting all assets for it. I've got a couple of civs I want to accomplish in the near future, so I may start work on them shortly.

Love the Sealand civ Viregal! :D

I noticied a while back when I downloaded it; the Roughs Tower doesn't give the 50 HP that the Walls give. Is this a mistake or intentional?

EDIT: Although I'm beginning to make my own civpack at the moment, I'd be glad to help you if you need any.

Love the Sealand civ Viregal! :D

I noticied a while back when I downloaded it; the Roughs Tower doesn't give the 50 HP that the Walls give. Is this a mistake or intentional?

EDIT: Although I'm beginning to make my own civpack at the moment, I'd be glad to help you if you need any.

Thanks! As for the Roughs Tower, I never noticed it - though it probably fits quite well anyway. Basically, a mistake I can't be bothered fixing. :p And help? Sure. I don't actually know what to do next at all - Italy, I'm currently trying to do some Lua for, Afghanistan and Vietnam are pretty mush finished, but I need a civ to do! I'm thinking Sardinia at the moment, but I honestly don't know. Worst comes to the worst, I'm seriously considering updating this. No promises, though. ;)

The Great Moravia civ that was recently suggested? I'd be certainly interested in seeing it ingame... I'm also doing some research for the Spanish civs, don't worry.

It would be funny nice to see a Basque and Catalonian civilization but that would be a bit... controversial.

Anyway, heres an icon I made with the Lauburu, a symbol of the Basque region.

Spoiler :

Thanks for the icon! Also, I don't really think that these civs are really that controversial, assuming it's about their independence from Spain. I'm Scottish (though British first :p), and am opposed to independence, though I wouldn't see a Scotland civ as controversial. To put it into perspective, there's several Hitler mods out there - I'm sure this can't get much more controversial.

Politics aside (sadly), here's my current line of thought for Great Moravia -

Leader: Svatopluk I
UA: Mat Zemlya (YES, I know this pretty much just means "Motherland", though I'm pretty sure there's another word for that, at least in Russian)
Cities built next to Rivers gain an additional citizen. +1 Culture and +1 Food for every citizen following the majority religion in the Capital. The outbreak of a war causes a melee unit to appear in every city.
UU: Druzina
Replaces Pikeman, though does not have a bonus against Mounted Units, and counts as a Melee unit instead. Whenever it starts its turn next to a Great General (Voivold), the Druzina gains +1 Movement and a 20% Combat Bonus. Earns Great Generals faster than regular units.
UU: Voivold
Replaces Great General. Whenever it is stationed in a city, the city gains a 15% bonus to Food and Culture, as well as +5 Happiness.

Not sure if this is really inspiring my inner Slav. Let's open it up to critique, shall we?

My intended strategy for them is a sort of wide-tall hybrid, which seems to be much what they were. So, the UA appears to be slightly over the place, but it contributes to a common cause. By settling cities (especially near Rivers), then having them following the same religion, you're gaining bonuses already. How to deal with the unhappiness generated? Simple. Use a Voivold. Station them in all your cities, and you're fine. But how to get the Voivode? Simple. Declare war on a few people; use the Druzina (which I intentionally made class as a Melee unit for purposes of the UA) to go in and earn some. How to deal with the unhappiness generated? Simple. Use a Voivode. How to get the Voivode? Simple. Stop rewriting stuff. :p

Thanks to Listek for inspiration!

I made this icon based on the emblem and colour of Moravia under the Austo-Hungarian Empire.

Spoiler :

Attachments

• k_moravia.jpg
    k_moravia.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 135
Also, I don't really think that these civs are really that controversial, assuming it's about their independence from Spain. I'm Scottish (though British first :p), and am opposed to independence, though I wouldn't see a Scotland civ as controversial. To put it into perspective, there's several Hitler mods out there - I'm sure this can't get much more controversial.

I can do little more to show my respect than to continue to help you however you need; but I would be especially interested in helping with Moravia.

I made this icon based on the emblem and colour of Moravia under the Austo-Hungarian Empire.

Spoiler :

Looks great! But is there any way to avoid yet another Red-Yellow combination?

As ever, thanks for the help JFD! :D I really hope I've got across it's greatly appreciated.

For Moravia, I'd been looking at it for about the last week or two, then with everyone saying "Someone do Moravia!" (Exaggeration, but you get the point), I decided just to go ahead and do it. The main problem to me is that it seems slightly over the place at the moment - military, culture, food and faith - but they do seem to contribute to a common cause.

As for the icon, I was thinking something like this. The advantage is that it avoids using any sort of bird again, which is always good, but I don't know about the colour scheme. Thank you very much for the icon suggestions anyway - I'm still not sure what I'm going to use, though.

Togi Vodi mightn't be a bad idea as well. However, that may cause some overlap with the Voivode (just due to the similarities in the name - from experience, if they sound similar, that's probably because they have some sort of connection). Is anyone able to tell me otherwise? Thanks for any help!

Maybe something like:

UA: During wartime, Faith adds to Food per turn. During peacetime, it adds to Culture.

Thus, I would exchange the unique Great General for a unique building that is religious. Preferably something that is not itself a replacement to a religious building (a unique Granary sounds right; but I don't know enough about Moravia to justify it).

I agree that we best avoid birds. Poland and Russia have that taken.

Is a dummy building that adds food/faith fine? That's pretty much what I'm doing anyway, with the Voivode. :p I wouldn't mind a unique Granary, as I don't think we have many, if any of those.

The ability you suggested sounds interesting; I'll see if I can pull that off. I'd maybe add something else to it, though, say the part about adding more Food/Culture by following the main religion. I really want to reuse the melee unit at the outbreak of a war part for a civ, though, but it's probably not very fitting here.

Top Bottom