What Native American tribe do you expect/want?

Which Native American tribe do you expect/want?

• Total voters
Sioux! They could easily be in the Civil War scenario since they were fighting the US at that time. But the scenario claims to cover action in the east. Dog Soldiers UU replacing Cavalry...

I sure hope the Sioux don't get a Cheyenne unit, as you suggest they do.

And I assume this poll means "American" or non "Meso-American" North American civs. Otherwise we would have a whole lot larger lists.
The term "Native American" generally refers to natives from the United States and Canada.

Navajo. If they'd done so much work on a North American desert Civ with the Pueblo, I'm assuming it's pretty unlikely they're going to drag it kicking and screaming to the plains or the woodlands. I would love the Inuit. But am expecting the Navajo. Nava nava navajo.

I would really enjoy the Pueblo. And I think the civ can still be done, except that there is no good leader (at least that I know). They were the best choice... Now I don't know

I voted for the Sioux because I expect them to be chosen. But I would have preferred the Apache. The US military feared Geronimo more than they feared Sitting Bull. And the Apache seem to have survived in greater numbers despite that both tribes were centered around harsh environments with relatively low white populations (New Mexico/West Texas for Apache, and North/South Dakota for the Lakota (Sioux)). Also, the Sioux are more well-known, so giving the Apache some facetime seems appropriate.

I really want the Navajo, because I like their language and would love to hear someone actually speak it... (terrible reason)

I'd go with Sioux or the Apache.

The Pueblo would have been a perfect choice, but since what happened, I would go with the Mississippian civ. Though all of them are good choices; Sioux, Apache, Cherokee, Comanche, Cree and the Seminole. I wouldn't be disappointed even with the inclusion of the Inuit.

Cahokians - The Mississippian Mound Builders

I expect the Sioux, but would prefer the Navajo.

I could care less which ones makes it as long as it is Native American... truth be told not sure if that just makes me sound ignorant or stuff, but all I wanna see is a large leader screen with Sitting Bull with his glorious headdress.

The only thing the Sioux have going for them is that have been in civ before, but in every other regard the Comanche are a better plains tribe. The Comanche had a larger hegemony, they were the first to dominate the plains. They put up a better resistance against both the US and Mexico. The Sioux were just the last plains tribe to give in.

I really dont care either to be honest - all of them have interesting aspects and I'm sure those aspects can be worked into a useable civ with some nice gameplay aspects.

Comanche, they were the leaders in Buffalo Products (which is what I believe will be one of the new resources that Dennis couldn't talk about!)

They ended Mexico's exapansion into North America, then after Texas declared independance from Mexico, they strongly resisted the American's expansion down into Texas.

They were extremely skilled with horsemanship and expert bowmen (preferred bows over rifles, but still learned to use them very well too). Always in a state of war with the Republic of Texas, raiding town after town, it was then that Sam Houston formed the Texas Rangers paramilitary to specifically deal with the Comanche threat.

It wasn't until 1841, with the advent of the Colt six-shooter, that the Rangers were finally able to turn the tide (starting with the battle at Bandera Pass).

So, what I expect:

Quanah Parker of the Comanche

Navajo or Comanche please. Anasazi would be nice too.

I agree, this poll would need a few more options. As there's no Inuit, I voted for the Comanche who are worthier than the Sioux as a Plains civ.

I'd add also a Northwestern tribe like the Haida to the poll.

Well, I thought the Pueblo were the best choice, but I certainly don't expect them anymore. Of that list, Cherokee and Navajo are the best, but I'm not a fan of your list. Generally speaking, I want a sedentary civilization, not a nomadic or raider civilization, so I have strong objections to the Sioux, Apache, and Comanche (I'll grandfather in the Sioux because they appeared previously, though).

My other two options I'll suggest are these:

The Haida - Pacific Northwest culture. Brings in the Totem Pole aspect of Native American culture. They had an interesting combat style too (they were essentially the Vikings of the Northwest). Problem, we already have the Danes, so they might not want more Vikings ;)

The Mississippians/Mound Builders - Undoubtedly the most complex (and believe it or not, influential) North American Indian civilization. It's possible to cheat a bit for a leader (Tuskaloosa was a Mississippian leader, he just probably wasn't an important one).

ETA: Just beaten for the Haida

I'd love to make a new poll (with multichoice options) because I could probably put about 15-20 choices instead of 5.

I would want the Mississipans (and as Louis XXIV said we can cheat for a leader - use Tuskaloosa, so having a leader actually isn't a problem), or, if more specific, maybe call them Cahokians or something.

What I think we'll have is either the Sioux, Apache, or Comanche.

I would prefer Mound Builders if we don't want to use Mississippians. The problem with the name Cahokians is just that there were so many others who didn't live in Cahokia (for example, Tuskaloosa ;) ).

I would prefer Mound Builders if we don't want to use Mississippians. The problem with the name Cahokians is just that there were so many others who didn't live in Cahokia (for example, Tuskaloosa ;) ).

True, but Mound Builders is just as vague as Missisippans, I guess, so I was trying to get something to satisfy those that don't like blob civs like Polynesia or the Celts. :D

Top Bottom