SteamDB: "Bison" Depot??

Scirocco16V

Warlord
http://steamdb.info/app/8930/#section_depots
At steamdb.info, on the Depot tab for Civ 5, there's a new entry, "Bison," with a status of "Unused."
Also, on the History tab, there's this:
15 days ago Changed Depots
235589/config/oslist: windows
235589/name: Bison

That sure sounds like an ambiguous code name if I ever heard one.

Good news seems to be that they're working on something.

Ooh! Good find Scirocco!
Now, let the rabid speculation begin...

I'm gonna leak what this patch precisely is because I'm so badass, my chest hair is actually my beard. Wait, that doesn't sound that cool at all. Disregard that. Just the completely legit leak below.

M. Bison's Shadaloo/Shadow Law Empire with Bisonopolis as the Capital.

UA : All I want to do is create a perfect genetic soldier/Psycho Powers (team not sure what to call this one) - All Unhappiness reduced by 10%. All units gain experience 15% slower and require 10% more production to be built, but their Strength is increased by 20%. Warmongering penalties doubled, and AI's are twice as likely to declare war on you. After conquering a city, +10% production and gold in the capital for 5 turns.

UU - Shadaloo Fighters - replaces Modern Infantry. Can attack twice per turn. Enemies can't retaliate to the first attack, but they can to the second one. -25% received ranged damage (not Cover I or II, stacks with them fully). +75% experience gain.

UB - Clone Factory - replaces Factory. If a unit of any kind is garrisoned in the city, building another unit of the same kind there costs 50% less production. If any GP is stationed in the city, +20% to generating the same type of GP.

Actually, now that I think about it, Clone Factory sounds like a fun UB to use. Fieraxus plz gibe

I've been waiting for DLC to spice the game up a bit...

... binge playing ~150 hours of BNW after it came out was a bad idea.

I'm not sure what to think of this. It doesn't exactly sound like a luxury resource. I was thinking it might have something to do with providing better food-oriented starts for civilizations with a strong plains/avoid forest and jungle bias (few deer). The only question is: what are the yields? +1 Food or +2 Food with +1 Hammer with camp?

I've been waiting for DLC to spice the game up a bit...

... binge playing ~150 hours of BNW after it came out was a bad idea.

Me too, but I think they could get a bit more out of revising former civilizations, much like they did with Germany. We won't even speak of Denmark.

Me too, but I think they could get a bit more out of revising former civilizations, much like they did with Germany. We won't even speak of Denmark.

Agreed. India leaves much to be desired, and America should be reworked (such promise for aggressive ideology bonus, culture victory bonus (listening to your pop music, wearing your blue jeans), espionage (see NSA), etc. Anything other than the generic conglomeration they are- seriously, stealing Brazil's Prachina's ability? On top of what was probably already the best out of their uniques? Smh. There was a lot to work with. Poor execution). I kinda like Denmark, but I'm in the minority there, so make of that what you will.

That said, this is by far my favorite game bar none, and I am extremely pleased with has been done so far.:D

I'm gonna leak what this patch precisely is because I'm so badass, my chest hair is actually my beard. Wait, that doesn't sound that cool at all. Disregard that. Just the completely legit leak below.

M. Bison's Shadaloo/Shadow Law Empire with Bisonopolis as the Capital.

UA : All I want to do is create a perfect genetic soldier/Psycho Powers (team not sure what to call this one) - All Unhappiness reduced by 10%. All units gain experience 15% slower and require 10% more production to be built, but their Strength is increased by 20%. Warmongering penalties doubled, and AI's are twice as likely to declare war on you. After conquering a city, +10% production and gold in the capital for 5 turns.

UU - Shadaloo Fighters - replaces Modern Infantry. Can attack twice per turn. Enemies can't retaliate to the first attack, but they can to the second one. -25% received ranged damage (not Cover I or II, stacks with them fully). +75% experience gain.

UB - Clone Factory - replaces Factory. If a unit of any kind is garrisoned in the city, building another unit of the same kind there costs 50% less production. If any GP is stationed in the city, +20% to generating the same type of GP.

