[Reference] Colour Schemes of Released Modded Civs

If it's OK, I'd like to also reserve these two colors for some upcoming mods:

And for comparison with the closest:
Spoiler :

Updated everything but the Greater Europe Spain split which has received new colour combos.

Going to post my current projects here.

I think Singapore is the one which has most likely been used before.

Uh... is it really any more valid to reserve a color scheme any more that it is to claim that a new civ idea is yours and only yours to make?

It's not exclusively yours to make, though. I count at least three different Tibets, for instance...

Both More Civs and CL has taken this approach though.

To be fair, even if More Civs or Colonialist Legacies make, say, Mexico, that doesn't mean it can't ever be done again :p ... There's some bragging rights to who made it first, but in that case LS kind of has that already on most cases. So yeah, I don't think there's some kind of "yours and only yours" in practice.

To be fair, even if More Civs or Colonialist Legacies make, say, Mexico, that doesn't mean it can't ever be done again :p ... There's some bragging rights to who made it first, but in that case LS kind of has that already on most cases. So yeah, I don't think there's some kind of "yours and only yours" in practice.
Which is pretty much my point... Why are we reserving colors? When did we decide that one person here owns a color scheme? There's a limited supply of good ones, anyway. If I wanted to steal CL's Mexico's colors (which I don't, but as an example), what's stopping me from doing so other than probably a lot of people asking "Hey, aren't *civ*'s colors really similar to CL's Mexico's"?

It's also nice to have the possibility to ensure that a color scheme is unique locally with respect to TSL maps.

Though personally I'd prefer it if multiple projects of the same civ aimed to at least use a different leader, since it seems as a community we've kind of gone with the leader defining what the civ is really about. Also it helps for my pipe dream of a Civilization Universalis in which you decision-switch or revolutionize or reform into newer civilizations as the game progresses, so that even if we have five Mexicos, as long as they're all different leaders we could still have them all in.

Of course this is problematic for the more popular civs prospects, like, say, Mali or the Timurids which really only have Mansa Musa and Timur to reasonably be using. But eh.

In any case yeah, the color thing is more to say 'hey these are what my other civs will look like so I guess be sure yours don't end up exactly the same'.

Top Bottom