Information Drought?

I went back and looked at reveal dates and it was quite a bit different for G&K. They revealed 5 civs right off the bat. We've had to wait 28 days to get to the same point with BNW.

Anyways heres my guess:

G&K:

Netherlands - Confirmed February 16th (Announcement +0)
Celts - Confirmed February 16th (Announcement +0)
Maya - Confirmed February 16th (Announcement +0)
Byzantium - Confirmed February 16th (Announcement +0)
Carthage - Confirmed February 16th (Announcement +0)
Huns - Confirmed March 9th (Announcement +22)
Austria - Confirmed April 6th (Announcement +50)
Ethiopia - Confirmed April 6th (Announcement +50)
Sweden - Confirmed April 20th (Announcement +64)

BNW:

Poland - Confirmed March 15th (Announcement +0)
Brazil - Confirmed March 23rd (Announcement +8)
Assyria - Confirmed March 23rd (Announcement +8)
Zulu - Confirmed April 12th (Announcement +28)
Portugal - Confirmed April 12th (Announcement +28)
Morrocco? - Confirmed April 26th? (Announcement +42)
Civ #7 - Confirmed May 17th? (Announcement +63)
Civ #8 - Confirmed May 17th? (Announcement +63)
Civ #9 - Confirmed May 31st? (Announcement +77)

I went back and looked at reveal dates and it was quite a bit different for G&K. They revealed 5 civs right off the bat. We've had to wait 28 days to get to the same point with BNW.

Anyways heres my guess:

G&K:

BNW:

Thank you for this... I was wanting to research the same thing, and you've done it for me. :hatsoff:

Information drought indeed. If these forums were a plant and information was rain, the plant would be wilted and decrepit at this point. Just a sip of water, Firaxis, please!

I see back in G&K there was a big gap between March 9th and April 6th. I'd say we are in the middle of such a gap right now. I don't think we will get anything until the beginning of May at the earliest. If they do give us anything this week, it will just be a teaser, not confirmational info.

I think they might as well confirm Morocco soon. It's getting a bit silly since everyone is taking it for granted they're in now (I would be very amused, though disappointed, if they aren't in!)

End of this week or start of the next, I think.

If these forums were a plant and information was rain, the plant would be wilted and decrepit at this point. Just a sip of water, Firaxis, please!

I like this analogy. Even the dirt in Shaka's leader screen is too dry to be discussed :lol:

Yea, I think a Morrocco confirmation is coming either this friday or next.

I doubt we'll get anything new till May. News sites just ran previews for BNW with the last batch of new information, they won't release new info so quickly and then not have anyone cover it. That combined with no big game conferences. I'd say second week of May the earliest.

I see the Morocco thing as either being an intentional name drop or it was an innocent remark (grasping for a non-civ to use as an example) that we've blown out of context. If it is a new civ and he said it on accident, he would've just told the reporter to strike that sentence from the record if he didn't want it to get out.

Remember the Steam files leak from January? That didn't force them to announce BNW sooner than they intended. Same goes for the Morocco business. They will stick to their schedule regardless of leaks.

I see back in G&K there was a big gap between March 9th and April 6th. I'd say we are in the middle of such a gap right now. I don't think we will get anything until the beginning of May at the earliest. If they do give us anything this week, it will just be a teaser, not confirmational info.

In all fairness though, tney gave away more civs immediately with G+Ks. Maybe we'll get fewer civs at a time, just faster.

Okay... I think I'm ready for some new information... :cry:
_________

As a side note, I really like the way Paradox leads up to releases with dev diaries, streams, etc. - it's great to see how they iterate and plus it's tons of fun! If only Firaxis could do that - I really hope they can throw off the yoke of 2K one of these days.

I can give you a little fuel for your speculation needs: according to her twitter account, 2K Kate (community relations person) is flying over to Firaxis today and tomorrow. So is she there for XCOM, Civ, or one of their new mobile games?

EDIT: further details indicate that she is there to work on a Mobile device game :(

Otherwise, I'm holding to my prediction that we won't hear anything new until the beginning of May at the earliest, with mid-May as the most likely.

May 1st at 2:52 PM EST
I predict we'll hear something then.

(If I am correct, you all think I am awesome and know more than I really do)
(If I am incorrect, you all forget about this post)

:thumbsup:

I have a good feeling about next week. I think we'll get two more civs.

I think it'll go like this:

Week of April 29 - May 3
Two new civs teased at, confirmed on the 3rd.

Week of May 20-24
Last two civs teased at, confirmed on the 24th.

After that, maybe up until the middle of June (by which time I expect we'll know the details of BNW in their entirety), they'll probably release small snippets of information pertaining to the new game systems and showcase more screenshots from which we can derive art assets.

They will likely wait about 2 weeks before any more information or Q/A's since they have had a pretty good rush of info thus far. But by July i fully expect to know everything besides maybe any changes to the tech tree and changes to units.

Anyways heres my guess:

G&K:

BNW:

Well, it is the 26th. Here's hoping for a new civ announcement! :king:

May 1st at 2:52 PM EST
I predict we'll hear something then.

(If I am correct, you all think I am awesome and know more than I really do)
(If I am incorrect, you all forget about this post)

:thumbsup:

1st of May is International Workers' Day!
Perfect day to give out information on ideologies!:hammer:

But sadly I suspect we won't get anything new until mid May or whenever the gaming magazines release May's issue.

Top Bottom