Actually, now that I think about it, Clone Factory sounds like a fun UB to use. Fieraxus plz gibe

Sioux
Leader: Crazy Horse, Sitting Bull, Red Cloud, Touch the Clouds, Running Antelope, or Kill Eagle
Capital: Oglala or Hunkpapa
UA: The Great Migration - Can move a city to a different location 3 times; +1 extra gold and food from Bisons worked by the city
UU: Tomahawk - replaces Chariot Archer; First-strike ranged attack before combat; extra combat in open terrain
UB: Tipi - replaces Granary; +3 food; +2 food from wheat, banana, dear, and bison

As of 2 days ago SteamDB lists "Bison" as DLC & as "encrypted" instead of "unused".

2 days ago Changed Depots
235589/config/oslist: windows
235589/name: Bison
266720/dlcappid: 266720
266720/name: Bison (266720) Depot

2 days ago Changed changenumber – 334531 › 335001
3 days ago Changed ListOfDLC – 16860,16861,16862,16863,16864,16865,16866,16867,16868,16870,16872,16879,34490,34491,34492,34493,34494,34495,34496,34497,34498,99610,99611,99612,99613,102000,102001,102002,102003,210450,235580,235584,235585,266720

Well, looks like there's another DLC coming...let's hope it's something vaguely interesting, instead of more dull map packs.
Also, it dawns on me that perhaps the DLC will finally reveal what the deal was with that Conquest of the New World Deluxe scenario.

Well, looks like there's another DLC coming...let's hope it's something vaguely interesting, instead of more dull map packs.
Also, it dawns on me that perhaps the DLC will finally reveal what the deal was with that Conquest of the New World Deluxe scenario.

Adding in Portugal and The Shoshone, I hope. :)
Though, I'd be more interested in a Into the Renaissance Delux: cities start pre-placed, updated with BNW mechanics (Trade routes, World Congress, Christianity Split), and the new Civs. Of all of the scenarios, ITR seems like it would most fit with the gameplay of Brave New World.

Perhaps the DLC will finally reveal what the deal was with that Conquest of the New World Deluxe scenario.

I really hope so. Hopefully they'll update the rest of the vanilla scenarios w/ at least the G&K combat/unit mechanics. Trying to play any of the vanilla scenarios really shows how far Civ 5 has come. 10HP, no melee ships, no great admirals, no composite bows, gattling guns, siege unit changes, etc, etc.

I really hope so. Hopefully they'll update the rest of the vanilla scenarios w/ at least the G&K combat/unit mechanics. Trying to play any of the vanilla scenarios really shows how far Civ 5 has come. 10HP, no melee ships, no great admirals, no composite bows, gattling guns, siege unit changes, etc, etc.

Man, just playing the Vanilla scenarios in GnK made me feel weird. :S

Please enlighten me: What's a depot in this context?

It seems to be a group of files to be installed to support a specific function/feature. Just read down the list of names at http://steamdb.info/app/8930/#section_depots to get a good idea. Or here's a copy and paste:

Spoiler :

