Question about Religious Ideology Pressure

Redaxe

Emperor
Hey just something I thought of.

If say I choose Order as an Ideology and I'm facing a potential revolutionary wave towards Autocracy and I'm getting a lot of unhappiness is it worth trying to increase the amount of tourism that other Order Civs have over me.

So for instance if there are other Civs with Order is it worth me opening my borders to them so they generate tourism over me more quickly. Does that help my own people stick with my ideology?
I guess the same question would go with diplomats and trade routes but since you can't really make an AI send these to you open borders is all I can think of here to give another Civ more tourism over you.
Of course you don't want another Civ to become culturally dominant over you but if every Civ with your ideology is Exotic with you does that help repel foreign ideologies?

The answer is it depends.
If you are unknown to them, it's definitely worth while founding the guilds and filling the slots since it only takes 10% to get to exotic.
If you are already exotic, then it depends upon how close you are to familiar, but it's normally worth it.

Popular though takes so much that unless going after cultural victory it doesn't tend to be worth it.

Bulbing Great Writers will also help, however it takes so little to become exotic over anybody it's not going to knock them down to unknown.

Another thing to consider in this situation is DOWing whichever AI is the tourism leader so that his great works become yours.

The only bearing religion has upon ideology in most games is that shared religion is a 25% boost (40% with the bottom left Aesthetics policy)

There is though a World Religion proposal which in theory can provide a major boost, however over 98% of the time such proposals get voted down with the only result being that all AIs that founded a different religion and now mad at whoever proposed it.

Is this about the "world religion" law in the World Congress?
It can provide a nice boot to tourism if you have the holy city I think.

His question seems to be, does the the tourism level over you by Civs with the same iepdeology counteract the unhappiness caused by the tourism level of Civs with a different ideology, not his tourism over them, ie should he open his borders to same aligned Civs to counter act other ideologies?

I think that the answer is yes that it does counter it, other wise if you had two different ideology tourism power houses (say they were both dominant) then you would simply flip between the two ideologies incessantly. So open your borders, and make trade routes with your ideological 'allies'

His question seems to be, does the the tourism level over you by Civs with the same iepdeology counteract the unhappiness caused by the tourism level of Civs with a different ideology, not his tourism over them, ie should he open his borders to same aligned Civs to counter act other ideologies?

I think that the answer is yes that it does counter it, other wise if you had two different ideology tourism power houses (say they were both dominant) then you would simply flip between the two ideologies incessantly. So open your borders, and make trade routes with your ideological 'allies'

That's what I was on about :)

Top Bottom