THE Noble's Club Bullpen, MK II

That's fine, I will be back tomorrow. So I will post it day afterwards.

Should I say the leader I am doing now, or only when I post?

Yeah but I've been kinda avoiding these threads since I basically never played Noble ... I could have helped the noble players, but still, it put me off even opening the threads. :p
Nothing can help if you don't even open the thread, but maybe we can work out some standard wording for the very beginning of each new leader thread that tells people what's going on. Our main boilerplate belongs at the end as now, but maybe the beginning should say:
The Nobles' Club series is for advanced players to help people who play at Noble difficulty and below learn how to play better. You can play your own game at any level and with any mod, but it would be nice to comment on the games of other players and give them advice.

Okey Dokey. The next leader will be Washington (Exp/Cha) of America.

Since we're claiming leaders, I'll probably go with Giggles for my next one. I want to try a EE and he is somewhat suited for it with the early Courthouse.

cas

I'm reposting this question. I'm curious if yall have considered having CFC create a sub-forum for Nobles Club or maybe a combined forum with the other clubs like Immortal, etc.? The intro threads and faqs could be stickied. I think these group games are great but this forum seems unwieldy now. I think it still still be a sub-forum of S&T since it's still about learning the game and improving skill level.

edit: another thought is to simply sticky this thread

I don't have any idea what the criteria might be for creating a sub-forum, but don't have any objection to putting NC, LHC, and PYL there. They all have "history" behind them. What happens when someone tries to create a new series, though? When does something qualify for the new subforum? What about the various RPC series like Sisutil's, madscientist's, etc -- some people shadow those, kind of like the ones I already mentioned, but they seem somehow different to me.

If we're going to have a "sticky" NC bullpen thread, OTOH, we might want to ask TMIT to edit the first post a little to say what the series has become.

I'm a noble level player really. I've won a few lucky monarch games IIRC, and Ive been trying prince level also (thats between noble and monarch right?)
I used to love rushing the A.Is on noble with almost any civ, but on monarch they all start with archery which is just SO not fun.

Well, I could always play Rome and prat-rush right? (or get lucky and warrior rush some close-by A.I's empty capital) :lol:

but yeah, it seems im kinda out of tactics to tackle the monarch level at the moment. On noble I liked pangea the most with lots of warmongering but on monarch it seems its again a bit harder to combine expansion, wars, not lagging behind too much, and trying to avoid getting backstabbed by lots of A.Is at the same time. Fav leaders probably would be Roosevelt, Stalin and Lizzy probably (she's surely better than Victoria right?)
Oh yeah and Tokugawa is also fun as hell, though a bit hard since his traits arent that good economically. But Toku's samurais and rifles (and even late game hammer crazy UB) :crazyeye:

Hmm I might try my luck with the Incans though, they'll probably do a decent job rushing the A.Is warriors/archers even on monarch right? Plus a strong trait combo and a good UB.

I could host another one over the weekend sometime. Not going to have time tomorrow or Friday.

cas

Had some extra time tonight. NC XXXIV Pericles is up. Hopefully I've learned from all my previous wb mistakes and this one is clean from the start.

Will tackle Giggles as my next leader when it's my rotation again.

cas

Hi, I've been absent from the forums for a while, but it's great to see that Nobles Club is still running.

:)

I can't believe I missed something like 22 games! :eek:

anybody is going to host another nc game? :confused:

Top Bottom