Depots
AppID Name OS Extra Info
8931 CivilizationV-BaseContent
8932 CivilizationV-EXE
8933 CivilizationV-Base2
8934 Sid Meier's Civilization V French
8935 Sid Meier's Civilization V Italian
8936 Sid Meier's Civilization V German
8937 Sid Meier's Civilization V Spanish
8938 Sid Meier's Civilization V Japanese
8939 Sid Meier's Civilization V Russian
16860 Cradle of Civilization - Mediterranean Optional
16861 Cradle of Civilization - Asia Optional
16862 Cradle of Civilization - Americas Optional
16863 Cradle of Civilization - Mesopotamia Optional
16864 Civ V Digital Deluxe Content Optional
16865 Civ and Scenario Pack - Mongols, Genghis Khan Optional
16866 Multiplayer Map Pack 1 Optional
16867 Double Civ and Scenario Pack - Spain, Isabella and Inca, Pachacuti Optional
16868 Civ Pack - Babylon Nebuchadnezzar II Optional
16869 Civ V Soundtrack Optional
16880 Sid Meier's Civilization V Polish
16881 Sid Meier's Civilization V Koreana
34481 CivilizationVMac-BaseContent
34482 CivilizationVMac-APP
34483 CivilizationVMac-Base2
34484 Sid Meier's Civilization V French Mac
34485 Sid Meier's Civilization V Italian Mac
34486 Sid Meier's Civilization V German Mac
34487 Sid Meier's Civilization V Spanish Mac
34490 Cradle of Civilization - Mediterranean Mac Optional
34491 Cradle of Civilization - Asia Mac Optional
34492 Cradle of Civilization - Americas Mac Optional
34493 Cradle of Civilization - Mesopotamia Mac Optional
34494 Civ V Digital Deluxe Content Mac Optional
34495 Civ and Scenario Pack - Mongols, Genghis Khan Mac Optional
34496 Multiplayer Map Pack 1 Mac Optional
34497 Double Civ and Scenario Pack - Spain, Isabella and Inca, Pachacuti Mac Optional
34498 Civ Pack - Babylon Nebuchadnezzar II Mac Optional
99610 Civ and Scenario Pack - Polynesia Optional
99611 Civ and Scenario Pack - Denmark Optional
99612 Civ and Scenario Pack - Korea Optional
99613 Scenario Pack - Ancient Wonders Optional
102000 Civ and Scenario Pack - Polynesia Mac Optional
102001 Civ and Scenario Pack - Denmark Mac Optional
102002 Civ and Scenario Pack - Korea Mac Optional
16870 Expansion - Gods and Kings Content Optional
102003 Scenario Pack - Ancient Wonders Mac Optional
16871 Expansion - Gods and Kings - EXE Optional
210450 Expansion - Gods and Kings Content Mac
210451 Expansion - Gods and Kings - EXE Mac
235580 Expansion - Brave New World Content
235581 Expansion - Brave New World - EXE
235582 Expansion - Brave New World Content Mac
235583 Expansion - Brave New World - EXE Mac
235584 Changing Worlds Map Pack: Continents (235584) Depot
235585 Changing Worlds Map Pack: Nations (235585) Depot
235586 Sid Meier's Civilization V Chinese
235587 Changing Worlds Map Pack: Continents Depot Mac
235588 Changing Worlds Map Pack: Nations Depot Mac
235590 Sid Meier's Civilization V Simplified Chinese Unused
266720 Bison (266720) Depot Encrypted

We already have cows, they're kind of the same thing.

Besides, Sol Badguy could wipe the floor with Bison and any number of clones... clones... Misaka clones... Sol... Oh my god, Guilty Gear x Railgun crossover! A Certain Bounty-Hunter's Dragon Install Sakkai!

We already have cows, they're kind of the same thing.

Besides, Sol Badguy could wipe the floor with Bison and any number of clones... clones... Misaka clones... Sol... Oh my god, Guilty Gear x Railgun crossover! A Certain Bounty-Hunter's Dragon Install Sakkai!

Sol is the best bad guy who's not actually a bad guy despite being called a Badguy, but I was always a Robo-Ky/Ky Kiske man myself.

How about
Post War Administration Bureau with That Man as a leaderhead. I don't know if he rules them or not, but he probably does.

Unique Ability : Geared for Victory - +66% pun power in your UA. Science in all cities is increased by 4% for 8 turns (standard speed) after conquering a city, and by 1% after destroying any enemy unit. Stacks with itself.

Unique Unit : Robo-Ky. Replaces X-Com unit and comes two techs earlier. Has 145 Combat Strength, but also has a 66% chance to completely ignore your orders, doing a completely random thing. Doesn't actually kill enemy units, but turns them to your side with 50 HP - if enemy lowers them back to 1 HP, they turn to his side again.
Has an ability to instantly marry any well-endowed, young (so nope to Marias) female leader of a nation you're fighting, highly improving relations between your civs and instantly forcing a white peace. When used this way, Robo-Ky disappears, becoming an ideal family man.

Unique Building : Post War Administration Bureau Office - replaced Police Station. +2 happiness, creates a free Robo-Ky unit when the right tech is discovered.

Too bad we're getting M. Bison instead. Or Sioux. Who knows.

Top Bottom